Posted by Brady Stone (+167) 18 years ago
Smart people quote poetry, I quote movies. How about the rest of you got a favorite movie quote??

My Father taught me many things... Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Godfather I
Posted by Anna Rose Hammon (+15) 18 years ago
"What is this...a center for ants? How are kids supposed to learn to read if they can't even fit inside the building?"

--Derek Zoolander, male model (Zoolander)

[This message has been edited by Anna Rose Hammon (edited 6/18/2004).]
Posted by Sarahkt99 (+53) 18 years ago
Brady-
I loved your quote earlier from Bull Durham. I can't remmeber where you wrote it on this web site, but it made my day! Thanks!
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4457) 18 years ago
"Popeye's chicken is procreateing awesome!"
Posted by Angela Setera (+99) 18 years ago
We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

I believe you have my stapler?

WHY DOES IT SAY PAPER JAM WHEN THERE IS NO PAPER JAM? I SWEAR TO GOD, ONE OF THESE DAYS I-I-I JUST KICK THIS PIECE OF POOP OUT THE WINDOW!

We don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day... filling out useless forms... and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements.

It's a "Jump to Conclusions Mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

I could set the building on fire.

Dom Portwood: Hello, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. Uh, did you get that memo?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. The problem is, I just forgot this time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not a problem anymore.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. It's just that we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before now before they go out now. So I'd really appreciate it if you could just remember to do that. from now on. That'd be great.

These are all of course from Office Space...Almost any quote from Office Space could be put on the fav list. Great movie.
Posted by Peggy (+24) 18 years ago
Stupid is as stupid does.

And...Thats all I have to say about that.

Forrest Gump

P.S. Loved the movie Office Space...never forget that red stapler..lol
Thanks Saratk69, Bull Durham has been good to me.

I believe in the Church of Baseball. --Bull Durham

Oh, I'll never leave Montana, brother. --A River Runs Through It.

Methodists are just Baptists who Read.- Norman Maclean.
Posted by AR & AS & LS (+12) 18 years ago
"That big blue wet thing" -Muppet Treasure Island

"No silly, the man who lives inside my finger hired them" - MTI

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!" -Empire Strikes Back
Posted by Dan Siegfried (+63) 18 years ago
"There's no crying in baseball." - A League of Their Own

"PC Load Letter. What the F&*K does that mean?" - Office Space

"If you don't think money can buy happiness, look at the smile on my F*&$#G Face." - Boiler Room

"Is this heaven? No. It's Iowa." - Field of Dreams (personal favorite)
"What do you think about the El Nino phenomenon? It's a blip, Latin Music is on it's way out."

Bridget Jones's Diary
Posted by tracy pask (+81) 18 years ago
I personally like, "Show me the money." from Jerry Mcguire. Because isn't that we all think at some time.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4457) 18 years ago
"There are two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch."

-Nigel Powers
Goldmember
Posted by Anna Rose Hammon (+15) 18 years ago
"Stop rhyming now, I mean it!"
"Does anybody want a peanut?"

"You've been mostly dead all day!"

"...but look, the Cliffs of Insanity"

"But Weasley what about the R.O.U.S es?"
"Rodents of unusual size...I don't think they exsist"

"Bye bye boys, have fun storming the castle.... Do you think it will work?"
"It would take a miracle."

--The Princess Bride (best movie in the world)
Posted by AR & AS & LS (+12) 18 years ago
"Fish are friends, not food."

"Escapae...that's funny, it's spelled just like escape!"

"Oh, you made me ink."

"That is a really big butt."

~Finding Nemo
Posted by Erin Cole (+17) 18 years ago
Spot Colon- "Your Honor, I object!"

Judge- "On what grounds?"

Spot Colon- "On the grounds of Brooklyn, Your Honor!"

From Newsies, truely the best movie ever!
1997-Good Will Hunting
Why wouldn't you want to work for N.S.A.?

Say I am working at the N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a crack at it maybe I break it. And I am real happy with myself,'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel Army in North Africa or the MIDDLE EAST. Once they have the location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding & 1500 people I never met, never had no problem with get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', 'Send in the Marines to secure the area''cause they dont give a poop. It won't be their kids over there, gettin shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie taken shrapnel in the ass. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country that he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job,'cause he'll work for 15 cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddie from Southie realizes that the only reason that he was over there was so we could install a govt. that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at $2.50 a gallon. There takin there sweet time bringin the oil back, of course, maybe they even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to to drink martinis and ------' play slolom with icebrgs, and it ain't to long till he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work, he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is given him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin''cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special that they serve is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what'd I think? I'm holden out for something better. I figure, ---- it. While I am at it, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected PRESIDENT.

[This message has been edited by Brady Stone (edited 7/8/2004).]
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2543) 18 years ago
"This is my BOOM-Stick!"

-- Army of Darkness

Gotta love Bruce Campbell
Posted by Erika Swanson (+2) 18 years ago
I love that Zoolander quote...simply fabulous!
Posted by Lee Akers (+268) 18 years ago
Good morning, Dave.

2001 A Space Oddesy
The President will be a Hero. He brought us peace.-- But there was never a war.-- All the greater accomplishment then.

Wag The Dog- 1997

[This message has been edited by Brady Stone (edited 8/2/2004).]
Posted by Matt Thomas (+6) 18 years ago
"Driving is a serious business, and I ain't having no accidents because of you." -Milner (American Graffiti)

"I'm your Huckleberry." -Doc Holiday (Tombstone)

"Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight." -The Joker (Batman)

and of course....

"You're nothing to me now Fredo, not a brother, not a friend." -Michael Corleone (The Godfather II)
What do you do for recreation? Oh the usual. Bowl, drive around. The accasional acid flashback.

The Big Lewbowski
Posted by Darby (+70) 18 years ago
Harry: I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in town. There is nothing, nada, zip!

Lloyd: Yeah! Unless you want to work forty hours a week.
------------------------------------------------

Lloyd: I'm talkin' about a place where the beer flows like wine, where the women instictively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' about a little place called Aspen.

Harry: I don't know Lloyd, the French are a**holes.
-------------------------------------------------

Lloyd: Hey, look, the Monkees. They were a huge influence on the Beatles.
--------------------------------------------------

Sea Bass' Friend: Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Dumb & Dumber 1994
Posted by Matt Thomas (+6) 18 years ago
"Every man dies, not every man truly lives." - William Wallace (Braveheart).
founder
Posted by Antonia Klein (+38) 18 years ago
"Hasta La Vista. Baby"

Arnold in The Terminator
Posted by rosemary (+60) 17 years ago
just keep swimming swimming swimming
finding nemo
Posted by J Sanborn (+14) 17 years ago
"Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans, traditionally, love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The biggest bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose!

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home -- and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War Two?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled s*** in Louisiana."

Alright now you sons-of-b******, you know how I feel.

Oh, I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere.

That's all."

-Patton, 1970
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+83) 17 years ago
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood....Nobody!"

Ben Stiller in "Dodgeball"

That was hysterical!
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1292) 17 years ago
"I've got a pool and a pond the pond would be good for you." Chevy Chase to Bill Murray in Caddy Shack the best golf movie............ until Happy Gilmore.
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+372) 17 years ago
"You must be a bounty hunter"
"Man's gotta make a livin' somehow"
Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy"

OUTLAW JOSEY WALES

"You just shot an unarmed man!"
"Guess he shoulda' armed himself"

THE UNFORGIVEN
supporter
Posted by [email protected] (+218) 17 years ago
"I think I shall take a shower." Arthur
"Shall I alert the media?" His butler
Posted by Bob Zadow (+82) 17 years ago
"Cuttin' the heads off parkin' meters? Where did ya think that was gonna git ya?" Cap'n (played by Strother Martin) in Cool Hand Luke
Posted by John Wayne (+118) 17 years ago
"How would you like a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray"?

-Bill Paxton in (what the heck was that teen movie called- Weird Science, maybe?)
supporter
Posted by Van (+565) 17 years ago
William Munny: All right now, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife. All his friends. Burn his damn house down.
Unforgiven

Chet was the name of Bill Paxons charcter. "I am gonna butter your muffin." Weird Science
Posted by John Wayne (+118) 17 years ago
"I'm gonna R _ U _ N _ D _ O _ F _ T." 10 or 11 year old driver of a Ford model A who had a Sears catalog strapped to his backside as a booster seat so he could see over the dash and a brick strapped to the sole of his shoe so he could stomp on the gas peddal. Anyone care to guess the movie?
Posted by LaRae (+31) 17 years ago
"I haven't known you for long, but I think there may be something wrong with you."
Ben Affleck/Forces of Nature
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1280) 17 years ago
John Malcovich - "The president's got a rendezvos with death...and so do I....oh, and so do you if you get in my way."

Clint Eastwood - "You got a rendezvos with my ass, motherf***er."

In the Line of Fire
Posted by rosemary (+60) 17 years ago
To infinity and beyond
Buzzlightyear in Toy Story
Posted by LaRae (+31) 17 years ago
"Step into these baby's Hans. Terrifying." Patrick
SpongeBob Scaredy Pants
Posted by Mike (+25) 17 years ago
---Episode where Meatwad gets a car
Frylock "you have fluids leaking from your dash"

Meatwad "That is the soda dispenser"

Frylock "Those are fluids meatwad"

Meatwad "soda is a fluid"

---Episode during Meatwads B-Day party

Meatwad talking to his imaginary friend Boxy whome you can't hear

"Nuh huh, I've seen GI Joes without their pants on, and they aint got that"

---From "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"-Season 3 Cartoon Network Adult Swim
Posted by Peggy (+24) 17 years ago
>>>>>>"I'm gonna R _ U _ N _ D _ O _ F _ T." 10 or 11 year old driver of a Ford model A who had a Sears catalog strapped to his backside as a booster seat so he could see over the dash and a brick strapped to the sole of his shoe so he could stomp on the gas peddal. Anyone care to guess the movie?

O, Brother Where Art Thou!! Great movie
supporter
Posted by Van (+565) 17 years ago
"I don't DO drugs...only weed." Half baked
Posted by Brian (+357) 17 years ago
Some Mamma-Jamma's (paraphrasing, of course) always trying to iceskate uphill--Blade 1
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5103) 17 years ago
Jules: You ever read the Bible, Brett?

Brett: Yes.

Jules: There's a passage I got memorized, seems appropriate for this situation: Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and
good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Pulp Fiction
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5103) 17 years ago
"Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Guess I might as well join the bleeping Peace Corps."

John Belushi
"Animal House"
Posted by Scott (+251) 17 years ago
"Abort the fetal position!"
Without a Paddle
Posted by Bucky 2 Fingers (+35) 17 years ago
" Dang thats tastey"
Gus McRae
Lonesome Dove

[This message has been edited by Bucky 2 Fingers (edited 3/6/2005).]
Posted by Tom Rhoades (+35) 17 years ago
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

(Jack Burton)Big Trouble in Little China

[This message has been edited by Tom Rhoades (edited 3/7/2005).]
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+442) 17 years ago
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."
Animal House.
Posted by Jessica (+23) 17 years ago
Alyssa: Why are we stopping?
Holden: Because I can't take this.
Alyssa: Can't take what?
Holden: I love you.
Alyssa: You love me?
Holden: I love you. And not, not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I'm sure that's what you'll call it. I love you. Very, very simple, very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being. And I know that you think of me as just a friend, and crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you would ever consider. But I had to say it. I just, I can't take this anymore. I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't, I can't look into your eyes without feeling that, that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are. And I know this will probably queer our friendship - no pun intended - but I had to say it, because I've never felt this way before, and I don't care. I like who I am because of it. And if bringing this to light means we can't hang out anymore, then that hurts me. But God, I just, I couldn't allow another day to go by without just getting it out there, regardless of the outcome, which by the look on your face is to be the inevitable shoot-down. And, you know, I'll accept that. But I know...I know that some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there is a moment of hesitation, then that means you feel something too. All I ask, please, is that you just, you just not dismiss that - and try to dwell in it for just ten seconds. Alyssa, there isn't another soul on this f***ing planet who has ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau. Because it is there between you and me. You can't deny that. Even if, you know, even if we never talk again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me, which - while I do appreciate it - I'd never need a painting of birds bought at a diner to remind me of.

-Chasing Amy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aaah.... confessing your love to a lesbian. Gotta love it!