Friday 9/11, 1 new COVID-19 case in Custer County
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+575) 12 days ago
At Ace Hardware this week it was good to see almost all customers wearing masks. One of the three I noticed without masks was a woman wearing a Holy Rosary Hospital uniform.

https://billingsgazette.c...f6fe2b0e35
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10508) 12 days ago
A school age child was tested and found to be positive. Second or third grader. Great. Can we get the kids to wear masks? Nope.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8441) 12 days ago
Well... the kids would probably be better about wearing masks if the adults actually bought into it
+4
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+575) 11 days ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#380595)
Why can't we get kids to wear masks? Have there been a lot of attempts and have all or most failed? I've seen some pictures in the nationwide news of kids wearing masks.

I'll bet even kids as young as first grade will wear masks if they see their teacher with a mask on. Maybe when it's hot and stuffy under the mask they'll pull it loose for a moment, but they'll have to be taught why it's important to wear it. Kids aren't stupid, and they are eager to learn what the teacher is showing them, so let's not throw in the towel on keeping them safe. Show kids what to do and praise them when they do it. They have to be protected.
+3