Thank you Albertson's
Posted by nativemc (+591) one month ago
I would like to Thank all of the employees and management at our local Albertson's. My wife and I needed a few things that we weren't able to get with curbside pickup so reluctantly put on our masks and went in. There was a young lady at the front handing out masks and writing down names of people that refused to wear a mask. Thank you for that. Consequently there was only one person in the store without a mask.I felt safe. If we want to get back to normal, all stores need to do this. I really would like to go places without worrying about contracting, at the very least a disease that could effect my health for the rest of my life.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+7
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11025) one month ago
I left just as they assigned the masker. There were more selfish twits in the store than in weeks. Glad to know they did something about it.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16031) one month ago
I'm still somewhat flabbergasted that Republicans would politicize a simple public health measure like wearing a mask in public places. True, during the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918-1920 there were a few mask slackers, but no one screamed "tyranny" like the tRumpers do today. It's mind-boggling.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
Posted by Jerry e (-50) one month ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#381398)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
I'm still somewhat flabbergasted that Republicans would politicize a simple public health measure like wearing a mask in public places. True, during the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918-1920 there were a few mask slackers, but no one screamed "tyranny" like the tRumpers do today. It's mind-boggling.


So are we going to have to wear a mask for he rest of our live? What has it been over nine months. If the work we wouldn't have to wear the no longer . And it's just not a republican thing.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
-3
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8754) one month ago
Oh jer-bear, you're a walking indictment of miles city schools...
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+797) one month ago
Reply to nativemc (#381388)
This is good news but I worry that those young ladies asking for names might be assaulted.

I've been complaining to Albertsons' manager and staff for months about men stocking the meat shelves and women at the Osco windows who violate the mask mandate time and again.

At least one person on this website thinks I'm rude. So what?

I'm living with this pandemic and I want to live through this pandemic, so put on a mask. Please.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11025) one month ago
I would love to see mask-wearing really catch on! No Christmas cold this year. No barfing bug weekend. No flu! And -- so far, in spite of all the selfish assholios around me -- no Covid.
Top
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+797) one month ago
I was in Albertsons this afternoon and there was only one unmasked person in the store, a meat department employee with his mask around his chin. I've seen this guy many times without a mask.

The girl at the door isn't taking names, just keeping track of how many. She told me everyone she turned away left with no argument.

On the other hand, almost every customer at Ace Hardware was maskless. I asked Mr. Steadman why and he just shrugged his shoulders. He was wearing a mask and I asked him why. He said, "We should all wear them." I pointed at a couple checking out and said, "Then why shouldn't they?" He didn't reply.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (-50) one month ago
I had this Chinese virus less than a month ago. And I survived .it affects people different ways. And people die or have slight like cold symptoms a lot of People die from tobacco. But I see that's still on shelves. People die from alcohol. I see that they still selling it. These are something's to worry about outer then this virus.. Now the vaccine was held back before the election . So why did the do that ? Sadly it was one more political chances to use against Trump. Now for wearing the mask I'm not going to . Or when I really have to. It's still a free country . Or is it?
Top
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16127) one month ago
Reply to Jerry e (#381406)
Lung cancer isn't known to be contagious, Jerry.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14523) one month ago
Idk, Jerry. Seems like if you jump off the high dive at the polio pit and the resulting tsunami cover a bunch of hot girls sunning themselves on the raft with seaweed, you would be responsible for your wake. They are going to be pissed at your carelessness. Similarly , Wearing a mask 😷 protects others from the tsunami of snot particles that you blow about.

I know you believe in personal responsibility. You go to church and hear messages about caring for your fellow man. Wearing a mask is such a simple way to control your wake and demonstrate you practice what is preached.

Funny how you can wrap yourself in the flag when the issue is some right-wing talking point, but you can’t wear a piece of cloth on your face to protect others. Without personal responsibility, the isn’t really any freedom. Seems a tad hypocritical to me. You should do better.

[Edited by Richard Bonine (12/17/2020 10:51:38 PM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8754) one month ago
On every front, modern conservatism has proven to be a failure.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
Posted by Jerry e (-50) one month ago
Reply to Richard Bonine (#381409)
Richard Bonine wrote:
Idk, Jerry. Seems like if you jump off the high dive at the polio pit and the resulting tsunami cover a bunch of hot girls sunning themselves on the raft with seaweed, you would be responsible for your wake. They are going to be pissed at your carelessness. Similarly , Wearing a mask 😷 protects others from the tsunami of snot particles that you blow about.

I know you believe in personal responsibility. You go to church and hear messages about caring for your fellow man. Wearing a mask is such a simple way to control your wake and demonstrate you practice what is preached.

Funny how you can wrap yourself in the flag when the issue is some right-wing talking point, but you can’t wear a piece of cloth on your face to protect others. Without personal responsibility, the isn’t really any freedom. Seems a tad hypocritical to me. You should do better.

[Edited by Richard Bonine (12/17/2020 10:51:38 PM)]


I did wear a mask when i was in stores. And I still got the virus.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (-50) one month ago
Reply to David Schott (#381408)
David Schott wrote:
Lung cancer isn't known to be contagious, Jerry.


We should treat it like it is. And what about second band smoke.
Top
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16127) one month ago
Reply to Jerry e (#381412)
Think about how smokers whined when they outlawed smoking in bars and restaurants. Then think about the people who are complaining about having to wear a mask to limit the spread of Coronavirus.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11025) one month ago
And when they banned smoking indoors, heart attack rates dropped dramatically so smokers learned that not blowing smoke at someone else saved lives. But Jerry believes that the only life that matters is his, same with all conservatives.

I usually spend a lot of my Christmas budget at Steadman's. This year, I spent none of my Christmas budget at Steadman's. Sorry, but I value my life and the life of my high-risk husband.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (-50) one month ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#381414)
Amorette Allison wrote:
And when they banned smoking indoors, heart attack rates dropped dramatically so smokers learned that not blowing smoke at someone else saved lives. But Jerry believes that the only life that matters is his, same with all conservatives.

I usually spend a lot of my Christmas budget at Steadman's. This year, I spent none of my Christmas budget at Steadman's. Sorry, but I value my life and the life of my high-risk husband.


It's been over ten months and where still here with this virus. And if Albertsons treats there customers that way they don't need my business.And don't you think I'm high risk.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8754) one month ago
high risk for what? Didn't you say you had teh 'china virus' (I need a racism ruling here from Mr. Pius)

dippoop.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (-50) one month ago
Reply to Bridgier (#381416)
Bridgier wrote:
high risk for what? Didn't you say you had teh 'china virus' (I need a racism ruling here from Mr. Pius)

dippoop.


Let's call it for what it is. So when are you going to grow you're Hitler mustache. And I no just the place to put you're racism ruling you simpleton.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8754) one month ago
Womp womp...
Top
Posted by nativemc (+591) one month ago
Jerry, please go back and study your history about Hitler. I am really curious about the difference between the history you learned and history I learned. I did not start this thread to be political. I started it simply to thank a business for looking out for the health and safety of me and my fellow earthlings.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11025) one month ago
Caring about the lives of others is contrary to the conservative way.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8754) one month ago
Jer-bear is very smart, and knows that the Nazi party's real name was the National SOCIALST Party, so QED LIBTARDS, Q.E.D.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+1511) one month ago
Amorette, the people of which you speak, including present-day Republicans, are not conservatives. What is even the slightest bit conservative about the way they have been conducting themselves? They howl about activist judges then bring and support frivolous case after case. They are right-wing sociopaths that exhibit a lack of remorse or empathy. They have a disregard for social norms of right and wrong and frequently lie. They are concerned about the national debt in helping out the general public with pandemic economic problems. They had no concern for the national debt when they gave away trillions in tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations in 2017-18. The predominant word in their vocabulary is ‘my’ or ‘mine,’ as in what can I do for myself, my family, my community? And, I can assure you the community they speak of, if not gated, has few if any non-Caucasian members.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+6
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11025) one month ago
True. They aren't Republicans. They are tRumpublicans and they are evil. They have always existed but tRump encouraged their hate and fear and they crawled out from under the rocks they had been hiding under and made a concerted effort to destroy this country. I miss real Republicans. Real conservatives. I may have disagreed with them but I didn't consider them actually loathsome.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11025) 28 days ago
Albertson's was handing out masks again today! YAY!!!!!
Top
Posted by Jerry e (-50) 28 days ago
Reply to Hanson (#381424)
Hanson wrote:
Amorette, the people of which you speak, including present-day Republicans, are not conservatives. What is even the slightest bit conservative about the way they have been conducting themselves? They howl about activist judges then bring and support frivolous case after case. They are right-wing sociopaths that exhibit a lack of remorse or empathy. They have a disregard for social norms of right and wrong and frequently lie. They are concerned about the national debt in helping out the general public with pandemic economic problems. They had no concern for the national debt when they gave away trillions in tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations in 2017-18. The predominant word in their vocabulary is ‘my’ or ‘mine,’ as in what can I do for myself, my family, my community? And, I can assure you the community they speak of, if not gated, has few if any non-Caucasian members.


You couldn't speak more true on the democratic party.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
-1
Posted by Jerry e (-50) 28 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#381423)
Bridgier wrote:
Jer-bear is very smart, and knows that the Nazi party's real name was the National SOCIALST Party, so QED LIBTARDS, Q.E.D.


Yes I did no that . The new name is the democratic party against freedom. D.P.A f.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
-1
Posted by Jerry e (-50) 28 days ago
Reply to Dick Ellingson (#381403)
Dick Ellingson wrote:
This is good news but I worry that those young ladies asking for names might be assaulted.

I've been complaining to Albertsons' manager and staff for months about men stocking the meat shelves and women at the Osco windows who violate the mask mandate time and again.

At least one person on this website thinks I'm rude. So what?

I'm living with this pandemic and I want to live through this pandemic, so put on a mask. Please.


No you're living I fear.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
-2