Let the theocracy begin...
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14353) one month ago
“America’s founding documents are deeply inadequate to build a modern society upon precisely because they were meant for a slave state. Americans may not want to hear that, but it’s true”

https://eand.co/this-is-h...2360dd8df8
permalink   ·  vote tally
+6
Posted by Jerry e (-46) 28 days ago
Again what are talking about. India's had slavery before we got here slavery started with indentured servants. Gust the Democratic party was the one's fighting to keep it .In away they still do.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8543) 28 days ago
what the procreate are you talking about?

Can't wait to see democracy shoved up your ass sideways come tuesday evening.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15417) 28 days ago
Thanks for posting that article link, Richard. I found it thought provoking, and pretty much in line with my views.

Typing on my phone, but maybe I will dig up my thoughts on this subject that I posted a decade ago.

And, Jerry, you are still a racist.
+2
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1917) 27 days ago
Excerpts from the article that Jerry obviously didn't (can't) read.

In the Islamic world, religious extremism took hold exactly — exactly — the same way it is in America. Despair and unhappiness grew, as economies failed. Theocrats ascended to power — and politicians in league with them said exactly the same thing that Republicans say now of ACB. The mullahs? The ones from the weirdly named sects, like “the Army of Mohammed”?They’re not bad people — they’re men of abiding and deep integrity. They’ll responsibly interpret the law — not push religious law. They’re the last fair and decent people left in society. Don’t look at their personal lives — never mind those. They’re not relevant! Never mind what they preach and teach — that’s not germane. You can count on them to do the right thing!

Less than a decade later, Sharia Law ruled a non-negligible of the Islamic World. How did that come to be? It turns out that fanatics do more or less exactly what you might expect them to do, when they are given the powers of high office. They take the fanatical things they believe, and force them upon society. Why else do they believe those things in the first place?
+1