2008 Colorado Rockies
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 14 years ago
IT IS ALMOST HERE............

Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 14 years ago
And here is the road the Mariners are going to be heading down this season:
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 14 years ago
Way to hijack this thread for no apparent reason. You should start a web-community for people that hate everything.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 3/30/2008).]
supporter
Yeah... wasn't the other baseball thread all about the Mariners?? What part of "2008 Colorado Rockies Baseball" did you not understand?
supporter
He can't help himself. The Rockies look pretty good though, the division is going to be tough but I don't think anyone can run away from the pack. I'd say they have the best lineup in the NL - plenty of people will pick the Mets, but where has that taken them?

I'm excited to see your new 2B. I guess he has something tattooed across his forehead. (And Corpas is naaaaasty.)

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 3/30/2008).]
Posted by Schmitz - Matt (+408) 14 years ago
I've watched all the so called experts make their picks over the last few days. Oddly enough, most of them picked the Braves to win the NL pennant. One odd Cubs pick, and maybe a Mets pick, but I don't think so. I too like the Braves for the NL, and my heart tells me to pick the Mariners in the AL, but my head says the Indians finally get it done. From the wild card slot. I won't bet it, but I just wrote it down anyway. I for one will enjoy this season more than most in the recent past, in part because I don't have to watch Barry Bonds anymore. At least I hope not. Hope springs eternal this time of year, and I can't wait to watch much more baseball. The best game on the planet by far. With golf a close second. I don't care if it's the Rays and the Royals. It's just an intense game, pitch by pitch. Gonna try to get back to Seattle for a serie or two this summer. Love that stadium, and that is my team. It's only 1000 miles from MC to Seattle. Check it out people. It's a great trip.
Posted by Schmitz - Matt (+408) 14 years ago
Sorry Dudes! I responded to this post, and then saw the post regarding mostly Mariner issues. Didn't mean to poach on a topic.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 14 years ago
Rockies will have a good season. I would be suprised if they won the NL again, but it could happen (hell, I was suprised last season). One unfortunate consequence of winning last year is the fact that ticket prices went up...however Rock Pile tickets stayed the same...$4 to $5.

Coors Field's opening day is this Friday (I believe)...from what I have been hearing LoDo will be rocking much the same way it was back in Rocktober. There will be bands, cheap beer, and the weather should be nice (it snowed in Denver today).

The bottom line is the Rockies will be contenders for a long time now that they have wrapped up Troy "2 Legit to Quit" Tulowitzki in a long term contract. This guy is the new Ozzie Smith. Nothing gets by him. Also, I predict Atkins, Helton, and Holiday hit 30 homers each this season.
supporter
Helton might not, but Hawpe will.
Posted by MCGirl (+304) 14 years ago
There's a great article about Tulo in the latest Sports Illustrated, as well as some serious up-and-comers. I'm really excited about these young guys around the league (Tulo, Francouer, McCann, Zimmerman, Holliday, Mauer, etc. etc.)--maybe they can usher in a new era and help people get excited about baseball again.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 14 years ago
Francis got rocked yesterday...lucky for him it didn't count...they'll try it again tonight
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+889) 14 years ago
...question for you Rockie fans...
My dad has never been a huge fan of anything...until we got the Colorado Rockies... He's a farmer/rancher and we all know how much they work... well, my dad works sun up til sun down... until the Rockies start to play... He's in the house to watch pre-game on TV... BUT... We are subject to black outs! AND...dilemma 2... We have Dish network, BUT you can only get the MLB package through Direct TV...and they don't have local TV channels (Billings). So, here my father sits (with his Rockies rally cap and official Rockies practice jersey donned, Rockies flag flying in the boonies...)... on his laptop, watching this little screen of play-by-play to faithfully cheer on the Colorado Rockies. Because there is basically no possible way to watch them on TV.
Is there ANY place in Miles City... bars etc...that has the MLB package, or capability of watching the Rockies play ball???!!!!!
Thank you...
~ From~ Desperate Rockies Fan in the Boonies...

[This message has been edited by spacekace (edited 4/2/2008).]
supporter
I watch the Rockies on FSN Mountain on DISH. I think the package is like $10.95/ mo extra.
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+889) 14 years ago
We get FSN on Dish...but they black it out because we live in Montana. SUCKY! Any more suggestions???
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 13 years ago
WOW! What a game by Aaron Cook. Rockies FINALLY break the losing streak.
Posted by TALBOT (+257) 13 years ago
Being a die hard Dodger Fan I guess I am in the same boat with you Rockies guys. Let's all admit that the NL West is the worst division in baseball right now......that being said, someone has to win the division. I, of course, hope that it's the Dodgers but we're barley keeping our heads above water. I don't like to admit it but I think it's gonna come down to Arizona and Colorado. Colorado has the hiting and Arizona has the pitching.
So...............What did you think about that no hit Dodger win last Sunday night? Pretty weird huh? Oh well, I'll take the wins anyway I can get 'em.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+140) 13 years ago
We just went and watched 2 games- Rockies v. Mets. They split the games we saw. The field was beautiful and we had great weather. Fantastic weekend.
Posted by Patti Hughes (+80) 13 years ago
Wait til William Dexter Fowler plays for them!! Go Rockies!!!
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1886) 13 years ago
The Rockies are only 6.5 out. In that division, that's nothing.
Posted by TALBOT (+257) 13 years ago
Ahhhh but the Dodgers are comming on strong. Their pitching has gotten a lot better and they are getting enough run support to win.

If the Dodgers stay in this thing you can thank Joe Torre and his staff.
They've done alot with this young team.

Playing 500 ball isn't great but it's enough for first pace in the NL West.
Posted by Patti Hughes (+80) 13 years ago
Sunday July 13th, 2008 Watch the future Rockies Star play on ESPN at 1 pm. His name is William "Dexter" Fowler.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 13 years ago
FYI for anyone interested in free rockies tickets...

http://colorado.rockies.m...survey.jsp

it's an online survey for free tickets. You can choose the game you want to go to, I ended up with 2 tickets for next Tuesdays Giants game. Midfield box!!! Nice seats!!!