Posted by Damian (+90) 17 years ago
Just wondering if anyone here plays Everquest? My friend got me hooked on it about a year ago and I cant seem to function without it now. Anyway, If you do what is your character name and server you play on.

I play Nuadu Smertrios (65 Barbarian Warrior) on E-Marr Server.
Posted by Darryl Condit (+54) 17 years ago
No offense. I haven't played this game, but I know of people that do and it is the devil. People get addicted like it is crack. I know of people that had to drop out of school, got fired, and I read a story about someone commiting suicide over the game. My point is that this game is the spawn of the devil.
LOL, ya it is pretty bad. I don't know about "spawn of the Devil" Bad but it does have the nickname of Evercrack. Basically to beable to play this game and still have a real life you need some willpower. For those who dont play I suggest you stay away from it unless you have alot of free time.
Posted by jackie (+172) 17 years ago
geez, whatever happened to simple games like scrabble and trivial pursuit........:confused
Ummmm ... They Died when the Computer was made affordable for home? I do however enjoy a good game a Cribbage now and then ... well as long as there is money involved hehe.
Posted by Darryl Condit (+54) 17 years ago
pinnocle, poker, and tivial pursuit are still amazing games. PS. ping pong rocks also
Posted by Angela Setera (+108) 17 years ago
I played alot of dominoes at college. And of course other games like Egyptian Rat Slap, Uno, Spoons...dang, I forget the name of the other games we always played. My friends could stay up for hours playing pinochle. I've never actually played that one, but it must be a fun game if you can play it for 5 hours straight right?
Posted by Brady Stone (+165) 17 years ago
What ever happened to quarters and spin the bottle, doctor, twister and fun games like that?
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 17 years ago
"Egyptian Rat Slap" - What's this ?

Kyle
Posted by James Shaw (+37) 17 years ago
I'm about to repair a computer with "Everquest" on it. Seems that it might have a security hole in it, allowing people to take it over.

Be careful everyone.
It's actually been awhile since I've played Egyptian Rat Slap (too many injuries, we had to halt play partway through the school year), but I think I remember how to play it...

It's sorta a combination of War and Slap Jack really. The point is to get all of the cards in the deck. To begin, you split up the deck so everybody gets cards. You don't look at your cards. You go around the circle laying down a card, face up, in the center (flip from the top of your deck and away from you so you don't have the advantage of seeing the card before the opponents). Whenever an Ace is played, the next person in line has four chances to lay down a face card on the pile. If the player doesn't happen to have a face card in the top 4 cards of their pile, the player who played the Ace picks up all of the cards in the pile (all the cards below the Ace and the 4 cards on top of the Ace). Similarly, with a King you get 3 tries to produce a face card, with a Queen you get 2, and with a Jack you get 1 try. Anytime the player fails to produce a face card, the player of the original face card is awarded the pile. If the person DOES produce a face card, the game continues. For example, the third card I lay down on your Ace is a Jack, you don't get any cards, but I do because the person who plays after me happened to lay down a 2(a non-face card). (is any of this actually making sense?) Now for the "slap" part of the game...When doubles get layed down, the first person to slap the pile gets all of the cards. Example: I lay down a 5, and the next card flipped onto the pile is also a 5. Well, I, being the keen observer I am, notice this before anyone else, so I quickly slap the pile first (and then some girl wearing these big rings which apparently slows down her swing, slaps my hand hard, smashing the rings right on top of my knuckles, and I scream "ouch!" but smirk because I still get the cards) Anyone can "slap in," even if they've already lost their cards. Some people also play that you can slap "sandwiches." Sandwiches are cards in sequences like 5-8-5 or 3-6-3 or 9-2-9 or 7-4-7...I think you get the picture. As with all games it seems...there are variations and other little rules that don't pop up until you're in the middle of the game, but these are the basics...If you can call it "basic" with the amount that I actually typed. I guess it remains to be seen if what I typed makes any sense anyway.
ok ... nothing to do with EQ
Sorry, never actually heard of EQ until this forum.
Posted by Erika Swanson (+12) 17 years ago
Damian,

I played EQ for about 2-3 years and I think that any MC people still left on there are on the Vazelle server. A lot of people have moved to FFXI (from what I know). Sorry I'm not much help but good luck!

Erika
43 Wood Elf Ranger

[This message has been edited by Erika Swanson (edited 7/17/2004).]
Bah FFXI sucks though. Well anyway, anyone else out there?
Posted by J. Dyba (+1343) 17 years ago
"I'm about to repair a computer with "Everquest" on it. Seems that it might have a security hole in it, allowing people to take it over."

Sorry to bump a thread but I read this and it made me laugh. No offense intended Mr. Shaw, but I am curious what security hole you think you might have discovered.