I don't understand
Posted by Lee Bauch (+251) 27 days ago
I agree we all have the right to wear or not wear masks, but I ask you, why don't you want to try everything to protect yourself and others just for a short time while being out. Yes, we all have the right to choose, Yes, the masks are uncomfortable, yes it is hard to breathe through them, and yes there is no guarantee that they will protect everyone 100%, but isn't a tiny chance of protection better than getting sick?? I would ask those of you who do not wear them, what do YOU do to help stop this virus. If you have a better way I would love to know what it is. Would save me a lot of time, money and effort in making them at no charge. I think it is sad that most of my efforts have been sent to other states because we here in Montana don't believe the statistics. It isn't a political statement to wear or not but that seems to be one of the reasons some of you don't. What is the real reason folks? Can't be the cost, since they are out there for free. Inquiring minds would like to know
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+8
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10775) 27 days ago
Caring about others is seen as some sort of vile "liberal" trait and no true tRumpette wants to be considered compassionate or kind.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
-1
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1917) 27 days ago
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+7
Posted by Jerry e (-46) 27 days ago
Why is it about Trump supporters .Don't you think people in general don't want to wear masks. And if only Trump supporters don't wear masks . Then Joe has lost big time.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
-4
Posted by Lee Bauch (+251) 27 days ago
I am not a supporter of either. I am just a 77 year old person that wishes to stay healthy and it seems to me that when the Doctors agree that masks and social distancing are a better way to stay that way ,who am I to ignore them. Politics should not even be entered into it..
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+8
Posted by Jerry e (-46) 27 days ago
yes you are right . But you talk about the weather and it will become political
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15417) 27 days ago
Reply to Jerry e (#380926)
Jerry e wrote:
yes you are right . But you talk about the weather and it will become political


Leave it to Jerry to bring up Chemtrails. The late Cactus Plains will be rolling over in his grave. Re-read Sagebrush Manifesto No. 7.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+848) 26 days ago
Reply to Lee Bauch (#380925)
Thanks Lee for all you do..
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
Posted by Lee Bauch (+251) 26 days ago
Thank you for the kudos. I do it to keep busy and have plenty of masks to give away for anyone that would like to ignore politics and try to keep themselves and those around them safe as possible. just call
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+6
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1466) 24 days ago
I'm wearing N95 masks (yes, you can get them, in spite of what Amazon says) because I pretty much have to.

No, it's not easy to breathe through them if you're lung challenged, but when the other choice is taking your chances with the masses-
Top
Posted by Skidoorulz (+37) 24 days ago
99% of the time I don't wear a mask. I don't wear a mask unless I am asked to by a business I am in because it is their right as a business to ask me to wear one and it is my right to not go in if I don't want to wear one. But I will not wear a mask everywhere I go. I am not showing any disrespect to anyone by not wearing one I am just making a choice as those who are wearing a mask are making a choice. I do not belittle those people who wear a mask. I don't call them stupid I don't glare at them I don't even notice most of them. But those that wear a mask call those that don't selfish inconsiderate Trumpsters and they glare at you. So much for respect from that group. They want our respect but they don't give us their respect. It is a 2 way street people. It isn't all about you and it isn't all about me. I will tell you when I do wear a mask it is a Trump 2020 keep America great mask.

[Edited by Skidoorulz (11/2/2020 5:54:51 PM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
-4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15417) 23 days ago
Reply to Skidoorulz (#380946)
Spoken like a selfish inconsiderate Trumpster. Getting ready to intimidate some voters tomorrow?
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1466) 23 days ago
Reply to Skidoorulz (#380946)
Skidoorulz ... wrote:
I am not showing any disrespect to anyone by not wearing one I am just making a choice "...

[Edited by Skidoorulz (11/2/2020 5:54:51 PM)]


You are 100% showing disrespect and contempt for everybody else because the mask isn't about you, it's to protect *everybody*. It only works if *everybody* wears one.

By not wearing one, you jeopardize everybody else, no matter how safe you think you are or have been.

You are why I wear N95, because I can't rely on you (or everybody else) to think about anyone but you/yourselves
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
-1
Posted by Skidoorulz (+37) 23 days ago
Here we go with the liberal rhetoric. You are selfish and inconsiderate and think of no one but yourself if you won't wear a mask. I hope you know your N95 is only giving you a false sense of security as is all masks. They do not stop a virus from getting to you. It can get in through your eyes. And if a mask is so effective why do I need to wear one?????? You wearing one should protect you and me as well. Explain that away. You can't. Go ahead and wear your mask. wear it in your car while by yourself. But don't belittle me because I won't drink the Koolaid. I personally know an 84 year old right there in Miles City who hadn't been outside her house in probably 4 months . She got Covid How did that happen? It happened because Covid is airborn and nothing is going to stop it. It has to run its course and all we are doing is prolonging it.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
-4
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1466) 23 days ago
Reply to Skidoorulz (#380959)
Skidoorulz wrote:
It has to run its course and all we are doing is prolonging it.


Then prolong it all you can, asshole!
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
Posted by Tom S (+37) 23 days ago
Typical liberal cussing and name calling is all they have after someone with sense walks in
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
-1
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+1254) 23 days ago
Skidoorulz..wrote

“I personally know an 84 year old right there in Miles City who hadn't been outside her house in probably 4 months . She got Covid How did that happen? It happened because Covid is airborn (sic) and nothing is going to stop it. It has to run its course and all we are doing is prolonging it.”

I am sometimes comically impressed by the raving of morons. How could this happen? If true, which I doubt, its simple, some moron, perhaps Skidoorulz, delivered groceries or booze to the 84 year old without wearing a protective face covering. By the way, I am unaware of any 84 year old in Miles City testing positive or dying as a result of this virus infection.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8543) 23 days ago
These people aren't very smart, and they insist on proving it daily. China, taiwan, new Zeeland, and vietnam will get to have a strong economy because they're not selfish pelicans like we've proven to be, and we'll spend the next decade sucking hind tit because of it.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
Posted by Tom S (+37) 23 days ago
Hanson once again a liberal proves what I just said. When they have nothing the name calling comes out. Bravo
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
-2
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10775) 23 days ago
China's economy is recovering, as are the economies of Japan and Taiwan. Ours continues to sink because people are selfish and make tremendous efforts to justify their selfishness. I wear a mask to protect myself and others because I am decent human being who believes in Golden Rule. If you don't wear a mask, it is because you are selfish and don't care about others. All the other blather is just an excuse to be selfish.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
-1
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1917) 23 days ago
Reply to Tom S (#380966)
Tom S wrote:
Hanson once again a liberal proves what I just said. When they have nothing the name calling comes out. Bravo


Nothing but facts...and name calling.

Fact: Wearing cloth masks significantly reduces the spread of coronavirus. Wearing masks protects you and your neighbors.

If you're not wearing a mask in public, both in crowded outdoor situations, and indoors, you are helping spread the disease to your neighbors. Many of whom may become very ill and possibly die. The hospitals in Billing and Miles City are nearing capacity with people sick from coronavirus infections. This isn't a partisan issue. It's about protecting your community.

When Biden wins the election, a nationwide mask mandate will be put in place. Trump supporters will be able to witness true leadership during a pandemic. It will be a refreshing change of pace from the dangerous incompetence of the Trump administration.

So yes, if you don't wear a mask you are a selfish, ignorant asshole. Come on people of Miles City. Be a patriot and slap on that KAG mask!


permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
-1
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1917) 23 days ago
Here is some mainstream media propaganda.

Top
Posted by ronaldr (+9) 22 days ago
Whatever- The Chinese Yuan is now tanking tonight because they now believe Trump will win and the tariffs he put in place will stay ..... making America more competitive in trade agreements. You guys don't know politics nor do you know economics either apparently .
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Lee Bauch (+251) 22 days ago
I didn't start this to be a political statement, in fact, I was hoping for something completely different. That said, I want to be safe, and I want to help stop or at least slow down the virus. No, we cannot stop it, but shouldn't we do all we can to slow it down. Air born--touching what other people have touched--all are factors, but again, if we all work together, we can at least have hope of slowing its progress. I still don't understand why it is considered a political statement. Does the virus care???I DON'T THINK SO
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
Posted by Tom S (+37) 22 days ago
Reply to tom regan (#380969)
tom regan wrote:
Tom S wrote:
Hanson once again a liberal proves what I just said. When they have nothing the name calling comes out. Bravo


Nothing but facts...and name calling.

Fact: Wearing cloth masks significantly reduces the spread of coronavirus. Wearing masks protects you and your neighbors.

If you're not wearing a mask in public, both in crowded outdoor situations, and indoors, you are helping spread the disease to your neighbors. Many of whom may become very ill and possibly die. The hospitals in Billing and Miles City are nearing capacity with people sick from coronavirus infections. This isn't a partisan issue. It's about protecting your community.

When Biden wins the election, a nationwide mask mandate will be put in place. Trump supporters will be able to witness true leadership during a pandemic. It will be a refreshing change of pace from the dangerous incompetence of the Trump administration.

So yes, if you don't wear a mask you are a selfish, ignorant asshole. Come on people of Miles City. Be a patriot and slap on that KAG mask!




So you continue to name call. That is why nothing you say holds any validity to me. You as a liberal go silent when you start calling people names just because they don't see things your way. There are those in medicine and science that say masks do absolutely nothing but you choose not to believe that. That's ok that is your right I choose to believe it. And that should be ok because that is my right. You don't see or hear me calling you or any other liberal names because they don't see things my way. You are supposed to be the tolerant group and people like me are supposed to be the tyrant but somehow I can't help but notice that is never the case.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Tom S (+37) 22 days ago
Reply to Lee Bauch (#380978)
Lee Bauch wrote:
I didn't start this to be a political statement, in fact, I was hoping for something completely different. That said, I want to be safe, and I want to help stop or at least slow down the virus. No, we cannot stop it, but shouldn't we do all we can to slow it down. Air born--touching what other people have touched--all are factors, but again, if we all work together, we can at least have hope of slowing its progress. I still don't understand why it is considered a political statement. Does the virus care???I DON'T THINK SO


All that is happening by "slowing it down" is you are prolonging the inevitable. When you take amedicine that tastes terrible do you take a little bit at a time over a period of an hour or do you take it all at once and get it over with?
Covid is going to makes its rounds before it goes away. I would rather see it go away in say 6 months than drag it out for 2 or 3 or more years. Our economy can not take that. It will send this country into a tail spin that we have not seen in decades. Cocid is going to kill people. But so are car accidents, flu, drunk drivers, other people, industrial accidents and on and on. People die. God put us on this earth and he gave us numbered days and only he knows that number. When you hit that number you are done, nothing is going to keep you here on earth. Doesn't matter if you are 2 days old or 100 years old.

[Edited by Tom S (11/4/2020 2:57:41 PM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
-2
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1917) 22 days ago
Tom S.

I haven't been able to find any sources of up-to-date information that says wearing a mask in public doesn't help stop the spread of coronavirus during this pandemic. Do you have a link to a website? I would be very interested in reading that article.

Thanks!
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15417) 22 days ago
The rationale not to throw away our masks and open up for business as usual is that our health care system is already on the brink. In Wisconsin they are opening up field hospitals.

I don't think we are talking about prolonging COVID for another 2-3 years. Just 6 more months, hopefully we will have a vaccine up and running by then. I can live with 6 more months of vaccines and restrictions on crowd size.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
Posted by Lee Bauch (+251) 21 days ago
Well the election is "almost" over. One way or another--Can we please start thinking of our health and put the political crap aside. Please help by at least wearing masks when shopping etc. PLEASE Miles City, lets work together
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
Posted by Living Large (+53) 6 days ago
Contact Dermatitis
CONTACT POINT Free Access
Surgical mask dermatitis caused by formaldehyde (releasers) during the COVID‐19 pandemic
Olivier Aerts Ella Dendooven Kenn Foubert Sofie Stappers Michal Ulicki Julien Lambert
First published: 28 May 2020 https://doi.org/10.1111/cod.13626Citations: 3
SECTIONSPDFPDF
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14353) 6 days ago
Like the storied New Orleans "aints" football team of yesteryear, some of you would be better off with a "be foxy, shop Reynolds" paper bag over your head.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3