Scientific American
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14871) 8 days ago
I love how this esteemed publication has made its first presidential endorsement ever, in its 175 years of existence. For Joe Biden, of course, and against Trump, who doesn't believe in science.

Trump supporters, why do you hate science?
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
Posted by Jerry e (-34) 8 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380617)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
I love how this esteemed publication has made its first presidential endorsement ever, in its 175 years of existence. For Joe Biden, of course, and against Trump, who doesn't believe in science.

Trump supporters, why do you hate science?

That's like why do you believe in abortion. Scientists who tell the truth people don't believe them. And there's some that are really good. Then there's the one's telling what people what to hear.So it's up to the individual to make that choice. So maybe you should think before you Write . The why you come across you're wanting to get people mad .But what you did is made yourself look like an a-s .
Posted by tom regan (+1571) 8 days ago
Not only is Trump anti-science, he has placed dangerously idiotic sycophants in positions that guide important public health decisions. The head of communications at the Department of Health and Human Services accused scientists at the CDC of sedition, saying there are "resistance units" at the CDC because they are providing accurate information about the Coronavirus pandemic.

We are currently living through an "idiocracy", but with guns and fascists.

"But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes!"

https://thehill.com/polic...mid-uproar
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10508) 8 days ago
Science does not depend on belief. A lot of tRumpettes and similar idiots do not understand that. You can say you no longer believe in gravity but if you jump off a tall building, you will go SPLAT no matter what you believe on the way down.
+3
Posted by Jerry e (-34) 7 days ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#380624)
Amorette Allison wrote:
Science does not depend on belief. A lot of tRumpettes and similar idiots do not understand that. You can say you no longer believe in gravity but if you jump off a tall building, you will go SPLAT no matter what you believe on the way down.

Do you really believe what you just written. We all believe in science. Just that we believe what's true .if it wasn't for science we would still be living in caves. But what gets me is that there trying to get a vaccine for covid 19 . Isn't covid a virus like to comment cold. There's no cure for the cold Because it's a virus. So for covid isn't it a virus. So you shouldn't call people idiots because it makes you look like one .hope you're more smarter in live then here.
Reply to tom regan (#380621)
tom regan wrote:
Not only is Trump anti-science, he has placed dangerously idiotic sycophants in positions that guide important public health decisions. The head of communications at the Department of Health and Human Services accused scientists at the CDC of sedition, saying there are "resistance units" at the CDC because they are providing accurate information about the Coronavirus pandemic.

B.S
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14871) 7 days ago
Rejecting science again, Jerry? I feel the hate flowing through your soul.

Don't be a science hater, Jerry. Reject Trumpism and join the rest of us looking forward to a more magnificent nation.
+1
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+1101) 7 days ago
For all knuckle dragging illiterate morons who believe it is impossible to develop a vaccine for a virus might want to recall a viral disease that paralyzed a couple of my childhood friends. Poliomyelitis (polio) was a highly infectious viral disease that was all but eradicated by a vaccine. The problem is that you cannot develop a vaccine overnight. Does anybody recall another Republican lump, Gerald Ford, who forced a hurried swine flue vaccine in 1976 for political reasons? It sickened, killed and paralyzed a bunch of Americans. Trump redux.
+2
Posted by tom regan (+1571) 7 days ago
Reply to Jerry e (#380628)
Jerry e wrote:
tom regan wrote:

B.S

I discovered this fun interactive website the other day. You can click on any of the agency buildings and see the massive corruption and cronyism of the Trump administration. The EPA is really a hoot. And the HHS. Good times.

https://prospect.org/mapp...active#map

[Edited by tom regan (9/17/2020 6:51:24 AM)]
Reply to Hanson (#380630)
Hanson wrote:
For all knuckle dragging illiterate morons who believe it is impossible to develop a vaccine for a virus might want to recall a viral disease that paralyzed a couple of my childhood friends. Poliomyelitis (polio) was a highly infectious viral disease that was all but eradicated by a vaccine. The problem is that you cannot develop a vaccine overnight. Does anybody recall another Republican lump, Gerald Ford, who forced a hurried swine flue vaccine in 1976 for political reasons? It sickened, killed and paralyzed a bunch of Americans. Trump redux.

But abortion is ok.
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380629)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Rejecting science again, Jerry? I feel the hate flowing through your soul.

Don't be a science hater, Jerry. Reject Trumpism and join the rest of us looking forward to a more magnificent nation.

You mean a third world tip nation.
supporter
Posted by Robert Martelle (+403) 7 days ago
Why would anyone believe a self-admitted liar about COVID-19. Trump is on tape saying he did not “want the American people to panic”. Therefore he downplayed (lied) about the severity of the virus, its cause and possible actions to help prevent the spread. He has told so many lies that he cannot remember what lie he said in response to a given situation.

He is not our “great orange father” who knows what is best for us. He only knows what he thinks is best for him, his businesses and maybe his family. He deceives, divides, denigrates, and deflects every issue to his benefit and our detriment.

He has no qualifications to determine the severity of the virus, the means to mitigate or when or if a possible cure will be available. These issues are for qualified individuals (scientists and medical doctors). He has no background nor competence to address these issues. He will not even consult the experts, he just continually denigrates them as “confused” or not understanding the question.

If you truly believe him, I hear there is a sale on “purple kool-aid” at TrumpMart. Enjoy.
+5
Reply to Robert Martelle (#380634)
Robert Martelle wrote:
Why would anyone believe a self-admitted liar about COVID-19. Trump is on tape saying he did not “want the American people to panic”. Therefore he downplayed (lied) about the severity of the virus, its cause and possible actions to help prevent the spread. He has told so many lies that he cannot remember what lie he said in response to a given situation.

He is not our “great orange father” who knows what is best for us. He only knows what he thinks is best for him, his businesses and maybe his family. He deceives, divides, denigrates, and deflects every issue to his benefit and our detriment.

He has no qualifications to determine the severity of the virus, the means to mitigate or when or if a possible cure will be available. These issues are for qualified individuals (scientists and medical doctors). He has no background nor competence to address these issues. He will not even consult the experts, he just continually denigrates them as “confused” or not understanding the question.

If you truly believe him, I hear there is a sale on “purple kool-aid” at TrumpMart. Enjoy.

How if China would have let us no what happened the yes. So it's hard to reach when you don't no what you're dealing with. And what was the media's reporting on the. Or was covering the impeach more important the people's health. So yes he didn't want the public to panic. But after the witch hunt the media whipped the public a frenzy. So really the blame is really the media's doing. And it looks like you had enough purple kool aid yourself
Reply to Jerry e (#380636)
This post was removed 7 days ago.
It was removed because it was a duplicate.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14871) 7 days ago
Reply to Jerry e (#380632)
Jerry e wrote:
Hanson wrote:

But abortion is ok.

How many abortions do you think Trump has paid for over the years? I would set the over and under at 2.5.
+3
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1022) 6 days ago
I think the average would be higher if you include women under 18.
+2
Posted by tom regan (+1571) 10 hours ago
I hope there is a Fauci fan club. He deserves one.

He is great at putting the smack down on these anti-science, Trump loving moron Republicans.

https://www.theatlantic.c...da/616436/

+4
Posted by Jerry e (-34) 7 hours ago
Reply to Steve Sullivan (#380644)
Steve Sullivan wrote:
I think the average would be higher if you include women under 18.

Threw the government we all do.