Posted by Roxanna Brush (+119) 13 years ago
After the story in the star on page 3 Friday, I was dying to see what was being said on MC.COM. Here it is Wed. and "nothing". No one has anything to say about a local wannabe politician running for office having restraining orders filed against him by two seperate people? Anyone want to add to this story? I bet our out of towners would love to know?
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+287) 13 years ago
I bet Roxanne is re-thinking her decision to post under her real name. That Con-web thing had to hurt!

[This message has been edited by poisonspaghetti (edited 6/5/2008).]
Posted by Mary Quintus (+58) 13 years ago
I lived in Miles City for 17 years. I don't need to say what I did only that I left a lot of good friends and memories as well as a foot-print. I also treated everyone as I would want to be treated.
Posted by Alice (+27) 13 years ago
Mary,

Also that footprint. Wasn't that pot hole filled last week.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 13 years ago
Apparently you're looking for criticism. You've come to the right place. Smells rosy in here.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 6/5/2008).]
supporter
And for the record, I lived there longer and left many, many memories - most scrawled on the walls of the county jail or splattered on the floor of the Bison.
Posted by ABE (+415) 13 years ago
Damn people, there's more problems in this town than I thought. There is only one way I can see to end all of this bad blood between people.

First Annual Miles City City Wide Cage Match.

We can sell it pay-perview to other towns and use that money to pay for the giant cage.

YES!!!
supporter
In
Acutally I have been honest about my past and did my time in South Dakota so I really do not know this Becky.
supporter
AAAAAhahahahaahaaaa
Posted by susan l. cadlo (+1) 13 years ago
well count yourself lucky then Roxanna she is one baaad woman
and sad to say she actually looks happy she killed someone! says she is a widow I wonder if it is her late husband she killed?
[This message has been edited by susan l. cadlo (edited 6/6/2008).]

[This message has been edited by susan l. cadlo (edited 6/6/2008).]
Alice,
People who live in glass houses should never throw rocks.
Alice,
You people seemed to know how to find this Becky? You must have had a passing acquaintance with her. What is your "colorful" past? Sounds like a situation of the pot calling the kettle black.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1483) 13 years ago
And to think, others wonder why folks are not willing to become involved in politics at the state, local, and national levels.

[This message has been edited by MRH (edited 6/7/2008).]
supporter
There is that fiiiiiine treatment Mary expects in return.
Posted by Brian (+355) 13 years ago
Interesting how people were more or less letting this thread die, but Mary keeps posting, even when nobody is responding. We've got other, more interesting things to talk about than your personal vendettas, Mary. You hate Eric...we've established that....wow. Lets all pay attention to Mary now and her poor, bruised ego. Can I offer you some words of sympathy? You poor, poor dear...big bad Eric running against poor Mary years ago. I....I...I think I'm going to cry. Yes, I definitely hear the violins playing for dear, sweet Mary. She's shown such poise, such restraint, such respect in this thread that the very thought of somebody not giving her EVERYTHING she thinks she's entitled to...it's...it's too much to take. "LEAVE MARY QUINTUS ALONE!" (Said in best Chris Crocker voice)
Sorry Brian, I don't have an ego to bruise.

So why didn't I let this thread die???? Because what Eric did to Roxannes was despicable, putting in place the corrections web site to make a mockery of her. Why? Because she dared to be critical of him. Rembember that for every finger you point at someone there are 4 fingers pointing back at you. Wonder if there is a basis for a lawsuit there???

Just a word of advice to Alice.

Alice, Miles City is not Aurora, CO, Butte, MT or Billings. You are in little old Miles City where people will take note of who you are because you are now the SO of Eric Brandt, a candidate running for county commissioner. If you think you can remain anonymous, you are in la la land. There are those who have already delved into your background and probably know more about you than you care to have them know. That is one of the perks that comes when you choose to be associated with someone in the public eye.

I will say this, this whole incident is beginning to resemble a bucket of s..t. The more you stir, the more it stinks.

And that is all I am going to say except that Eric didn't win the city seat in the last election, either. Wonder why????

[This message has been edited by Mary Quintus (edited 6/7/2008).]

[This message has been edited by Mary Quintus (edited 6/7/2008).]
Posted by Brian (+355) 13 years ago
What? Are you some kind of mutant, Mary? I only count three fingers!

In addition, the last election, people voted in the person they thought was most qualified for the job... then that person freaked out and moved away.

HOLD ON! That wasn't the same Mary Quintus! Or was it?

[This message has been edited by Brian (edited 6/7/2008).]
Brian, so I am a mutant. Except Eric put in an application for the position when I moved. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 13 years ago
Gail wrote:

All this back and forth is making you both seem crazy.

Well said, I agree!

MRH wrote:

And to think, others wonder why folks are not willing to become involved in politics at the state, local, and national levels.

I hear that. Unfortunately throwing your hat in that ring seems to be free license for people to drag you through the mud. Eric and the commissioners (and the mayor for that matter) can can take solace in the fact that whatever people say about them, it's not half as bad as what has been said about McCain, Clinton, Obama, or God forbid George W. Bush on this very board .

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (edited 6/7/2008).]
And who put that link in (about 22 messages back)? That thread has already been noted in the community by some of the voters. Once in print, hard to erase and forget.
I guess this is what Mary Quintus is referring to when she told Alice that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks:

http://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin...id=A037227
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9023) 13 years ago
AND she's an unwed mother? The horror, the horror. Cap'n Google is bad enough, do we really need a Commrade ConWeb?
The difference between you and I Roxanna is that I received a settlement for wrongful incarceration.

Have a wonderful day.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16811) 13 years ago
This is, hands down, the best thread ever on milescity.com. Thanks, Larry, for restoring it.
The only difference is I got out before you.
Posted by LG (+202) 13 years ago
HI!

[This message has been edited by LG (edited 6/9/2008).]
Roxanna,

Really, so you are saying that you were unlawfully incarcerated, were able to prove it in a court of law and received a settlement?

WOW I didn't know that we were that much alike.

The biggest point here is that you went out of your way to speak harshly about others. You don't take a look at yourself and simply seemed to forget that you have some issues in your past. I simply wanted to remind you that you are not perfect.

I truly hope that you are able to get over yourself, deal with your issues, and move on with your life.

If I remember correctly, you are stirring things up exactly like a person would out of boredom in a cell.

Are you trapped in your own life of misery and can't get out?

OOPS! I almost felt sorry for you.
Listen Alice you are the one that tried to pair me up with your murdering cell mate. Do your own time and don't worry about mine. I would think that you would be too busy packing with that 30 days approaching. Once again I am not running for public office I have no secrets to hide. Before you ask, we don't need to meet at the coffee shop as I know where you live and you can find me at the softball field. I think that I accomplished what I needed to with this spread and have a nice time in court tomorrow.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1887) 13 years ago
WTF??!! Has everyone in Miles City been to prison? I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
What is it that you THINK you have accomplished. Trying to sharpen your claws with making little remarks in reference to Eric is very childish. Also I have a house. So if you know where I live then I would be very interested in finding out how you know where that is.

By the way. Becky wasn't my cell mate. NICE TRY!! Can't you do better than that?

[This message has been edited by Alice (edited 6/9/2008).]
Posted by Robert Fitzgerald Kenny (+19) 13 years ago
CHICK FIGHT!
Posted by mule train (+1050) 13 years ago
WOW!!! I just got through reading this entire blog....great, great stuff people...I just want to say "thank you" to everybody for putting this thing together. The fine people of Miles City will get a commisioner, whether they want one or not. Can I suggest a write in vote for.....the real Bobby Kenny. You gotta admit, he knows the issues better than most.

Chick fight at the softball field would be awesome. Let's make sure that it gets on the webcam though, so let's fight on Main street instead...please.

School employees should really watch what they say on public forums. To think that you are going to stay anonymous on these types of blog sites is foolish. I would be embarrassed if I were you CCR.

Now...let's get that fight going!

[This message has been edited by mule train (edited 6/10/2008).]
Posted by GVC (+521) 12 years ago
Just want to say thank you to all those who have posted on this thread. I have never laughed so much in all my life. Let me know when the cage match is. I'll be there.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5099) 12 years ago
GVC:

Well, there is a companion thread called "Chick Fight in Nothing," but it doesn't have the top-notch content of this thread.

Bob L.
Posted by Tom Hoffmann (+47) 12 years ago
If Mr. Brandt wins this election this town will go downhill fast. From past encounters with him I have found him to be a lying, backstabbing lowlife. Remember the fiasco at the 600 cafe and the article Brandt put in the Star, it was a complete boldface lie. I was the person who wrote the rebuttal to his lies. So Miles City Think before you vote.

Thomas H. Hoffmann
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5099) 12 years ago
Wow.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
supporter
Posted by marciehoff (+201) 12 years ago
Golly, I wonder how he really feels?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 12 years ago
Just speaking for myself, no I don't remember that fiasco.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1279) 12 years ago
Isn't the election over? Didn't Eric lose? Or am I in some kind of time warp?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16811) 12 years ago
That was the primary, Cory.....the real election is in November.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+932) 12 years ago
Cory,

That was the primary election.

The general is this November. Remember to tune in to KMCM for full election coverage.

founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+932) 12 years ago
Darn it, Gunnar, I was writing my note but you beat me to it.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1279) 12 years ago
So Eric lost the primary, but he's still in the race? Why is that guy all up in arms about Eric if he's not in it anymore? I thought Eric was running against our friend Jack and lost to him.

Bart, you can give your election report right after my updates from the state wrestling tournament!
Posted by Steve Allison (+975) 12 years ago
The primary was to cut the contenders down to two. Because only two filed it was meaningless.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+287) 12 years ago
WELL...if political insider Thomas H. Hoffman isn't voting for Eric, neither am I! But then again, I live in western Montana.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 12 years ago
Something I just realized - This post started out about Nothing, quickly spun out of control into Something, and now seems to be back to Nothing again. I propose that all those in favor of retiring this thread into the "MC.com Hall of Fame" say - ummm - Nothing!

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (edited 6/27/2008).]
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1496) 12 years ago
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 12 years ago
Oh man, when I saw the "Nothing" thread had been revived I thought - Holy Moly - What's up now??? Leave it to Frank to find and post something that truly is about --- NOTHING!

Color me - relieved! Phew!
Posted by GVC (+521) 12 years ago
pickled koolaid

GVC's wife