Looking for news article, obit, etc.
Posted by Bosworth (+8) 16 days ago
I just discovered that one of my ancestors lived (not sure how briefly), married & died in Miles City in 1908. Have marriage certificate & death certificate, and am fascinated by the fact that they are one day apart. Bessie Mae Bosworth married Gus Tengwall on October 9, 1908 and died on October 10, 1908. Wondering (if your libraries are open) if anyone might be able to look for any newspaper article or obituary from that time. Can send you some $ for your time via check or PayPal.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10330) 16 days ago
If you are not in a rush, I can check next time I'm at the Star. I am the history columnist for the newspaper so I can check the originals. No charge. The library is open and has all the issues on microfilm so if you are in a hurry, call 406-234-1496. I'm sure Jean or Gloria could help.
+3
Posted by Bosworth (+8) 14 days ago
No rush at all. Thank you for the offer! Do you need any more information from me?
Thanks!
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1159) 14 days ago
If you go to newspapers.com, click onto "Browse", in quotation marks write "Gus Tengwall", scroll down the states and click onto Montana, hit "Search" a few articles come up. One is from the Anaconda Standard from October 12, 1908. There is only a snippet since I am only browsing, and you have to pay for the entire article, but if you get hold of the article, it will shed some light on what happened.

[Edited by Don Birkholz (7/31/2020 6:25:03 AM)]
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10330) 13 days ago
If I have exact dates, it takes very little time but I won't be going into the Star until later in August. Although I now want to know the story myself.
+3