Charles Lawrence Antram (1937-1968)
founder
Posted by Larry Antram (+184) 14 years ago
Charles Lawrence (Larry) Antram; born April 15, 1937 in Alliance, Stark Co., OH; died May 11, 1968 in Miles City, Custer Co., MT.
founder

Miles City trucker killed

Charles (Larry) Antram, 31, of Broadus Stage died Saturday night of injuries suffered when the cab of a truck he was working on fell and crushed him.

The accident occurred on the Lynn McFarland Ranch five miles south of Miles City. According to police, the City - County ambulance was called to the ranch but Antram was dead on arrival at a local hospital. Antram was working on a cab-over-truck which lost its hydraulic pressure. Police said there were no witnesses to the accident.

Antram was born in Alliance, Ohio, April 15, 1937, and attended grade and high school there. After high school he worked for a supermarket for seven years.

At the age of 23 he joined the Air Force and received his basic training in Texas. He was then station in Minnesota and Kansas before moving to Montana in 1962 where he was stationed with the 902nd Radar Squadron.

After his discharge he married Marilyn McFarland of Miles City in Belle Fourche, S.D., on Aug, 1, 1964. They moved back to Alliance where he worked in a supermarket for nine months. In March, 1965, they returned to Montana where he engaged in ranching with his father-in-law, Lynn McFarland.

He began a trucking business in September, 1966, along with his ranching.

He was a member of the Town and Country Club.

Surviving are his wife Marilyn; a son, Lawrence Lynn Antram; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Antram of Alliance; and two brothers, Wayne Antram of Alliance, Ohio, and Jerry Antram of Canal Fulton, Ohio.

Funeral services will be Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Chapel of Graves Funeral Home with the Rev. John B. Fitz of the First Presbyterian Church officiating. Burial will be in the Custer County Cemetery.

The family has established a memorial to the Carnegie Public Library and contributions may be left there or at Graves Funeral Home.
founder

Charles L. Antram Dies in Montana Truck Mishap

Charles L. Antram, 31, of Broadus Stage, Mont., formerly of the Alliance area, was killed Saturday night when a hydraulic lift holding a truck lost pressure, resulting in the truck falling on him.

The operator of his own trucking firm, Antram was employed for several years at the Perskey store in Mount Union.

The son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Antram, 4878 Union Ave. N.E., he was born in Alliance April 15, 1937 and served in the Air Force.

A member of the Towne and Country Golf Club at Miles City, Mont., he is survived by his parents, his wife, the former Marilyn McFarland, whom he married Aug. 1, 1964, and a son, Lawrence Lynn, both of the home, and two brothers, Wayne of Alliance and Jerry of Canal Fulton.

Services will be held tomorrow at 2 p.m. at the Graves Funeral Home in Miles City with Rev. John B. Fitz of the First Presbyterian Church of Miles City officiating. Burial will be in the Custer County Cemetery.
founder

Antram Services

MILES CITY -- Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 2 p.m. for Charles (Larry) Antram, 31, of Miles City, at the Graves Funeral Home, Burial will be in the Custer County Cemetery.

Mr. Antram died Saturday night on the ranch of Lynn McFarland, five miles south of Miles City.

He was crushed when a truck he was working on fell on him.

He was born at Alliance, Ohio, April 15, 1937, to Mr. and Mrs. Harold Antram. After graduating from high school there he went to work for a supermarket. At 23 he joined the Air Force and was stationed in Texas, Minnesota and Kansas before being assigned in 1962 to the 902nd Radar Squadron Base in Miles City.

After his service discharge, Mr. Antram married Marilyn McFarland of Miles City Aug 1, 1964 in Belle Fourche, S.D. The two moved to Alliance, Ohio for nine months, then returned to Montana where Mr. Antram engaged in ranching with his father-in-law, and started a trucking business in 1966.

He is survived by his widow; one son, Lawrence Lynn, and two brothers in Alliance.
founder

ANTRAM - Funeral services for Charles (Larry) Antram, 31, husband of Marilyn McFarland Antram, will be held Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Chapel of the Graves Funeral Home with the Rev. John B. Fitz of the First Presbyterian Church officiating. Burial will be in the family lot at the Custer County Cemetery.
founder

CHARLES LARRY ANTRAM

Funeral services for Charles Larry Antram, husband of Marilyn McFarland Antram of the McFarland Ranch south of Miles City were held Wednesday afternoon in the Chapel of the Graves Funeral Home with the Rev. John B. Fitz of the First Presbyterian Church of Miles City officiating.

The music was under the direction of Mrs. Boyce Clarke with the solos being "Nearer My God to Thee" and "Beyond the Sunset."

Mr. Antram was killed in an accident at the ranch where he lived when the cab of the truck on which he was working lost its hydraulic support and crushed him.

Survivors include his wife, a son, Lawrence Lynn; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Antram of Alliance, Ohio; two brothers, Wayne Antram of Alliance, Ohio, and Jerry Antram of Canal Fulton, Ohio; and his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Lynn McFarland who ranch south of Miles City.

The pallbearers were Bud Bird, Dick Christopherson, Bert Frankl, Mickey McFarland, Jay Ochsner and Roger Bundy.

Burial was in the family lot of Custer County Cemetery.
founder

Card of Thanks

Our recent sad loss leaves us with grateful hearts toward neighbors and friends. Their comforting expressions of sympathy and thoughtfulness will always be remembered.

Mrs. Larry Antram & son Larry Lynn
Parents - Mr. & Mrs. Harold Antram
Mr. & Mrs. Wayne Antram & Family
Mr. & Mrs. Jerry Antram & Family
Mr. & Mrs. Lynn McFarland & Carol
founder

Antram Fires Hole-In-One

Perhaps the most unusual, and maybe the most thrilling moment of the division golf tourney was provided during the first round by an airman who didn't even place in the final standings. A2C Charles Antram from the 738th Radar Sq., Olathe AFS, Kans., stepped routinely up to the par 3, 165 yard 13th hole on the lush Swope Park course No. 1, took out an iron and blasted the ball high over a gulley straight into the cup for his first hole-in-one, and the only one in the tournament.

"I'll never play with that ball again -- save it as a souvenier," quipped Antram. His playing partner confided that the airman "might send it to one of the golf manufacturing firms for a gold plate job."

THAT'S RIGHT, ONE STROKE beams A2C Charles Antram as he displays the special trophy awarded to him for racking up a hole-in-one during the first round of play in the 29th Air Division golf classic.
founder
If anyone here knew my dad, I would appreciate if you could reply and post something you remember about him. As mentioned, he was part of the 902nd Air Force Radar Squadron stationed outside of Miles City, and later operated Antram Trucking before he died. Thanks.

Regards, Larry Antram
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 14 years ago
I was only 7, but I remember your Dad delivered several loads hay out to our ranch in the Pine Hills. I specifically remember a load of hay he brought out on Easter Sunday. I think he was trying to get in and out on the frost and this particular day ( a sun-day ) it warmed up a little faster and he got stuck. It took a long time to get the semi un-stuck and then unloaded. I remember my Mom being upset because we didn't make it to church that day which was a very rare occurrence.

I remember my dad telling me about the accident and he seemed pretty upset by what had happened. For quite a while after that he was a lot more careful about how he did things.

For as long as I have been posting here (+/- 4 years) it has nagged me why your name was so familiar and yet I couldn't put it in context. Your sharing the this story finally helped me figure that out. Some brain cells were freed to do other things. Thanks for sharing the clippings of your dad and thanks for hosting all of our "chatter" here on MC.com.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 12/1/2007).]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 14 years ago
Thanks Richard, your memories are greatly appreciated! Regards, Larry
Posted by Linda Morgan (+580) 14 years ago
What a tragedy to die so young....My deepest condolences Larry for your tremendous loss....and thank you so much for this web site to allow us all to voice ourselves...
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 14 years ago
Thank you, Linda. We all hit certain milestones in our lives, such as when we hit 30, or 40 or whatever... however, it was unsettling the day I realized I had outlived my father... especially due to the fact that in reflecting the moment, I still felt like a young man. Regards, Larry