Thank You Miles City
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 13 years ago
You turn out, show up and participate in ever increasing numbers with more enthusiasm with each new year.

We especially appreciate those of you that got your entry form in before the parade date. It made the organizers task much easier.

You continue to make me proud to be a part of our community.

It would not be possible without the help of Scott, Mary Elizabeth, Kim, Cori, Bruce, Art, Kay, Glenna, Randy, Chris and all of the community organizations, service groups, clubs, churches and volunteers that give their time and service to us all.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
supporter
Posted by cori schock (+185) 13 years ago
Thank you to everyone who came to the First Baptist Church BBQ in the park. Counting the sandwich buns we had left - minus a dropped one here and there - looks like we served just at 950 people!! Thanks too for your generosity at the donations jar. We expect to be able to give the VFW $1,000+ for next year's fireworks. It was a GREAT day!!!!
Posted by Toni Lee Rentschler (+220) 13 years ago
I really liked taking the kids there but they really thought there would have been more. Can there maybe a contest for best float next year? With a little $10 sign up fee. Might bring in more floats....
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 13 years ago
Considering how successful the BHS parade is at bringing in floats, I doubt charging a fee would help the situation on the Fourth. As has been discussed before, float building seems to be a dead art in Miles City.
Posted by LLE (+53) 13 years ago
We want to THANK EVERTYONE for a wonderful job they did the 4th. It was one of the best times we have had in along time... THANK YOU
Posted by J Scheuering (+9) 13 years ago
Hey.. thanks to everyone on the parade committee. As usual, everything went without a hitch and everyone had a great time... both spectators and participants. Doing a float isn't an unpleasant job...of course, I have great help!! I hope there's even more entries next year.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 13 years ago
John, your float was a perfect example of the spirit of this parade. A float doesn't need be 40 feet long and covered with seeds and flowers.

Thank you for your participation and serving as an example of how a little effort, time and creativity can pay off in fun and entertainment.
Posted by TS (+17) 13 years ago
My children and I go to Laurel every year for the 4th of July and I was very pleased that we decided to stay home this year. We all had a wonderful time during the parade and spent the entire day at Riverside park until the fireworks. Thank you to all of you who have turned the 4th of July back into a day of celebration and not just a fireworks show.
supporter
Posted by marciehoff (+207) 13 years ago
WOW to think maybe a person was trying to get more people involved so lets make it sound so negative. Of course it must be a Fee to get a float in it surely couldn't be towards prize money for the best float. Could it ???