TV Commercials
Posted by Angela Setera (+97) 18 years ago
Ya know...I don't even watch that much TV anymore, but when I do watch television some ads in particular stand out. Some of my personal favorites are the Identity theft commercials. Granted, I haven't seen a new one for a couple months, but the ones I have seen make me laugh almost every time. "Simple minds, simple pleasures" I guess. I also like the one where the people have to call someone to tell them whether something is funny or not.

What about the rest of ya'll? Got any favorites? or Least Favorites?
Posted by Anna Rose Hammon (+14) 18 years ago
Angela~ Since you got me addicted to reading your entries, I thought I would actually reply for a change. I also love the identity theft commercials. My favorite one is the "lifts and seperates" one. My mom came down the other day to see what was wrong with me, I was laughing so hard. But don't you think that it is ironic that we think people losing their indentities is so hilarious? I probably wouldn't be laughing if it happened to me
Anna Rose
Posted by Erin Cole (+15) 18 years ago
The leather bustier one? Yeah, that's great. I also am a fan of the Geico gecko commercials. Maybe it's the accent.

But I was horrified when I went to see "Troy" at a movie theater in Great Falls, and there was 15 minutes worth of bad car and body splash commercials before the movie!! Commercials belong on the small screen, not the big one.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 18 years ago
My favorite current commercial is the one where Ben Stein is telling us how Republicans will use tax cuts to build factories to create more jobs, when in a little box in the corner Al Franken appears and says "Yachts. They're going to spend them on yachts. Yachts for their trophy wives."

I bet that one's Rick K.'s and Robert J.'s favorite ad, too.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 18 years ago
That's actually them discussing what Republican's would look up using the Yahoo search engine. I agree though, it is rather hilarious. Ben Stein and Al Franken are both the win with me
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 18 years ago
Actually I like any ad where Al Franken shows his face and affiliates it with the Democratic Party.

I mean the guy's greatest accomplishment was Stuart Smalley, and even that was a cheap knockoff of your average registered Democrat.
Posted by Anna Rose Hammon (+14) 18 years ago
Erin- I completely agree. You don't pay $6-$8 to watch pointless commercials at the movie theatre. Have you ever seen the ones at the Billing's theatre? yuck.... At least at the MC theatre they show movie trivia along with the commercials-it kind of breaks up the monotony.

[This message has been edited by Anna Rose Hammon (edited 6/18/2004).]
Posted by tracy pask (+80) 18 years ago
I don't know if it is for beef or for Heinz 57 sauce commercial, anyway the one were the husband reaches for the meat or sauce on her plate and she jabs the fork in his shirt sleeve and he can't move. I know we have all felt like doing that before, right.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 18 years ago
Another great commercial was the one 3-4 years ago where the cowboys were herding and wrangling cats. Its too bad that the dot.com who placed that ad in the Superbowl went belly-up - I howled everytime I saw it.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 18 years ago
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Lending Tree ad. This is the one I've heard the most comments about . To refresh your memory . . . the man who is bragging about all the things he has and finally says, "And how do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eye balls."