An angel appeared in Miles City
Posted by Cheryl Gaer-Barlow (+480) 14 years ago
An angel appeared to me, touched me on the forehead, and spoke to me when I was a child in Miles City. I was told to write a book of their words. I have since, received the words, written a book, (which is selling well,) called "Actual Angelic Transcriptions". It is available through Amazon or through Walmart, Target, or any bookstore. Please view my new blog at "Actual Angelic Transcriptions.com. "It is a thought-provoking and quite controversial spiritual book. If any of you in the Miles City area have read my book, I would be happy to receive comments about it.
Posted by Kacey (+3153) 14 years ago
After reading your description of your book would I be right in assuming it changed how you believe? How long did it take you to write the book?
Posted by MattSmith (+52) 14 years ago
Was this during the Bucking Horse Sale? :}
Your website seems to be nonexistent.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 14 years ago
Kacey, 1st Question: Absolutely! Prior to receiving these words, (for instance) I believed there was no hell. Rather, that I was so highly evolved, hell did not exist in my level of consciousness. The angels spoke about hell in a way that shocked and surprised me. This is publicly no well received, but I'll pass it on.
"It is a magnificent place full of gods of darkness. It is not a fiery place to be in agony, but a place of more beauty than Earth. It is a place of the most morbid followers. All desires are given in hell. These are desires of a lowly soul. Men of ignorance and evilness would desire to acquire these mentions. Hell is not a place of joy. It is a place of opulance and satisfying one's own desires. This is a most regretableway to follow."
They say more. Read the book. I don't wish to offend anyone's beliefs, but I stand behind every single word in this book. They speak of fiery subjects, as adultry, abortion, war, death, not from our mortal viewpoint, but from a heavenly truth.
2nd question: The book took 2 years to transcribe. I would describe it as between thought and words, CLEARLY distinguishable from my own thought. Thanks for your interest.
Cute! I like your humor! I didn't see any angels there, but my husband said there were a lot of earthly, pretty cowgirl angels!
but seriously Matt, This is for real!
Posted by Frank-n-Beans (+38) 14 years ago
One time a jar of pickles spoke to me.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 14 years ago
So let me get this straight. You were approached by an Angel of the Lord who touched you on your forehead and blessed you with stories from their point of view on various things. You were then so inspired by this holy miracle that you transcribed these stories and are allowing people to purchase them from you for the low-low price of $20.99?

If I call now do I get a free spatula set?

I can see it now! Moses comes down off the mountain and declares to the masses below "BEHOLD MY PEOPLE! FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! GIANT FOAM COMMANDMENT REPLICAS GIVEN TO ME BY THE LORD ALMIGHTY!!! GET YOURS TODAY FOR THE AMAZING PRICE OF 1 OXEN AND 3 FATTED LAMBS!"

[This message has been edited by J. Dyba (edited 12/22/2007).]
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 14 years ago
One word: ginsu
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 14 years ago
I'm with you Mr. Dyba,
If the this message from God is so important, why charge?
Even Joseph Smith provided his word for free. Though the Pepsi is not.
Posted by LG (+201) 14 years ago
It's Coke Buck. But good point.
Thank you all for your wonderful responses! Have a very merry Christmas!
[This message has been edited by Cheryl Gaer-Barlow (edited 12/23/2007).]
supporter
Wow, sure skirting the subject. I suppose this is the persecution that every religious person predicts.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 12/23/2007).]
Buck, I'm not religious. Why do they charge for the Holy Bible in bookstores?
Because they want to make money. It's called ec-o-nom-ics.
Cheryl,I wasn't there. The skeptics weren't there. It's your life and your choice. Sad that others feel the need to tear people down to make themselves feel better. Merry Christmas to you too.
supporter
Hmm, I don't think I'm tearing her down. I think you can get a million free bibles - if you want a really fancy one, maybe it costs money. You want to share a powerful message from God, but you're not a religious person?

I'd think God would find someone who doesn't feel like making up a buck off his message.
Posted by BLT (+86) 14 years ago
You are just a huckster selling crap, Angel my ass, just the devil.
Posted by Eric Brandt (+850) 14 years ago
In all honesty - is this really necessary.

While I am very convicted of my beliefs, I am wholly unqualified to discount what someone else claims was a "real experience". I will debate philosophy and evidence all day - but this is not a topic where that can be done.

I wasn't there. I didn't experience it. That person is either trying to sell books, or is genuinely sharing her experience with the rest of us.

I would feel differently about someone telling me about an experience her friend told her about something that happened to someone nobody knows. But she was very clear that this was HER experience.

Whether authored, real or imagined - it is not for us to ostracize her for her post. I think she deserved a better welcome to milescity.com than that.

Merry Christmas Cheryl.
You could probably get Eric to sell it from his website and he could get a cut of the profi...er goodwill.
Great idea J!

I will extend the same offer to Cheryl as I did Amorette and the Chamber - I will take $1 per transaction to cover my credit card processing fees.

It would be listed under "Miles City Merchandise" with all the others. Let me know if you want to do this Cheryl.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17668) 14 years ago
I know that Miles City is not represented by the few pathetic haters who feel compelled to try to destroy everything positive that is right and good in this world, Cheryl....in the words of another great prophet, those blasphemers do not live where eagles fly.
I knew by publishing this book, I would probably be the object of ridule, but when a heavenly angel appears before you and mentions you are to fulfill a specific act, can you refuse?
There is no doubt in my mind, these words are from the angels and are the absolute truth! The feelings surounding me during the writings were immense! I attest the sighting was a valid experience. If I stand alone in the conviction, so be it.
I will continue to post the words of the angels on my new blog, www.http://angelictranscriptions.com. Thank you, Kacey, Gunnar and Eric, for your kindness. Gunnar, I am not a prophet, only a scribe. I'm a quite ordinary person who has had an extraordinary experience. Thank you all for your colorful comments.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2107) 14 years ago
Good weed in MC these days
So what of the profit aspect? You didn't mention why you felt that you needed to charge people for this information.
You know what? Frank, I loved the pickle jar joke, though you do seem obsessed with food!
I'm ending my comments on this blog. It's neither positive nor constructive.
Those of you open to the spiritual will seek out the truth.
My hope for all of you in the New Year is:
May the angels surround you and give you solace. May your words and actions be worthy of God's viewing. May you cultivate love and grow spiritually in your own way and your own time.
Merry Christmas, thank you and good bye.
supporter
And then the angel spoke.

"Spread my message near and far... for $20.99."

This must be one of those trickster angels, like Coyote from the Native Americans.
Buck,
I am sorry for you if all you have to do with your life is be mean and nasty to others. It is the season for kindness.
supporter
Kindness and giving - of $20.99 - sayeth the angel
supporter
Posted by Van (+563) 14 years ago
Buck, this reminds me of the Roller-skating comments, where you accused me of running roller skaters out of town. Be nice to capitalists.
You guys get all upset because you think we are being negative but I for one am digusted that someone would take advantage of the Holiday spirit to try and peddle their wares to the naive.

You "HONESTLY" think that God, in his infinite wisdom, would send his angels to a person who was going to turn around and sell their stories for $20.99?

Remember the guy who used to travel around and occasionally stopped in Miles City and gave "sermons" in a friggin tent of all things and would heal people with the Holy Spirit? He finally got banned from town or something like that.

This fraudulency (my opinion) is in the same vein. Call me negative all you want but I can't stand to see people take advantage of others, especially at this time of year.
supporter
Man, that must have been a long time ago, but skateboarding is till a crime.

And I'm with you J.
J,
Do you honestly think god gives a S H I T? I guess he wouldn't have to what with his wonderful legion of christian soldiers here on MC.com. Give the lady a friggin break.
If people want to believe what she says, then bully to them. You don't need to police people's spending habits, especially this time of year.

I know you delight in being a mean-spirited jerk, as I've read several of your previous posts, but lay off.
Delight? I shared my opinion that I feel it's disgusting to take advantage of the Christmas spirit to try and sell some books. If you feel that is appropriate then to each their own.

Look at it this way.. Imagine it was you. Seriously think about it for a minute and try to honestly imagine that you're sitting in your house when an Angel appears to you. In your heart of hearts you truly believe that what you are witnessing is a real angel. I can't begin to think how that could affect you emotionally and spiritually but I can say for 100% certainty that the LAST thing in the world I would be coming up with is a way to make money off of that experience.

The thought that someone is either:
a) Truly so morally devoid that they would have what they believe to be a real life experience with Angels and then tried to figure out a way to profit from it.

or

b) Someone who is willfully taking advantage of people's religious and holiday emotions to fraud them out of money.

This would be an ENTRIELY different situation if she just had a blog about the experience or some other way to spread the word and share these stories without someone having to pay her money. I wouldn't have made a peep. This though, this is (I said it before but I'll say it again in case you missed it) in my opinion despicable in my eyes.

I'm not even debating whether her experience was real. I am simply stating it is sad to see that being turned for a buck. If your fine with that then I don't think you should be throwing stones at me as a little self-evaulation might be in order.

[This message has been edited by J. Dyba (edited 12/25/2007).]
supporter
Just read about one of those huge "mega churches" that spent over a million bucks on their own Christmas program. I find that totally disgusting as think of how many families they could have helped with that. Talk about hypocritical. WOW. By the way, it was a fundamentalist church. Why am I not surprised.

Churches meet to condemn Greed
http://www.theaustralian....02,00.html

[This message has been edited by howdy (edited 12/25/2007).]
Posted by Smiley (+853) 14 years ago
OMG that is sooo funny My fiance and I laughed at the Bucking Horse Sale comment. I love your town.
As the author, before this ends, hopefully; I'd like to say your impression of me is wrong. The angelic manifestation was a meaningful, genuine experience. Book royalties are not an important consideration. The book was foretold to be written, and began as an interference of my life. I soon realized being given these words was a great honor. All spiritual books and magazines have printing and distribution costs, and I am posting the words of the angels on my blog. In this delicate age of great need, it's important these words be given as much exposure as possible. Please refrain from disparaging remarks on my character.
supporter
If you provide me with the text I will post it in its entirety online for free for all to view and experience. This will allow you to spread this story as you indicate is your intent without any cost to yourself.

I can guarantee a much wider proliferation then that which a hardback book can provide.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[This message has been edited by J. Dyba (edited 1/3/2008).]
Posted by MT MAN (+26) 14 years ago
Checkmate
I suppose the publisher now has some rights to the material, and she cannot freely distribute the angelic jibber-jabber.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1650) 14 years ago
Well, I am going to be sure to buy a few copies just because you are being so nasty to her. You're just mad because the angel skipped right over you. Maybe it's because of your attitude?

Cheers!
FH
supporter
Is the angel done manifesting?
I'm sure it is, but the jerk ratio is never ending. I'm sure that the publisher owns most, if not all the rights to the book.

J,
How many copies of the bible are free on the net? And when are you gonna start providing those for free? I mean, if you're offering the service, maybe you should provide free bibles to those who ask.

[This message has been edited by LG (edited 1/3/2008).]
Posted by Wilbur Cain (+156) 14 years ago
I have become curious as to where you were in Miles City Cheryl when the angel appeared to you. I agree with Frank that the Miles.com masses are feeling overlooked by the angel and have become defensive. I feel you are extremely sincere in your desire to spread the word of your experience. Masses....are you not aware of the many many all religious book stores in urban areas? The materials in these shops come with high price tags to be enlightened. Religous authors must also eat and pay bills. Please Cheryl describe the location of your experience. During my next journey to MC, I would like to go to the same place and may there be a chance I can be so lucky.
The offer stands. I'm not in the slightest bit being sarcastic.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2107) 14 years ago
In my younger days in MC I had a lot of visions...errr hallucinations. ????
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17668) 14 years ago
You non-believers are pathetic. <channeling the voice of the Martian Leader in Plan 9 From Outer Space>"Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic." Don't you have anything better to do than question the words of One Who Hears Angels?

It doesn't affect you, or hurt you, in any which way. Its not like Cheryl is stating that the Angel Gabriel says vote Huckabee, or the Angel Moroni says vote Romney.

Cheryl, I am sorry you have received such a poor reaction at your hometown's website. Be assured, the yahoos who post here represent only a smattering of the population (i.e., those who have computers, those who have learned to log on, and those who type with their toes). I am quite sure the rest of Miles City is prepared to hear your inspirational message.

Speaking of that, is your book available at Wal-Mart or Miles City Books and News?
"How many copies of the bible are free..."

Let me answer that question for you LG. The number is exactly ZERO. Just like in the other thread, ZERO = ZERO. Not one single solitary fraction of any part of any bible is free.

Even online bibles are not free. Posting on MilesCity.com is not even free. I'm sure it costs several thousand dollars per year.

"Because they want to make money. It's called ec-o-nom-ics." - dyba
OK, so despite your disparaging remarks, which experience tells me you will likely dismiss as a "good natured rubbing" - you admit that you understand the concept of money.

SOMEONE had to pay for it.

I don't know Cheryl, maybe she IS a billionaire trying to make more money. But maybe she invested all of her life savings into a project she truly believed in.

Regardless, writing books and publishing books is NOT a free process. Writing a blog is NOT a free process either. At a minimum, the author has invested many many hours of time, thought, contemplation, research ...

You're just "ASS-UM-ING" (emphasis on the syllable which relates to a large posterior) that she is MAKING money off the project. What if she is just trying to pay back a huge bank loan to cover the cost of production?

(You) pay your religious leaders for their "great message" every time they pass the plate. Why wouldn't they give that up for free? I'll tell you why - toilet paper and porridge. Everyone needs to eat, and then there's the obvious byproduct... Taking care of either of those requires "E-CO-NOM-ICS" as you so eloquently put it.

"I shared my opinion that I feel it's disgusting to take advantage of the..." dyba

No you didn't. You flat out defamed her character and accused her publicly of being a shiester. It was CLEARLY an accusation and NOT your opinion.

For example:
"but I for one am digusted that someone would take advantage of the Holiday spirit to try and peddle their wares to the naive." dyba

How do you KNOW she is a scam? You don't. You can't. Just like you can't know half the BS you disseminate like sage experienced wisdom. Maybe she is, maybe he isn't - neither you nor I can EVER know that. In MY Opinion - You're the crackpot scam here - not her.

"I'm not in the slightest bit being sarcastic." dyba

[Watch this, I learned this trick from dyba.]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(notice your face changing color and temperature as your blood pressure increases and your anger rises from me laughing in your face. It might even feel like someone just slapped you with an open fist as though to remind one of their subservient role in society. I want you to remember how awful it makes you feel, because that is the response you cause in others when you do it to them)

"Do you honestly believe in your heart of hearts..." that comments like this one are not sarcastic? Caustic even I would say! Re-read your trash and ask yourself this question again.

I would warn you that this person has CLEARLY told you she interpreted your remarks as disparaging and that she wanted you to stop. From other posts, it should be OBVIOUS to someone as clearly superior to everyone else, that she is not "the only one" who "misunderstands" you. I think MOST people would find your comments offensive.

Your attorney would likely whisper in your ear at this moment and tell you to quietly shrink away before you make it worse for yourself.

Naturally, I would recommend you REJECT that advise and DO actually make it worse. Mostly because I actually and truly DO delight in your defaming remarks and would find your comments MOST entertaining...
You need a longer fuse. I suggest a walk along the river, maybe take a couple of deep breathes. Don't forget your mittens as it's chilly this time of year.

Be one with your Zen Eric!

Oh and my one good deed for the day, a little free education for you! Aren't I swell.

http://www.nolo.com/defin...2E716A6D52

Stay tuned next week where we will cover precedent, loss and jurisdictions!

Also, since I know Larry doesn't need the headache you might provide him in the form of emails or encouragement to the original poster let me further enlighten you on some things.

1. Minnesota has an anti-SLAPP statute.
2. I clearly stated several times I was expressing my opinion, thereby exercising my rights under the 1st ammendment.

Have a very pleasant morning/afternoon/evening.

supporter
You can really score free bibles - maybe you should rock it like people that give out free bibles - and absorb the cost so you can spread the word. I love those guys, seriously - the old guys with the bibles. I think those guys just get jobs and then buy the bibles and hand 'em out once in a while. Maybe it's possible to
hand out little pamphlets for J.'s site and then posting stuff, like daily - even if the angel isn't revalating now, or whatever an angel does - post the stuff from the book a little at a time - then get some ad-space or ask for PayPal donations. Donations are probably tax free, who knows - people do that though, and why not?

P.S. The problem with us - the posters on this board - I think a lot of us have some free time - a lot - and we enjoy a good discussion - I wish it would have gone more into a deeper religious discussion - I don't know, maybe we can talk about food and taxes - I don't know why Gunnar is on a high horse for the angels, maybe he saw them too - but I don't think Dyba slandered anyone - it's more the concept - we're cynics - that sort of thing makes us really cynical and we like to state our opinions - and I think I share the opinion that the money involved in any religious activity is suspect.

Then, if it were slander - wouldn't she have to prove she's not what he says - and it's all really based on something she may not be able to disprove - is she trying to make money based on something that didn't happen? Seems like it would be hard to prove that it did.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 14 years ago
I'm not a lawyer, however, slander is verbal, and libel is published... and, IMO, both have very high bars to be met in any legal venue.

For example, if I believe, and have some reasonable basis for the belief that you stole my bike, and express that you did it, I could likely never be found liable for slander or libel (even assuming I'm incorrect) should it sully your reputation... as it was not a malicious act.

If on the other hand, I know you didn't steal my bike, and I stated to others you did, then that is another matter entirely. That is what the defamation laws are about... intentionally stating an incorrect fact for the purpose of harming another party. However, IMO, even so, it is frequently very difficult, if not impossible, to prove if something expressed was intentionally incorrect or malicious. Unfortunately (or not in some cases) that's the way the courts work.

Another matter is of opinion, which itself is neither slander nor libel. Opinion is protected as free speech under the Constitution.

I can say for example, "In my opinion, Mr. Smith, you are a wife beater."

There is no legal action against such expression. It is protected speech. While Mr. Smith may take objection to my statement, and while anyone can sue anyone for anything, he would make no headway in such an endeavor.

If you really want to protect yourself when stating something, then simply point out that it is your opinion. In most cases, though, I think most posts are obviously so, even without such a statement.

My 2 cents... so take it for what it is worth.

Regards, Larry
MilesCity.com Webmaster
supporter
Posted by Joe Yates (+600) 14 years ago
It has been brought up in this thread about either Joseph Smith and/or the Book of Mormon. Book of Mormon(s) ARE free. You can go on-line at LDS.org or Mormon.org and get your FREE copy. Or call me at 853-2783 and I will get you a FREE copy. I will even get you a FREE King James edition Bible.
Ahhh, nice! , I knew you could not hold back Josh.

I put you in checkmate, and while I was in the loo, you put the pieces back on the board and tried to make another move.

You made my day by proving my point. Thank you.

Interesting introduction of the anti-SLAPP legislation BTW. I would wonder how this legislation relates to this thread - in whole or in part. As far as I can tell, not at all.

I will naturally assume, based on the responses, that you indeed experienced the very physiological changes I described, or some similar reaction. Now, in this case, I expressly desired that response, and very carefully planned it. Isn't it fun? Well, I thought so.

In your case, you might not have understood the power of your words on people. My hope is that you will now understand how your words must have affected Cheryl.

Re-read Josh's posts; particularly, those which I copied. These were NOT stated as his opinion. He in fact, flat-out, told everyone that she was actually taking advantage of people. If this was not your intention, Josh, then modification of your language would help everyone understand your thoughts in the future.

The response you get back from people IS WHAT YOU COMMUNICATED. Regardless of what you wanted people to understand, they understood exactly what they did and made some response. The burden of communication is on the TRANSMITTER (you), not the RECEIVER (Cheryl). If your response back does not match your intentions, then recalibrate and transmit differently next time.

Calibrate that response and modify your language. From the responses you have received, it is my observation that you either A) Don't actually understand your remarks as being hurtful, or B) actually intended to cause hurt.

Hiding behind your "first amendment right" by stating (long) afterwards that it was "clearly" your opinion (which it was clearly NOT) is just like putting your queen back in play while your opponent is in the loo. In other words, it's cheating.

------------------------------

Regarding FREE bibles:

Again, there are NO FREE ANYTHING. SOMEONE made the investment. SOMEONE bought the paper, SOMEONE bought the ink, SOMEONE bought the labor. Even the guy that goes door to door and hands them out IS being paid - even if it's from his own savings. No one gets to stop eating - so no one gets to buy any time for free.

So while I clearly understand that some people are willing and able to DONATE their materials, the point was that not everyone can.

Since I don't know Cheryl, I don't know her true intentions. Unlike J, I'm certainly not going to stand up in public and PRETEND to know her internal thoughts. To do so would certainly make me look foolish, wouldn't it?

---------------------

So Josh, I've reset all the pieces, now we can start a NEW game. I have the first move. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

FIN
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+439) 14 years ago
Bible Salesman - John Goodman - Oh Brother Where Art Thou - One of my favorite all time movies.

Only bible salesman I was ever aware of - although he did have some faults. That is if you don't agree with the views of the KKK. My kids still get up and dance when they hear, "Man of Constant Sorrow"

Just my attempt to stop this thread from becoming another dreadful p'n match.
Either your short term memory or your reading comprehension is shot, it is pretty obvious as soon as I start making determining statements they were qualified with an expression of opinion. I'll let you re-read and discover that on your own. Either way your slowly digging yourself into a one man e-peen contest of which you would never emerge.

Seriously? Checkmate.. ? Your a SNL skit writing itself for all of MC.com to see. Your grasp of how the Internet works in context to the judicial system is lacking and obviously apparent to anyone with a real education on the topic.

You're an internet cliche regurgitating the same ridiculous arguments I, and probably a few others here, have seen on so many other message boards.

Rest comfortably in your cell of glass and assume you are somehow directing the responses of the people you are annoying. You've been set in your place by both myself and the Webmaster now. What more do you need to realize your barking up an empty tree?
Posted by Russell Bonine (+240) 14 years ago
Putting the best construction on the slander discussion, maybe Eric had in mind Sharia Law??

http://www.pajamasmedia.c...ies_i.php

Quote from Article:

Under sharia, by contrast, libel constitutes any oral or written remark offensive to a complainant, regardless of its accuracy or intent. Slander "means to mention anything concerning a person that he would dislike, whether about his body, religion, everyday life, self, disposition, property, son, father, wife, servant, turban, garment, gait, movements, smiling, dissoluteness, frowning, cheerfulness, or anything else connected with him," according to Ahmad Ibn Lulu Ibn Al-Naqib (d. 1368). 1

1 Ahmad Ibn Lulu Ibn Al-Naqib (d. 1368), Reliance of the Traveller: The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law Umdat, translated by Nuh Ha Mim Keller, 1991 and 1994, Amana Publications (revised ed., 1994), p. 730.
Oh. I'd love to see that jurisdiction filing!
Webmaster: I have no desire for litigation. Some comments are quite witty and humorous. However, I do not wish to perpetuate these postings.
Only popped in to mention I've sent a copy of the book to the Miles City Library. Thanks.
supporter
Freedom - not free.

Bibles/Books of Mormon - not free, no matter how free they are.

Eric's gallop through the field of righteousness - apparently not free. (I'd say priceless, but that's way too cliche.)
Posted by Kuhlmeyer (+10) 14 years ago
If the words in this thread represent what you can read for free, I think I'll pop down the twenty and change for the angel speak, thanks.

No wonder this site has so few posters. You people are nasty.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+439) 14 years ago
Wish I was smart enough to do one of those applause emoticons.

Kuhlmeyer, please note my applause - albeit not colorful or cool looking.
But is the angel talker going to take Dyba up on his offer or not? If she does, I'd say that us heathens have nothing else to yap about. If she doesn't, then clearly it's not about spreading the word of god, or angels, or martains, or whatever. If she'd just admit its all about money, that'd be the end of it also. I don't understand why she won't commit one way or the other. Unless shes trying to make a dollar off a lie.
supporter
Sorry Kuhlmeyer - it's not free. Nothing is - because Larry used his time and effort and money to host this site - so we must never consider it free. I also used my time and so did Eric - so don't enjoy this without thinking of the blood, sweat, and tears that go along with eeeeverything in life.
founder
Posted by Pete Petro (+287) 14 years ago
So much for the hiatus Larry put this website on a week or so ago. Looks like nobody learned anything.
supporter
I'm opposed to learning.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11902) 14 years ago
I just worry that if a person starts experiencing visual and/or auditory hallucinations, that may the sign of a brain tumor or other serious health issue. It would be nice to believe you are special enough to get angelic visitors but I'd also see if you are ordinary enough to have a major health problem that needs attention.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 14 years ago
This server, the one which runs MilesCity.com, is physically located in Virginia, and it is leased by myself, a resident of the State of Washington.

Should a visitor from Montana enter into a debate with another visitor here, let's say one from California, and one claims "defamation" against the other... explain to me which court has jurisdiction over the issue? We now have 4 states involved. To complicate matters even further, instead of California, how about the visitor is from Germany? Now which court has jurisdiction? In that case we have 3 states and 2 countries.

The fact of the matter is, that there are no federal or international laws to adequately address this.

I would prefer that all of the petty little "defamation" stuff be put to an end. It is unbecoming of grown adults. Learn to debate issues without resorting to such nonsense, or don't post at all. Please.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 14 years ago
Big Dave,

I'll loan you my angel emoticon - I guess I can't give to you as I hear that nothing is free

Just add the image tags to this link and it's yours to borrow anytime you need it.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/Neander97/emoticons/angel.jpg
supporter

[This message has been edited by howdy (edited 1/4/2008).]
J said,
'So let me get this straight. You were approached by an Angel of the Lord who touched you on your forehead and blessed you with stories from their point of view on various things. You were then so inspired by this holy miracle that you transcribed these stories and are allowing people to purchase them from you for the low-low price of $20.99?

If I call now do I get a free spatula set?

I can see it now! Moses comes down off the mountain and declares to the masses below "BEHOLD MY PEOPLE! FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! GIANT FOAM COMMANDMENT REPLICAS GIVEN TO ME BY THE LORD ALMIGHTY!!! GET YOURS TODAY FOR THE AMAZING PRICE OF 1 OXEN AND 3 FATTED LAMBS!"'

Where is the 'in my opinion' there J? I think that was just you making someone feel like dirt. That is your first post on this thread. Do I need to repost more of your tripe?
supporter
You guys are all what Dr Phil calls "right fighters" in that you have to be right and will fight until you prove it. The problem is that you will never prove it, so why don't you all agree to disagree and let it go. Personal attacks just don't work and look awful, in my humble opinion.
Hi! The author here: I may stop responding, but, I'm thoroughly enjoying your posts! Please keep writing them. When I get enough reponses, I'm going to compile them into a book, publish it and sell it for $20.99! Think about that!
Posted by Tina Bean (+421) 14 years ago
LMAO!!!!!! good one!:P
Posted by Wilbur Cain (+156) 14 years ago
I want to know where you talked to the angel. Triangle Park? VA Hospital? Fort Keogh? Airport Hill? Your parents living room? 600 Cafe? Where did this happen? Everyone is missing the point. Miles City is the new Holy Land. We can commission an angel statue in the spot. If you won't say Cheryl, will you give clues like a treasure hunt????
supporter
Clues would be awesome!
supporter
Ooh, ooh - Scavenger hunt - post the first clue on Google Earth - then we'll send someone there and he can post the next stop on Google Earth - and then we can do it again!
You're absolutely right Howdy. I really do have better things to do than bang my head against a brick wall. I just don't like people being bullied or abused to feed someone's ego. I get too wound up in something that is unresolvable.

It's hard to accept, but people are going to be mean for no reason, and that's no reason for me to be a jerk too.

Thank you, you've given me much food for thought.
Posted by Chris Peterson (+166) 14 years ago
C'mon Chipmunk Ninja! Jump in here any time.