Biden's First Two Days
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16812) 4 months ago
It has certainly been a whirlwind of Executive Orders. I will cherry pick one out and add my commentary. Please feel free to comment and add to your own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2...ement.html

I completely disagree. Let free markets decide what source of energy should drive the market. A carbon tax, which would fund alternative energy sources and has been endorsed by oil companies, is so, so much better than a ban on fossil fuel production.

[Edited by Gunnar Emilsson (1/21/2021 9:01:27 PM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381733)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
It has certainly been a whirlwind of Executive Orders. I will cherry pick one out and add my commentary. Please feel free to comment and add to your own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2...ement.html

I completely disagree. Let free markets decide what source of energy should drive the market. A carbon tax, which would fund alternative energy sources and has been endorsed by oil companies, is so, so much better than a ban on fossil fuel production.

[Edited by Gunnar Emilsson (1/21/2021 9:01:27 PM)]


so are we going to tax China and India and ather countries too. or do we pay the price for that too?
Top
Posted by Chuckie (+43) 4 months ago
Putting 11,000 high paid workers on the unemployment lines, and violating his own mask mandate on Federal property at the Lincoln Memorial...not a good start.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
-4
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+1911) 4 months ago
I take the comment about 11,000 jobs as a dig at the canceling of the XL pipeline. This figure is a gross exaggeration. Further, once a pipeline is in, employment, other than some maintenance employees, is at an end.

The Republicans have long touted the proposed Keystone pipeline (Senate Bill-1), as the big jobs bill and how safe it would be crossing major rivers and aquifers. They must think we have no collective memory. Daines and the Republicans demonstrated their disregard for the preservation of our rivers and major aquifers by voting to exempt the XL pipeline from paying into the Oil Spill Trust Fund. The Fund was established to pay for cleaning up oil spill disasters like the Yellowstone River near Laurel in 2011 and Glendive in 2015.

As for jobs, keeping in mind that laying a pipeline involves only temporary jobs, the Republicans and Daines voted against a requirement that supplies, including steel, be made here and not elsewhere, like China. (Amdt 17 to S-1) After expressing support for private property rights, they voted to allow private property to be seized through eminent domain by foreign-owned companies. (Amdt 72 to S-1) This vote was to benefit TC Energy and Sunshine Oilsands LTD whose corporate headquarters are in Alberta, Canada. Sunshine’s management consists of Kwok Ping Sun, Chairman of the Board and Gloria Ho, Executive Director, CFO, with its Board of Directors Hong Luo, Linna Liu (also with the investment division of the Bank of China), Xijuan Jiang, Raymond Shengti Fong, Joanne Yan, and Yi He. So much for the Republicans’ and Daines’ ca-ca about standing up to China and domestic energy independence.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+8
-1
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
So it's not right to you that we shouldn't make products here but in China. And the land owners did got paid for easement rights . And as far as pipelines go this country has them running all of . And China has the worst pollution plants in the world. But you think that it's ok . Then we are screwed.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
-1
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to Chuckie (#381740)
Chuckie wrote:
Putting 11,000 high paid workers on the unemployment lines, and violating his own mask mandate on Federal property at the Lincoln Memorial...not a good start.


But that's ok Do as I say . Not as i do.The go old double standards
Top
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16636) 4 months ago
I'm shocked to see Republicans suddenly care about wearing masks.
Top
Posted by nativemc (+905) 4 months ago
Other than the fact that the jobs are temporary and the disregard for the waterways ,aquifers and lands the pipeline crosses, it has not been mentioned the reason for this pipeline is to export Canadian oil to other countries. This is not for the benefit of the United States at all. I don't care how much a small number of people benefit from this pipeline, is it worth the possibility of land, water and livelihoods being destroyed?
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to nativemc (#381746)
nativemc wrote:
Other than the fact that the jobs are temporary and the disregard for the waterways ,aquifers and lands the pipeline crosses, it has not been mentioned the reason for this pipeline is to export Canadian oil to other countries. This is not for the benefit of the United States at all. I don't care how much a small number of people benefit from this pipeline, is it worth the possibility of land, water and livelihoods being destroyed?


But it does benefit the USA. Our oil would also be pumped in to it .. And we can't ship crude oil out of country . It has to be refined. But if you want to support terrorist by supporting countries that supposed them. The you have a serious problem.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to David Schott (#381745)
David Schott wrote:
I'm shocked to see Republicans suddenly care about wearing masks.


No his the jackass that is pushing it .But rules don't apply to them or the elite.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1316) 4 months ago
Here ya go Jerry. Assuming you can read, or look at pictures, this is everything you need to know about Keystone XL.

It is Alberta oil. The line originates in the tar sands of northern Alberta.

https://www.nrdc.org/stor...e#tarsands
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to Steve Sullivan (#381759)
Steve Sullivan wrote:
Here ya go Jerry. Assuming you can read, or look at pictures, this is everything you need to know about Keystone XL.

It is Alberta oil. The line originates in the tar sands of northern Alberta.

https://www.nrdc.org/stor...e#tarsands


Isn't Canada one of our important trading allies. And yes I do no where they get there oil.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16812) 4 months ago
Poor illiterate moron....harboring grudges against the elite.

Curious on your definition of the "elite"? Those of us who are literate? Probably not the rich, as your hero Trump and his buddies would certainly qualify in that category.

Here's one for you, Jerry.....I watched a QAnon YouTube video where Canada is in cahoots with China.....China is secretly paying for the Keystone XL pipeline to send Canadian crude oil to Texas refineries to refine it.....and then the gasoline product will be pumped into supertanker ships and hauled to China!

The YouTube internet videos speak only the Trumpian truth.
Top
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381797)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Poor illiterate moron....harboring grudges against the elite.

Curious on your definition of the "elite"? Those of us who are literate? Probably not the rich, as your hero Trump and his buddies would certainly qualify in that category.

Here's one for you, Jerry.....I watched a QAnon YouTube video where Canada is in cahoots with China.....China is secretly paying for the Keystone XL pipeline to send Canadian crude oil to Texas refineries to refine it.....and then the gasoline product will be pumped into supertanker ships and hauled to China!

The YouTube internet videos speak only the Trumpian truth.


There investigated China interfering in their country . So is Australia. Maybe you should look deeper . instead of attacking people and their families . But what do inspect from someone as simple minded as you. And where do you think our coal is going. With the refine oil go to China we are getting something. For that. Montana was going to get 100 million a year from tax revenues. Bet if they let Hunter be on the board it would've been no problem.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16812) 4 months ago
Answer the question, simpleton.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9023) 4 months ago
"With the refine oil go to China we are getting something"

Certainly not GEDs...
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
Posted by ronaldr (+34) 4 months ago
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16069) 2 hours ago
Answer the question, simpleton.




Look at Gunnar lose his temper when he's losing a debate with Jerry E. ....Looks like Gunnar's remark in his opening about "feel free to comment" only applies if you agree with him.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
-1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16812) 4 months ago
It's not losing a debate. It's asking a question and expecting to get an answer, to begin a debate. How hard is that for you to comprehend?
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16636) 4 months ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381804)
Gunnar, your first mistake was expecting intelligent discourse from a MAGAbilly.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
Posted by ronaldr (+34) 4 months ago
Nah, not buying it, you're losing a debate against Jerry E. and you're mad about it, that's why you call him names. He's just smarter than you are, accept it.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
-4
banned
Posted by Jerry e (-145) 4 months ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381799)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Answer the question, simpleton.


Maybe if you reread it you'd see that I did. Then you'll hopefully understand it. Maybe not .
Top