Great American Outdoors Act
Posted by tom regan (+1571) one month ago
Yesterday, Trump signed The Great American Outdoors Act into law. In a rare example of bi-partisanship, both the House and Senate overwhelmingly voted in favor of protecting our public lands. The Congressional delegations from both Montana and Colorado voted to send this bill to the President. Except for Scott Tipton, who lost his primary to Lauren Boebert, a restaurant owner from Rifle. https://laurenforcolorado.com/

I will not have the pleasure of voting him out of office this fall.

https://www.backcountryhu...ecomes_law

And yes, I am giving Trump credit for signing a historic piece of legislation.

permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14871) one month ago
Yes, congrats to both sides of the aisles for getting this done and thank you President Trump for signing.
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1769) one month ago
Reply to tom regan (#380441)
tom regan wrote:
Yesterday, Trump signed The Great American Outdoors Act into law. In a rare example of bi-partisanship, both the House and Senate overwhelmingly voted in favor of protecting our public lands....And yes, I am giving Trump credit for signing a historic piece of legislation.

Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Yes, congrats to both sides of the aisles for getting this done and thank you President Trump for signing.

Who the hell are you guys and what have you done with Tommy and Gunnar!!!
LARRY! PUT OUT AN APB!!!! QUICK!!! They've been kidnapped and re-programmed!!!
+3
supporter
Now, now, Shu....as I said in another thread, I probably agree with 20-30% of Trump's actions.

We moderates are far less committed to a particular ideology than the right wingnuts.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8441) one month ago
You can certainly thank a person who is generally garbage for doing the right thing when they do it, that's just being polite.
+2
Posted by Jerry e (-34) one month ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380458)
Bridgier wrote:
You can certainly thank a person who is generally garbage for doing the right thing when they do it, that's just being polite.

That is great. Also what I've heard he's moving all the drug manufacturing back to the U.S. sorry not the one's for Mexico. I no Bridgier that's a big disappointment to you.
supporter
Sure would be nice if a devoted conservative such as Shu could interpret Jerry's posts and repost in English so the rest of us can figure what he is trying to say.

Shu, you have made it your mission to defend this "human being". How about it?
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1769) one month ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380462)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Sure would be nice if a devoted conservative such as Shu could interpret Jerry's posts and repost in English so the rest of us can figure what he is trying to say.

Jeez, I defend the guy on ONLY TWO occasions and here you are thinking I'm his permanent guardian or something.

Amorette was rude to him on that "mask" thread when all he did was ask a question about preventing his glasses from fogging, so I called her out for her rudeness to him and I stand by that. Then when a few people were calling him "racist-racist-racist" I asked the accusers to back it up, and then David did, so I stood corrected.

If those 2 instances makes me his "designated defender" and you're not gonna change your mind about that, then so be it, but just watch and see if I bother to defend him going forward from here. I find it better to just let Jerry have the last incomprehensible word and leave him alone. Sadly, he reminds me of Shipley in that regard. I don't think it's a good idea to keep egging him on...and at the same time, I know it's HIS choice to keep trying to retaliate when he's not making much sense at all when he does so.

And for the record, I wouldn't call myself a "devoted conservative". I always refer to myself as "right of center". I don't take the Republican side on every single issue and I don't go to Fox for my news updates. There are a couple elections in which I did not vote for the Republican candidate, but voted for the Democrat OR an Independent candidate if I felt that person was a better fit for the job.
+3
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380462)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:

Not hard to figure out what drugs come from Mexico.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8441) one month ago
How did we get on topic of Mexican drugs again? This is why you don't waste time defending people who have proven themselves incapable of debating in good faith - you're just enabling them.
+4
Reply to Bridgier (#380469)
Bridgier wrote:
How did we get on topic of Mexican drugs again? This is why you don't waste time defending people who have proven themselves incapable of debating in good faith - you're just enabling them.

Well someone had to let you no.
supporter
Dem Mexicans and der dam drugs....ruinin my meth cooking...

Their aught beeya law.
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380471)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Dem Mexicans and der dam drugs....ruinin my meth cooking...

Their aught beeya law.

Well at least it was Montana made. It's best to keep it local. I did vote for medical marijuana. Didn't no it was going to be the way it was handle. I thought you would have to go to a pharmacy to get it. some people could use it
Posted by tom regan (+1571) one month ago
This is one of the reasons why the Trump administration is such a colossal failure. Using counterproductive or destructive policies in an attempt to destroy federal agencies. Moving the BLM headquarters to Grand Junction Colorado is idiotic. It's simply an attempt to lessen The BLM's ability to manage public lands. Maybe Gunnar or Richard have a different opinion on this, but it seems like an effort to prevent the protection and wise use of our public lands, and an attempt to hand them over to the states, or mining and oil and gas interests with little to no restrictions.

" 'The BLM’s poorly-executed relocation effort is a transparent attempt to weaken the agency and undermine the public servants who work there—or used to work there. There’s little to celebrate here. The Trump administration has hollowed out an entire agency to score a political point. Shedding a generation of civil service leadership does not help the American public, and I fear we’ll be bearing the consequences for years to come,' Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a vocal critic of the move, told The Hill in a statement."

https://thehill.com/polic...-west-over

And then there is the guy Trump wants to run the BLM. One of the original Sagebrush Rebels, William Perry Pendly. This POS doesn't even believe in the concept of public lands.

"Pendley has a long history of advocating for selling off public lands, penning books with titles such as 'War on the West: Government Tyranny on America’s Great Frontier' and 'Warriors for the West: Fighting Bureaucrats, Radical Groups, and Liberal Judges on America’s Frontier.' "

https://thehill.com/polic...blic-lands

I can't wait until Biden is President and we can truly drain the swamp.
+4