Refreshing zephyrs
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11280) one month ago
Wind has been HOWLING since yesterday afternoon. No major damage this morning so I showered, washed my lovely LONG hair, put on clean clothes, and then a wind gust took down a branch, which was now hanging on the power and phones lines.

Put my hair in a bun, went outside and stood in the howling wind, branches in my hair, holding up a tree while Steve danced around sawing off branches. Saved the phone and the power lines and now we have a pile of branches in the back yard and I have wood chips and sticks in my hair.

But, hey, overall GOOD. We fixed the problem with no major damage to house and only minor damage to ourselves.

So, how has the wind been treating you?
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1979) one month ago
Here in Minot. My fancy city garbage can was gone after 60 mph winds during the night. I live toward the bottom of a hill and the wind actually blew the garbage can up the hill. My good neighbor hunted it down for me. Also some shingles down. In Crosby, ND which is in the NW corner of ND they had gusts of 105 mph.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11280) one month ago
HOLY CRAP! That is some wind! Not quite that bad here but I keep waiting to end up on Oz.