Seattle penthouse apartment.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17887) 3 months ago
I had family in town over Memorial Day weekend and one of the things we did was visit the Smith Tower observation deck.

The apartment in the pyramid top of Smith Tower was for rent in February of 2021 -- for the bargain price of $17,000 / month.

Here's a promotional video that's pretty cool.

permalink   ·  vote tally
+6
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17932) 3 months ago
Connors should rent that, and use it to house his old Miles City cronies when they visit Seattle.
+2
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+1190) 3 months ago
As a kid, I remember walking into the Smith Tower with a couple of my buddies, riding the elevator with a uniformed operator, and going up to the observation area where we could see "everywhere" through those windows. There was no charge and nobody there but us.

The Smith Tower was a source of civic pride for the natives, the tallest building west of the Mississippi when it opened in 1914. Lyman Smith sold Corona typewriters, calculators, and shotguns, including my own L. C. Smith 12 gauge double.
+3
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+15279) 3 months ago
Looks like a good place to hook up with Shakira.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17887) 3 months ago
Reply to Dick Ellingson (#383435)
It costs around $19/person to go up there now and we weren't able to get any seating in the bar at the time we went (there was a private event that evening that was taking up some of the limited bar space).

The live elevator operators are no more. The elevators are now automated like most modern elevators.

+2