Montana Legislature 2021
supporter
Posted by Robert Martelle (+758) 8 months ago
I don't know how many are following the actions of the 2021 Montana Legislature, but it is the most frustrating one I have ever seen. They seem determined to make war on schools, voters, LGBTQ, local government, health boards and anybody else who might not be a clone of them.

All of this is done in in thinly veiled attempts to discriminate (to protect religion) or suppress voters (unfounded voter fraud).

Our local senators and representatives are following the pack.

I guess we live in MonTrumpa now.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+10
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+2095) 8 months ago
Maybe it’s the R by the Republican legislator’s names that drives them crazy. I don’t know, maybe lining their caps and hats with aluminum foil would help. I do know the worst has happened, we now have a Republican governor who buys into the insanity. The hogs are at the trough.
+5
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16946) 8 months ago
It's like Donald Trump's vindictive politics tour, Montana style.

Before you know it they will be banning retail sales on Sundays.

I wish you all the best of luck over there.
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17223) 8 months ago
Remember when these clowns ran for office, on how it was all about creating jobs?

Instead, we get this garbage. Abortion bills, voter restriction bills, anything they can do to infringe on the rights of citizens. The proposal to label Antifa as a domestic terrorist organization is hilarious. "Antifa" means anti-fascist. So Republicans are pro fascist (not that we already didn't know that). Not forgetting that Antifa doesn't exist in Montana, and spends their time fighting white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Ku Klux Klan, etc.

I remember when the Republican party used to have a Libertarian bent, now under the Trump era they have shifted to totalitarianism, as after all, their cult leader worships Putin. Trump supporters have totally abandoned democracy.

And cutting taxes so that "job creators" will create jobs? What a joke. I love this guest op-ed from a Republican legislator from Kansas, where their tax cuts to create jobs did not work at all. In fact, it caused insolvency.

https://mtstandard.com/op...4b67jsneAg
+10
Posted by Daniel Lassle (+29) 8 months ago
Maybe you can all go live with Biden (now there's a clown) in the White House and AOC's Green New Deal.
+5
supporter
Reply to Daniel Lassle (#381996)
Daniel Lassle wrote:
Maybe you can all go live with Biden (now there's a clown) in the White House and AOC's Green New Deal.

One can only bow to the giant intellectualism here.

Sorry about Rush, dude

And Lou Dobbs getting cancelled.

Do we have a new definition for the cancel culture?
+4
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11728) 8 months ago
It's as if they learned nothing from Kansas and nothing from tRump and oh, wait. Learning something is directly opposed to modern Repugnican values. Between trying to destroy the economy, destroy the infrastructure, encourage plague, promote bigotry and peer into other people's underpants, the Rs don't seem to have time for actual governance.
+4
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9174) 8 months ago
Mr. Lassle has some... thoughts regarding the Green New Deal? Probably in relation to Texas?
+3
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-147) 8 months ago
You think you'd be more happier moving to a blue state. I no I'd be more happy. Don't let the leaving Montana sign hit you in the butt on you're way out.
banned
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381995)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Remember when these clowns ran for office, on how it was all about creating jobs?

Instead, we get this garbage. Abortion bills, voter restriction bills, anything they can do to infringe on the rights of citizens. The proposal to label Antifa as a domestic terrorist organization is hilarious. "Antifa" means anti-fascist. So Republicans are pro fascist (not that we already didn't know that). Not forgetting that Antifa doesn't exist in Montana, and spends their time fighting white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Ku Klux Klan, etc.

I remember when the Republican party used to have a Libertarian bent, now under the Trump era they have shifted to totalitarianism, as after all, their cult leader worships Putin. Trump supporters have totally abandoned democracy.

And cutting taxes so that "job creators" will create jobs? What a joke. I love this guest op-ed from a Republican legislator from Kansas, where their tax cuts to create jobs did not work at all. In fact, it caused insolvency.

https://mtstandard.com/op...4b67jsneAg

No people are getting tired of the democratic liberals carp. Hope you still remember what bathroom to use. Or is it to late for some of you.. I love it when people that don't live here are so worried about what's going on here. Maybe we don't want to be so screwed up like where you live.
+3
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16946) 8 months ago
Liberal Carp:

+2
banned
Reply to David Schott (#382004)
David Schott wrote:
Liberal Carp:

Just,the same. Both bottom feeders
banned
And both worthless
supporter
Reply to Jerry e (#382006)
Jerry e wrote:
And both worthless

Der, der, der.
+1
banned
Yes der der der
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+2095) 8 months ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381995)
The Republicans are worried about Antifa and want to have it declared a terrorist organization. Gunner is right on, Antifa consists of Americans who are anti-fascist. This should come as no surprise. We suffered more than a million casualties fighting the fascists in WW II at places like Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge, and Anzio. Now the Republicans are embracing the fascists.
+5
supporter
Reply to Jerry e (#382008)
Jerry e wrote:
Yes der der der

Jerry, what are you QAnon whackjobs going to do next?? Interested in what you brain dead morons have up your sleeves.

I find the activities of the subintelligent facinating. Watching the idiots in the legislature and Giant Fart....it is a sad day in Montana.
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11728) 7 months ago
It's as if the Repugnicans have a checklist of evil they are committed to.
1) Betray the veterans of World War II by declaring themselves pro-fascist.
2) Stuff women back into a box of brood mare, taking away any independence and agency.
3) Drive transgender children to suicide by denying them medical care.
4) Further encourage murder and suicide by letting guns EVERYWHERE, including among drunk college students.
5) Cut any sort of help for the disabled, the mentally handicapped, the elderly, the infirm, hoping that they will die -- or, even better, shoot themselves -- and save money.
6) Make the rich even richer. (This is actually their NUMBER ONE priority but I put it here to help extend the list. Really, this is their ONLY priority. The others all play into it.)
7) Suppress voting and participation in democracy in order to hang on to power.
8) Concentrate that power into a central fascist government to make sure they hang on to the power even if the people don't want them in power.
9) Make sure that there is no progress on any front, scientific, medical, social, and try to drag back any progress that has been made in the past 150 years. This includes forcing us back to dependence on 19th century energy technology to better destroy the planet.
10) And hurt those who are weakest. This is the very best part. Making the poor and helpless suffer is the thing that makes Repugnicans smile.
+7
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-147) 7 months ago
Reply to Hanson (#382009)
Hanson wrote:
The Republicans are worried about Antifa and want to have it declared a terrorist organization. Gunner is right on, Antifa consists of Americans who are anti-fascist. This should come as no surprise. We suffered more than a million casualties fighting the fascists in WW II at places like Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge, and Anzio. Now the Republicans are embracing the fascists.

Then why do they act like fascists. There using the same tactics as the Nazis brown shirts did.
supporter
Posted by Robert Martelle (+758) 7 months ago
Yes, the Republicans are acting like fascists. I am glad you see the similarity.

They have labeled the press and anyone who disagrees with them as “enemies of the people”. Anyone who votes their conscience instead of the party line is labeled as a non-patriot or censured and threatened with removal from office or being “primaried” out.

IN MONTANA:

They are passing legislation to suppress voting by making it harder to get absentee ballots. They are doing away with the permanent absentee process and requiring the elderly and other absentee voters to re-apply each year. They want ballots only sent to the address given when a person registered to vote. Good luck to the elderly in nursing homes and snowbirds on being able to vote.

They are exempting churches from having to comply with campaign laws if by doing so it would “be hard to comply with according to their beliefs.” They will also allow businesses to deny services, lodging, employment, housing, etc. to anyone who disturbs their religious beliefs. This is an open invitation to discrimination and bigotry by state sponsored religion.

They are passing legislation to exempt businesses from liability for the spread of disease “if they follow reasonable protocols”. Then they say that businesses do not have to follow reasonable rules to help prevent pandemics. They also would deny workers’ compensation coverage to employees who contact a disease through their work.

They are neutering public health by preventing the adoption of safety measures and by diluting the requirements for vaccinations. They have said that business do not have to comply with public health orders.

They want to keep children and women suppressed by denying them access to health care that should only be the business of the individuals involved and not the STATE. Children whose parents hold prehistoric views on birth control and sexuality will be unable to obtain information to assist them pertaining to pregnancy prevention and other issues.

They want to give more massive tax breaks to big companies and wealthy people at what cost? Higher property taxes for the poor and middle class? Reduction of services so that only the rich will have access to certain opportunities?

They passed a law against sanctuary cities, citing that Federal laws could not be ignored, but in the next breath, proposed that if the Federal Government passed any gun control laws, they should be ignored.

It truly is the Republican Party that has begun to act like fascists and brown shirts over the past four years. They are pandering to the type of people who attacked our nation's capitol. That should disturb anyone who has any common sense, no matter what religious or political affiliation you claim. Look up the similarities of how the Nazis rose to power. Thank you for finally admitting the obvious.
+11
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9174) 7 months ago
The legislature in Boise is just as nutty, if somewhat more provincial - most of the bills that are being considered are designed to immiserate Idahoans in general as a side effect of procreateing with Boise in particular. Some examples:

1) Banning local control of rental fees
2) Requiring cities above a certain size to elect city councils by district (because republicans can't win citywide elections in Boise)
3) Removing the governor's authority to declare health emergencies.
4) Making it harder for citizen initiatives to get on the ballot (they're still pissed about the medicare expansion by initiative, and are afraid of letting weed legalization get in front of the voters)
5) A constitutional amendment forbidding the future legalization of any currently illegal drug.

And so on and so forth. I can't begin to tell you how much I loath the average idaho legislator from dumbprocreateistan. If I were king for a day, I'd force them to open a planned parenthood in every one of their poophole towns.

I'll give state Rep. Greg Cheney the last word: "even the Nazi Party started with good-intentioned persons who were frustrated and they were used over time to allow bad people to take power"

[Edited by Bridgier (2/24/2021 9:52:22 AM)]
+8
founder
supporter
Oh, yeah. Getting rid of public health because caring about the health of the public is something conservatives are now opposed to. What the hell? How does public health become political? Makes NO sense.
+2
banned
Reply to Robert Martelle (#382016)
Robert Martelle wrote:
Yes, the Republicans are acting like fascists. I am glad you see the similarity.

They have labeled the press and anyone who disagrees with them as “enemies of the people”. Anyone who votes their conscience instead of the party line is labeled as a non-patriot or censured and threatened with removal from office or being “primaried” out.

IN MONTANA:

They are passing legislation to suppress voting by making it harder to get absentee ballots. They are doing away with the permanent absentee process and requiring the elderly and other absentee voters to re-apply each year. They want ballots only sent to the address given when a person registered to vote. Good luck to the elderly in nursing homes and snowbirds on being able to vote.

They are exempting churches from having to comply with campaign laws if by doing so it would “be hard to comply with according to their beliefs.” They will also allow businesses to deny services, lodging, employment, housing, etc. to anyone who disturbs their religious beliefs. This is an open invitation to discrimination and bigotry by state sponsored religion.

They are passing legislation to exempt businesses from liability for the spread of disease “if they follow reasonable protocols”. Then they say that businesses do not have to follow reasonable rules to help prevent pandemics. They also would deny workers’ compensation coverage to employees who contact a disease through their work.

They are neutering public health by preventing the adoption of safety measures and by diluting the requirements for vaccinations. They have said that business do not have to comply with public health orders.

They want to keep children and women suppressed by denying them access to health care that should only be the business of the individuals involved and not the STATE. Children whose parents hold prehistoric views on birth control and sexuality will be unable to obtain information to assist them pertaining to pregnancy prevention and other issues.

They want to give more massive tax breaks to big companies and wealthy people at what cost? Higher property taxes for the poor and middle class? Reduction of services so that only the rich will have access to certain opportunities?

They passed a law against sanctuary cities, citing that Federal laws could not be ignored, but in the next breath, proposed that if the Federal Government passed any gun control laws, they should be ignored.

It truly is the Republican Party that has begun to act like fascists and brown shirts over the past four years. They are pandering to the type of people who attacked our nation's capitol. That should disturb anyone who has any common sense, no matter what religious or political affiliation you claim. Look up the similarities of how the Nazis rose to power. Thank you for finally admitting the obous.

I was referring to antifa. As for as taxes. what's Joe's plan. Higher taxes there. And now gas has gone up over .50 cents a gallon. Thanks democrat party.
+1
supporter
I really doubt you'll need to worry about the taxes Jerry.
+4
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16946) 7 months ago
Reply to Jerry e (#382019)
U.S. All Grades All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices:

January 2020: $2.636
January 2021: $2.420

February 2020: $2.533
February 2021: $2.587

Source.
+4
supporter
Hello Jerry e,

First, you do not have to copy and paste the previous posts to respond to them. You can actually address the individual to whom you are replying as I am right know.

Second, the post that I was commenting on was your response to Hanson where Hanson was commenting on the Republicans declaring Antifa as a terrorist organization. The subject of the comment by Hanson was the Republicans. You asked why they (the Republicans my assumption based on the post), were acting like fascists. I gave my thoughts on that issue.

By the way, Antifa is by definition Anti-Fascist, as Hansen wrote.

Third, deflecting from the conversation by saying what about so and so does nothing to show what your thoughts are on the original post.

As for “Joe’s plan” (again, I have to assume you mean Biden since it is again off topic and not Joe Read (R) from HD 93 who has signed onto Giant Fart’s plan to reduce taxes for the rich and the hell with the poor and middle class).

Ok, back to your question, I am fully prepared for higher taxes at the national level for at least one reason…COVID. Because Trump did not acknowledge the severity of the pandemic and did nothing to stem its spread, there have so far been two very expensive stimulus bills and a third is on the way. Someone has to pay for this and it won’t be the RICH (thanks to the Republican tax cuts) so dig out your checkbook.

My personal belief is that if COVID had been taken seriously at the top of our government from day one, and there had been actual leadership and not suppression of the facts, the impact on the American people and businesses would not have been as bad.

And, Joe (Biden not Read) has inherited the mess left by his predecessor who was more concerned about non-existent election fraud and ratings on FOX news than doing his job.

I hope that those people who have Trump’s picture on their dining room wall beside that of Jesus Christ, know which one they should be praying to. I’ll give you a hint, it ain’t the Orange One.
+7
banned
Reply to Robert Martelle (#382023)
Robert Martelle wrote:
Hello Jerry e,

First, you do not have to copy and paste the previous posts to respond to them. You can actually address the individual to whom you are replying as I am right know.

Second, the post that I was commenting on was your response to Hanson where Hanson was commenting on the Republicans declaring Antifa as a terrorist organization. The subject of the comment by Hanson was the Republicans. You asked why they (the Republicans my assumption based on the post), were acting like fascists. I gave my thoughts on that issue.

By the way, Antifa is by definition Anti-Fascist, as Hansen wrote.

Third, deflecting from the conversation by saying what about so and so does nothing to show what your thoughts are on the original post.

As for “Joe’s plan” (again, I have to assume you mean Biden since it is again off topic and not Joe Read (R) from HD 93 who has signed onto Giant Fart’s plan to reduce taxes for the rich and the hell with the poor and middle class).

Ok, back to your question, I am fully prepared for higher taxes at the national level for at least one reason…COVID. Because Trump did not acknowledge the severity of the pandemic and did nothing to stem its spread, there have so far been two very expensive stimulus bills and a third is on the way. Someone has to pay for this and it won’t be the RICH (thanks to the Republican tax cuts) so dig out your checkbook.

My personal belief is that if COVID had been taken seriously at the top of our government from day one, and there had been actual leadership and not suppression of the facts, the impact on the American people and businesses would not have been as bad.

And, Joe (Biden not Read) has inherited the mess left by his predecessor who was more concerned about non-existent election fraud and ratings on FOX news than doing his job.

I hope that those people who have Trump’s picture on their dining room wall beside that of Jesus Christ, know which one they should be praying to. I’ll give you a hint, it ain’t the Orange One.

Antifa is a fascists organized. Just look how they operate. And didn't Trump shut down travel from China early on. And the lebtards call him a racist. Joe said the vaccine wouldn't be possible in tell the summer of 2021. No Joe has been in office for over a month and he's done more game the Obama in his eight years. Isn't funny if you only riot at night it's no a terrorist act. And now they admitted that is poor planning on the part. And Joe said that by summer that there will be three hundred billion vaccines available for use Americans. You just can't make this stuff up .only if you're a democrat
+2
banned
If people took drug and alcohol addiction as serious as covid then it would matter. And a lot of people also think abortion is ok. People die more for drug and alcohol every day. If you want be concern try those problems. Let's talk about abortion if you worried about people dyeing . Then abortion too would be the most moralistic thing to work on.
+1
Posted by Frank Burns (+341) 7 months ago
Reply to Jerry e (#382026)
If alcoholism was contagious, Jerry, you'd be banned from public places.
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17223) 7 months ago
Reply to Jerry e (#382026)
Jerry e wrote:
If people took drug and alcohol addiction as serious as covid then it would matter. And a lot of people also think abortion is ok. People die more for drug and alcohol every day. If you want be concern try those problems. Let's talk about abortion if you worried about people dyeing . Then abortion too would be the most moralistic thing to work on.

Every post you make here leaves me speechless.

We wait in total fascination for your next brilliant prognostication.
+1
banned
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#382028)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Jerry e wrote:

Every post you make here leaves me speechless.

We wait in total fascination for your next brilliant prognostication.

And some of you leave me shaking my head in debrief.
+2
banned
Reply to Frank Burns (#382027)
Frank Burns wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't drink.
+2
Posted by JamesDavis (+18) 7 months ago
Well this is entertaining. A bunch of democrats attacking republicans for perceived differences. I find it funny how each party blames all of it's problems on the other, and neither accepts democracy in general. Progress? The only thing the democratic party has progressed towards is insanity. Antifa for example; if they're not a terrorist organization, I don't know what is. Have any of you guys been to Portland? It's a disaster.

I'll quote Google here; "Antifa: a political protest movement comprising autonomous groups affiliated by their militant opposition to fascism and other forms of extreme right-wing ideology."

Note the "militant opposition."

Also Google; "militant: combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods."

I hope some of you will educate yourself on actual issues, instead of focusing and blaming your problems on your opposing party. Maybe take them on one at a time.

For the record: I'm neither a democrat nor a republican, but it's interesting to find such a left leaning forum in Miles City. Do you all realize where you live? I have to side with Jerry on this: maybe you all should move. Glendive's not very far.
+3
supporter
No thanks, I prefer my drinking water to be untainted by the pee of any upstream cities.
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16946) 7 months ago
"Do you all realize where you live? I have to side with Jerry on this: maybe you all should move. Glendive's not very far."

We can't all live in paradise, Jamie.
+2
supporter
I could side with Jerry, but at 59 years old, I'm afraid that a lobotomy would kill me.
supporter
Reply to Jerry e (#382031)
Jerry e wrote:
Frank Burns wrote:

This scares us even further.

Jerry, please consult with a neurologist as soon as you can.
banned
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#382037)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Jerry e wrote:
Frank Burns wrote:

This scares us even further.

Jerry, please consult with a neurologist as soon as you can.

I think you're way over do for a reality check. Man how do you function in life. Bets it's really tough . Then again maybe you wouldn't no the difference.
supporter
Curious.....

Is the standard Republican deflection now is Antifa?

What a mob of dumbass morons.
+3
Posted by JamesDavis (+18) 7 months ago
Gunnar,

Again, not a republican, but you're the one that brought up Antifa. Do you have the memory of a goldfish?

Just curious...
supporter
Another fascism bill emerges: Rep. Derek Skees of Kalispell has introduced HB 542 which would prohibit any state funds for public radio including Montana Public Radio and Yellowstone Public Radio. It would also prohibit colleges from providing in-kind support for radio stations. This would effectively kill student-run stations on college campuses. Skees argued there is "no compelling reason" for the state to subsidize any radio station, regardless of the content or viewpoints it shares, though he also accused public radio in general of liberal bias.
+4
founder
supporter
I'm surprised Skees doesn't show up in either his Grand Dragon costume or his SS uniform.
+5
supporter
Reply to JamesDavis (#382040)
JamesDavis wrote:
Gunnar,

Again, not a republican, but you're the one that brought up Antifa. Do you have the memory of a goldfish?

Just curious...

Glad you hate the patriots who are standing up against racism and fascism, James. "Again, not a republican"......true, but being a Trumpie doesn't make you above party politics as your golden calf is now their standard bearer.

https://www.vox.com/polic...old-statue

Bow and worship, Jerry!
+2
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14943) 7 months ago
They have him wearing flip-flops? Moses is gonna be pissed 😤.
+5
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+2492) 7 months ago
What also needs to be mentioned about the current Montana Legislature are all the bills attacking public lands, access to public lands, and hunting for average Montanans. I haven't seen any bills limiting river access. Not yet anyway. I'm sure they are in the works. Jersey Gianforte hates people accessing their rivers.

I'm sure that those of you who voted for all of this will be happy when you can't get any hunting tags, or have nowhere to hunt. Or have to pay an outfitter for the opportunity to hunt.

Here are a few opinion articles discussing some of these trash Republican bills.

https://helenair.com/opin...b817c.html

https://www.bozemandailyc...d75eb.html

https://montanafreepress....d-herring/

https://www.hunttalk.com/...fe.305402/
+1