Posted by Peggy (+19) 12 years ago
Levi...I am sooo sorry about your dad. Such a tragic accident. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Love,
Peggy Billing
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+886) 12 years ago
My thoughts are with all the Formans. This is a terrible loss of a great man and he will surely be missed.
Posted by Tamara Beardsley-Choat (+3) 12 years ago
My heart goes out to all of the Forman and Brown families. Mark was a wonderful part of our community and contributed so much. He will be missed so much.
Posted by TK (+1626) 12 years ago
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Forman family as well. We are so sorry for your loss.
TJ and Tana Kiel
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3105) 12 years ago
If you look up gentleman in the dictionary there should be a picture of Mark. He was a poet, a philosopher, a rancher and a farmer and he was my friend. Mark never asked for help, if he could do it himself and that was his burden. He didn't mind talking stupid to animals and that made him heroic. Talking to animals is important. He told me once that he still teared up when the new calves started to hit the ground. He was well versed in the science and art of cowology.

Mark always talked about how the adventure Gods shined on me when I would visit him. They were always, more likely than not, misadventures but Mark was to kind to point that out. He said that I made him smile. If I did, what I received was ten fold. I will miss his stoic wisdom, withheld until it was important. I will miss his slight Roy Rogers smile.

Lavonne and kids, Thank you for sharing your father with me and please know that he will be missed. There will always be a smile and a warm place etched indelibly in my heart by the presence of your sweet, loving father, while he walked the earth. After all, He was my friend. I am a fortunate man.
Posted by Casey Strub (+85) 12 years ago
Very well said tucker,he will me missed by all,thoughts and prayers go out to the family very sad loss.
Posted by MollieP (+140) 12 years ago
Although my eyes have welled with tears many times in the past days, they overflowed when I seen the flag flying at half mast where my child goes to school, (also one of the many schools at which Mark kept books for). What a tribute to a man who was so humble he had no idea the lives he touched.

My prayers are with you all.
Mollie
Mollie
I think he did know. That's why he lived his life the way he did.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3716) 12 years ago
Sorry for taking so long to respond, but that was a beautiful post Tucker, and very well appreciated by the whole family. As hard as the last two weeks have been we have been overwhelmed by the response of the community and friends of the family. It really strikes me after living in an impersonal urban setting for the last 13 years, the way these small communities come together and support one another. That's something you just don't see in the big cities. Needless to say there is a huge hole in our lives right now and many tough questions still to answer, but the outpouring of support and love from so many people has really made a huge impact on all of us. For a guy that socialized as little as possible, only left the ranch when he had to, and wasn't known as a big talker, Dad sure had a lot of friends.
He is a great guy. You'd have to be nuts not to like him and love him. I've known him for a long time and I have nothing other than good thoughts and funny memories. He truly is one of the most gracious characters to ever put up with me.

You can bet that he felt ten times the same about you as you did about him. His heart is huge. I always have nothing but respect for him.

You all have been prominent in my thoughts and I'm beaming as much positive energy as I can your way.
founder
Posted by Tamara Beardsley (+27) 11 years ago
For those of you who knew Mark -- and those who didn't as well -- check out http://www.pomesbymark.com for information on the book of his "pomes" that is now available.

You can stop in tonight and get a copy at Riggs or at Unique Creations. Hurry though, there's a waiting list and they are selling fast!