Posted by tom regan (+1571) one month ago
Here you go Trump supporters and other right-wingers. I have started a thread where you can sound off on all of the treason and corruption of the Obama administration. Please attach links to reputable sources of information. Not Fox News or other obvious right-wing rags like Breitbart, The Daily Caller, or The Daily Stormer. Or any news source affiliated with the Kock brothers. Thanks.

I'll start with this video.

permalink   ·  vote tally
+8
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14871) one month ago
But... but...but...but... Benghazi!

Der der der.
+5
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10508) one month ago
Did you see McConnell wearing a tan suit? I was stunned. I assume Faux News is up in arms about that.
:
+4
supporter
I finally watched this. Awesome work. My favorite is Faux NEWS outrage over the Obama's "date night" and how much it cost the taxpayers. Pennies in the buckets compared to how much the golfing orange walrus has cost the taxpayers.

Eagerly awaiting the usual downvotes from the tinhorn patriots who lurk around here but who never post. At least your whacked brother could contribute to the conversation.
+5
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14303) one month ago
Down votes are for needless trollish behavior.

-If you were a coal miner, in say, Colstrip, Roundup, or Gillette and your job, really nice house, and toy hauler full of recreational vehicles went away because the market crashed for what you helped produce due to changes in air quality standards, you might blame Obama for scandalous behavior.

-If you are a Native American, and your tribe bought in the the self-determination bait and switch, where your tribe took on additional 638 contracts and then the work contracted to be done was under/not funded, you might blame Obama for scandalous behavior.

-If you are a rancher, and had to remove dams or obtain permits for reservoirs or dirt-tanks your grandfather built, because you are somehow now in violation of the Clean water act, you might blame Obama for scandalous behavior

For the sake of clarity, I am NOT a Trump supporter. I have made it through the last 3.5 years without referring to him as "president". I want Agent Orange and his ilk G-O-N-E gone. I think Caiaphas in John 11:49 might have a point.

If you are content with being a curmudgeonly troll, carry on. You are doing an A+ job. It's probably not how your mother taught you to be a "good christian".

If, like me, you desire to be a source of healing and genteel speech and thought, then you need to change your rhetoric. If we want a better society, people need to be met and engaged where they are at and with the life experiences they have had. That is the starting point to frame the discussion and expand their thinking. Let's be and do better.
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8441) one month ago

-If you were a coal miner, in say, Colstrip, Roundup, or Gillette and your job, really nice house, and toy hauler full of recreational vehicles went away because the market crashed for what you helped produce due to changes in air quality standards, you might blame Obama for scandalous behavior.

-If you are a rancher, and had to remove dams or obtain permits for reservoirs or dirt-tanks your grandfather built, because you are somehow now in violation of the Clean water act, you might blame Obama for scandalous behavior

As my dad might have said, tough titty.
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+832) one month ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380438)
I don't know, if I owned a ranch in Montana, I might want to be able to collect some of its water (from the sky).
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14303) one month ago
Bridgier wrote:

The FUIGM mentality is a huge part of the problem. You regularly bitch about this when the shoe is on the other foot. Not going to ever have nice stuff if we don't help people overcome their perceptions and livelihood challenges.
supporter
Sorry if you are offended by my mocking of the radical right, Richard, but I gave up trying to have a conversation with them a couple of years ago. How do you discuss issues with someone who only believes in FOX propaganda, and dismisses everything else as fake news?

As a moderate, I probably agreed with 60 percent of Obama's policies, 40 percent against. You highlighted one of them, his administration overreach on the Clean Water Act. And I probably approve about 20-30 percent of what the Trump administration has accomplished.

But set that aside. The man is so pathetic, morally corrupt, and a total abject failure in every sense of the word, that at this point in time, I have given up any attempt at civil discourse with his minions. I am with Bridgier on this one.
+3
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1769) one month ago
Bridgier wrote:

I know he's been gone a couple years now, but I am sorry about the loss of your dad, Bridgier. He was a good man and I liked him a lot. I am also sorry that your Uncle Emil has COVID 19. Is he still alive? Hope he gets through it. Prayers sent...and yes, I do believe in that even though not every prayer is answered.

Richard Bonine:
For the sake of clarity, I am NOT a Trump supporter. I have made it through the last 3.5 years without referring to him as "president".

Not a huge deal, Richard, but I do know of at least one incident when you DID refer to him as that: "I get you don't like Trump. I don't either. But he is the President and we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future". This was your remark to MCD when she was doing one of her many crowded Trump-hate threads which eventually led to her ban from this website.

BUT I will add this: I absolutely DO agree with the point of your last couple posts:

"The problem in America today, is that we are all more invested in our position as partisan politicians than we are in being Americans. Everything these days is aimed at enhancing a political position instead of strengthening America...We ought to be focused on helping each other rather than the constant political tribalism that will not solve any of our challenges."

AMEN to that! I could not agree with you more.
+1
Posted by Jerry e (-34) one month ago
Bridgier wrote:

But there's water rights that they can not take. They been a establish for decades. They need to take the clean water and do away with it and do it on a local level. And why do we have to clean our air when China and other countries don't. Thanks to old sale out Trader Obama And his wing nut Joe. And as far as wind generators go. They kill more birds then what you think they do . And makes more energy to build then they produce . Now I no that this no part of this conversation. The what the liberals did to our forests. Now forests fires are harder to control because they won't let them to be logged. And Bridgier you must have been raised in some fairytale land. Or you don't get out much.
+2
Posted by tom regan (+1571) one month ago
Reply to Richard Bonine (#380436)
Richard Bonine wrote:
Down votes are for needless trollish behavior.

-If you are a Native American, and your tribe bought in the the self-determination bait and switch, where your tribe took on additional 638 contracts and then the work contracted to be done was under/not funded, you might blame Obama for scandalous behavior.

For the sake of clarity, I am NOT a Trump supporter. I have made it through the last 3.5 years without referring to him as "president". I want Agent Orange and his ilk G-O-N-E gone. I think Caiaphas in John 11:49 might have a point.

If you are content with being a curmudgeonly troll, carry on. You are doing an A+ job. It's probably not how your mother taught you to be a "good christian".

If, like me, you desire to be a source of healing and genteel speech and thought, then you need to change your rhetoric. If we want a better society, people need to be met and engaged where they are at and with the life experiences they have had. That is the starting point to frame the discussion and expand their thinking. Let's be and do better.

These are all great examples of policy disagreements, and differing of opinion on the use of environmental laws. Right-wingers are constantly complaining about treason in the Obama administration. I want to hear about that. "Genteel"...thanks for the laugh. I will return to genteel posts when the racists and facists are back in the closet.
+4