March Madness
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 14 years ago
So here is what my bracket looks like...

supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 14 years ago
The Zags are gonna screw you over. I hope Duke does too. I like your 12 seed upset with George Mason though, always have to have one of those.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 3/19/2008).]
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4457) 14 years ago
Lightning striking George Mason again? And no #1's? That's a brave bracket.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 14 years ago
Richard:

Who knows what will happen in this crazy world?

Duke is better than they've been in a while, but I don't see them cutting down the nets...

But I'm just a drunk, degenerate gambler...so who knows?

Oh, and the smart money's on Davidson over Gonzaga...not saying I'm the smart money, just sayin'...

[This message has been edited by Bob L. (edited 3/19/2008).]
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 14 years ago
UCLA will be in familiar territory come April 6th when they hoist the NCAA Mens Trophy for a record 12th time.
Posted by MCGirl (+304) 14 years ago
I've got UCLA as well.
If anyone's interested, we've got a group on espn.com called Miles City, Montana if you'd like to join. Just a little friendly competition!
espn.com, NCAA Men, Tourney Challenge, Create Bracket, Join Group
Posted by mule train (+1049) 14 years ago
Gonzaga is the kiss of death. For a couple of years when they had Morrison, I thought they would go far....NOT! My picks... UCLA vs. UNC in the championship with the Tar Heels pulling out a close one 62-56...on free throws at the end
Posted by Slosh (+695) 14 years ago
I, like a lot of people, have been burned by Gonzaga a lot over the past few years. So before the brackets came out, I talked myself out of picking them. And I really like Davidson.
So of course, I picked Gonzaga. I think I have them going to the Sweet 16.
How do they keep doing this to me?
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1886) 14 years ago
I think it's going to be Memphis vs NC in the final. If so, I hope Memphis wins - I'm sick of Duke and NC. I think the zags might go far, also Notre Dame. I also wouldn't mind seeing UCLA take it. I was pissed that Portland State got a 16 seed...they deserved at least a 12 to 14. They sure kicked the poo out of the Griz a couple of weeks ago (that's not saying an awful lot this year).
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1800) 14 years ago
Dang, Richard...I credit you for posting your bracket after what almost happened to Duke today!
supporter
Richard: You dodged a bullet there! That might actually help Duke in the long run.

I had Duke (-20.5). Crap. Dead money.

Anyway, since I'm in a good mood today, I thought I'd impart some handicapping knowledge to you mouth breathers who fill out brackets.

In the first round, look at location. Gonzaga plays Davidson today at 12:25 EDT in Raleigh, NC. Gonzaga is in Spokane, WA. Davidson is in Charlotte, NC. Gonzaga flies across the country to the game. Davidson drives two hours. The game will be at 9:25 A.M. Spokane time. Advantage: Davidson. Davidson has won 22 straight and has played North Carolina and Duke to close games this year. They have Stephan (Ste-PHON) Curry (Dell's kid). Gonzaga's tough, but the smart money's on Davidson.

Another example - yesterday. USC vs. K-State. Game in Omaha. Same theory. Evenly matched teams, take the one who can drive to the game.
supporter
As a graduate of K-State, I would be ecstatic if they would go all they way.
supporter
As a graduate of K-State, you should thank Coach Huggins for getting Beasley to go to Manhattan. Even though he bailed on you and went to West Va. after only one year.

K-State's gonna have a tough time with Bucky, but they have a shot. I'm on Bucky if Bucky's getting points, even with the game in Omaha. If K-State wins, they've got Georgetown (probably) after that. Tough matchups.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 14 years ago
Gonzaga sucks...they should relocate to Glendive.

Lady Griz looking good.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 14 years ago
According this guy's algorithms Kansas' prospects are good this year.

"Math Major Explains Method to March Madness"
http://www.npr.org/templa...d=88690008
supporter
Math can't account for a guy that looks 12 years old and scores 40 points.
supporter
Math can't account for a guy that looks 12 years old and scores 40 points.

------

It does if the guy's dad was a solid NBA player (which he was).
supporter
I'm not sure about that one. What's MJ's son score per game? Must be about 60.

Almost forgot the obnoxious smiley.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 3/22/2008).]
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1290) 14 years ago
Duke? Richard could you post you're bracketing on the presidential election? Do you show Huckabee as the winner?

[This message has been edited by Chuck Schott (edited 3/22/2008).]
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17668) 14 years ago
hahaha, good one, Chuck!

Nothing makes March better than an early exit by Duke!
supporter
Um, I guess Richard would've had Ron Paul. And, TECHNICALLY, Dr. Paul hasn't been eliminated from contention yet!
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1886) 14 years ago
At least Richard had the kohones to post his bracket. I never filled one out but I'm pretty sure it would have been massacred by now.
supporter
Well, I am 33 for 48 which is probably a C-. Gonzaga and Duke were the worst picks I made. Every year when I don't pick Gonzaga I get burned.
supporter
Davidson, baby. You heard it here first.

Davidson plays Bucky on Friday night - I have no idea who to root for or who will win.
Posted by Slosh (+695) 14 years ago
I'm proud to say, and you can check it on espn.com, I picked Western Kentucky to reach the Sweet 16. I had 12 of the 16 participants and my Elite 8 is still intact. So in other words, I'm going to get slaughtered in the Sweet 16.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1290) 14 years ago
Tracy, my wife drew Western Kentucky and I drew Memphis in our pool, so we both go to the sweet sixteen. However that and five dollars will get us in next year, we need to make the finals to cash in at all. There has been some great games to watch.