Belly Dancing at MCC
Posted by Beth Oswald (+277) 13 years ago
Fitness Classes in Belly Dancing at Miles Community College

The Miles Community College Center for Distance Education and Community Outreach (DECO) is now accepting registrations for classes in beginning and advanced belly dancing. All classes will be held in Room 101 with Samar Devies as class instructor.
"Fitness of Belly Dance" will be held in February and March in two sessions. Session I will be held on Monday evenings, February 4 - March 10 from 6:00-7:30 p.m, Session 2 will be held on Wednesdays, February 6 - March 12 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. This class is for beginners in belly dancing.
"Advanced Beginning Belly Dance" will be held on Fridays, February 8 - March 21 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. This class is for those that have taken belly dancing previously and would like to expand their experience and fitness level.
Dancing provides good cardio-vascular workouts and helps increase both flexibility and strength, focusing on the torso or "core muscles" and building leg strength. Learn basic moves and techniques including; hip moves, isolating rib cage, shoulders, arms and stomach muscles. Participants will need to wear non-restrictive clothing. Class cost is $45

To register, please call 874-6164 or 1-800-541-9281, Extension 6164 or come to the DECO Office, 2715 Dickinson, Miles City.
founder
supporter
Posted by Jack McRae (+354) 13 years ago
While my feet are dancing the waltz my belly is dancing the polka. Should I sign up for beginners or advanced? Thank you.
Posted by Beth Oswald (+277) 13 years ago
You would be more than welcome in either Jack! This is by far my most popular class (believe it or not)Tell Kristin I said hi!
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9781) 13 years ago
Jack, if you take the class could you ask Eric to shoot some video and post it so we can all share in the experience?

;-)
founder
Posted by Pete Petro (+287) 13 years ago
Can I join? I've got the belly for it. It dances every time I move.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14821) 13 years ago
Pete: I don't think that is what she had in mind.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+440) 13 years ago
Glad you all could restore my faith in MilesCity.com.

When this first appeared I was hoping that the legions would not let it drop off the board.
Posted by Mary McClarty (+75) 10 years ago
SO, Beth, after I read the Hypnotherapy class post, I couldn't help going back in time and having a good laugh about this thread. Maybe you should bring back the class?