Hillary Clinton meet & greet Tonight!
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 14 years ago
The Hillary Clinton campaign is sending supporters from Texas and North Carolina to Miles City tonight. Please join us at the Montana Room adjacent to the Montana Bar downtown tonight at 6:00 PM to meet Texas campaign chair Garry Mauro and North Carolina chair Ace Smith. Mauro ran against George Bush in the Texas governors race.

6:00 PM at the Montana, TONIGHT.

Friday May 30, 2008.

[This message has been edited by Chad (edited 5/30/2008).]
Posted by ABC (+387) 14 years ago
"The Hillary Clinton campaign is sending supporters from Texas and North Carolina to Miles City tonight."

Couldn't find enough supporters in Montana?

[This message has been edited by ABC (edited 5/30/2008).]
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 14 years ago
Wish I had known about it earlier. Too late now to go. Thanks anyway
Posted by Scott (+261) 14 years ago
Support Hillary, Go to the bar!!!!!!! Thats one heck of a campaign slogan.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 14 years ago
I'm just relaying information as it was released at 4:00 PM today. The Montana Room is adjacent to the bar and is actually a very nice space for meeting and social activities.

Why the out of state supporters? I don't know. I've told the Obama guy downstairs he should lose his out of state D.C. license plates so more people will walk through his door.

As a person that moved here from California that was born in North Dakota I bear the brunt of many jokes. I really don't know why there's so much animosity toward out of staters- it's not like the rest of you have been here that long. How do you think the Native nations feel about you?
supporter
No animosity here at all, just wish I had known about it earlier. Should be interesting.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 14 years ago
The two "out-of-staters" came here to talk about things that most folks - whether they live in Montana or Timbuktu - haven't experienced. Garry Mauro from Texas has known and worked with the Clintons since the early 1970s, so he gave a personal testimonial about why he believes Hillary is the best president. Ace ? - sorry, I forgot his last name - managed the winning campaigns for Hillary in two states, and he had valuable advice about what Hillary's supporters in Montana can do to be most efficient and effective in the remaining days between now and Tuesday's primary.

Regarding the "native vs. newcomer" debate, I grew up in Colorado where my young friends and I absolutely hated Texans and Californians. At the ripe old age of 25 I moved to Texas to get a Master's degree at UT -- and guess what -- I found out that a whole lot of Texans were pretty good people and some were even pretty smart and knew a thing or two that I didn't. Whodathunkit?

I guess one of the lessons I learned down there is that when it comes to the things that are really important, artificial things like state boundary lines don't really matter. And I believe that is especially true in something as big as an election where we are trying to figure out who the best individual is to fill the most important office in the WORLD at one of the most critical and confusing moments OF ALL TIME.

If ever there was an occasion to think globally and give small issues like the "native vs. newcomer" debate a rest -- let alone the old "what's in it for me" question -- I think this is it. How about it?

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 5/31/2008).]
supporter
Agree with you totally Steve. We are, after all, Americans first.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1650) 14 years ago
Steve said:

I guess one of the lessons I learned down there is that when it comes to the things that are really important, artificial things like state boundary lines don't really matter. And I believe that is especially true in something as big as an election..

Maybe you have forgotten about a somewhat important election component called the "electoral college"? I think the state lines do still matter. Better revisit some of those knowledgeable Texans somemore.

Cheers!
FH
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 13 years ago
Re: Electoral college. I didn't forget that one bit, Frank. If we had been talking about the mechanics of an election, I would have been happy to discuss strategy issues. But we were discussing the "how long have you lived here" issue - and I don't think the electoral college is germane to that at all. On the other hand, policy issues are. My point was simply when it comes to the issues at stake in this election and America's changing role in the world at this particular point in time, I think it's wisest to look beyond our local, state or even regional interests. Is that asking too much?

Oh, btw, as a youngster in Colorado I didn't think anybody knew much about anything. As a young to middle age adult in Texas, I found out that just about everybody knew something. Now, as I enter my "mature years in Montana, I'm finding that some people seem to know everything! (especially here on MilesCity.com) I sure hope the next place I end up isn't a place where EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING -- cuz that sounds an awful lot like Hell to me! (and at my age, that's getting to be a topic I think about quite a bit)

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 6/1/2008).]

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 6/1/2008).]