founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10627) 18 days ago
With the big jump in cases this weekend, I am really getting worried. I hate to quit my job and the leave the school in a lurch but with people's attitudes, I am genuinely afraid.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15059) 18 days ago
That's the sad reality of living in Trump country, Amorette. The Orange Dotard says it's just like the flu, neglecting to mention that he had a team of 20 doctors giving him every possible treatment under the sun.

I see Montana has the 3rd highest per capita rate of COVID-19 in the country, behind only the Dakotas. Miles City may as well be the capital of Western Dakota.

Meanwhile, here in Helena, hotbed of liberal Democrats, everyone wears masks. And Lewis and Clark County has probably the lowest per capita rate of COVID-19 of all the highly populated counties in the state.

Leave it to that dipsh!t Trump to politicize a simple public health measure like wearing mask in public.
+5
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15525) 18 days ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#380798)
If you think it's bad now, wait until 2-3 weeks after Thanksgiving. Turkey and pumpkin pie aren't the only things that will be passed around the holiday table.
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15059) 18 days ago
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10627) 18 days ago
Guess who is in quarantine for two weeks because kids don't wear masks?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15525) 18 days ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#380802)
Everyone?
+2
Posted by billiam79 (+20) 17 days ago
If teachers would actually enforce masks and all faculty would actually wear masks.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3355) 15 days ago
While visiting friends in Missoula a few weeks ago we saw a vast majority of people wearing masks. Sadly, that is the polar opposite here. I don't understand the lack of, if not, common sense then the common courtesy to protect ones fellows. The only explanation I can come up with is tRump and his sycophants. Has amerika really become a nation of cattle marching towards the abattoir, without being prodded.
+6
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1778) 15 days ago
Yes.
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1187) 14 days ago
Powder River County just had its first two deaths from this according to the Facebook site "Powder River Public Health" One might have been a former County Commissioner.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15525) 14 days ago
Reply to Don Birkholz (#380810)
Based on reading the Stevenson and Sons Funeral Homes website obituaries it seems like half the town of Lame Deer has been lost over the past couple of months. I'm not sure to what extent that is due to Covid-19.
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+1778) 14 days ago
Things are only going to get worse. With the holiday season fast approaching and the lack of mask wearing in Trump country.

https://nbcmontana.com/ne...r-covid-19
Posted by bh (+105) 13 days ago
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10627) 12 days ago
I am taking a leave from my job at school because I just cannot take the risk. The kids are often defiant because their parents are big on being anti-science and rude. Custer jumped by 13 the other day.
supporter
Posted by mikeh (+299) 12 days ago
I'm sorry to hear this. A bright spot here - MCC students and employees have been, on the balance, very good about wearing masks and respectful of reminders to do so. I worried quite a bit before the semester started about the risks of being back but the college has, at least while in the main building, been great.
+3
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1187) 11 days ago
Five deaths in the Powder River County nursing home in the last 9 days, possibly all involving Covid-19

The nursing home generally has around 20 or so residents.

[Edited by Don Birkholz (10/17/2020 5:33:03 PM)]