Link to Miles City pictures
founder
Posted by Patrick Petroff (+22) 19 years ago
I put up a post in this forum earlier with the same information I'll provide below only I put this "pathway to Miles City's past" under an unrelated heading that shouldn't be missed. The Library of Congress located online carries a wonderful and extraordinary amount of images of Miles City. The pictures vary from the Tongue River bridge on Pacific Avenue to the Fort Keogh bridge (awesome b&w photos), the Stockman Bar to the Miles City Roundup. Do not miss the pictures of General Miles' quarters either. I believe that copies of these CAN be obtained from the Library of Congress for a price too. Whether it is an unreal amount of money or a reasonable price I do not know. To see these photos check out the site: http://memory.loc.gov/amm...query.html From here type in the words Miles City Montana and click on SEARCH. There is I believe 3-4 pages of photos so don't just stop at the first page. When you click on the underlined name of the photo you want to see don't be surprised not to see anything, but a description....there should be a bar across the upper half of the screen that has something like "15 b&w photos" or "5 data pages", click on those and "WALLAH!" Enjoy experiencing some of the past unseen!

Pat.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 19 years ago
Hi Pat,
Thanks for the very useful tip! Looks like there is lots of great info there.

Regards, Larry
MilesCity.com Webmaster
founder
Posted by JEANNE M BOLE (+32) 19 years ago
DEAR PATRICK,
I AM WONDERING IF YOU HAVE HEARD OF THE HYDE APT ON MAIN ST,
ALSO THE ERICKSON APARTMENTS ALSO ON MAIN ST. THESE ARE 2
OF THE PLACES I LIVED AS A CHILD ANDI WOULD LIKE TO IF THEY ARE STILL THERE. I AM COMING TO MILES CITY IN MAY AND
WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PICTURES I WROTE YOU A LONG LETTER
YESTERDAY THAT I KNOW YOU PROBABLY NEVER GOT.
IF YOU GET THIS LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ASK ALL THE THINGS
I AM CURIOUS.
THANKS
JEANNE PARIS BOLE
[email protected]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 19 years ago
Hyde Flats are still there. I think they are for sale, if you want to buy them. Ah, were the Ericksons on East Main? If they are the ones I'm thinking of, they are still there. But the Hyde building definitely is, although the old Hyde Hotel next door is gone and is now the modern steel St. Vincent de Paul store.

--Amorette
founder
Posted by JEANNE M BOLE (+32) 19 years ago
THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. THE ERICKSON APARTMENTS
WERE I BELIEVE ON THE 1600 BLOCK OF MAIN ST. I REMEMBER
THE TIME A RATTLESNAKE WAS SEEN CLIMBING UP THE WALL OF
THE BUILDING AND IT SEEMED LIKE THE WHOLE TOWN TURNED
OUT TO SEE THE POLICE COME AND GET IT.