Foster Drug
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1190) 20 days ago
One of today's "treasures" is a collection of Foster Drug prescription bottles filled with vintage snap fasteners--most appear to be the "pearl" western fasteners (2 bottles of round and 1 of square). I refuse to address the question of how my Mom planned on using them all . . .

The questions I will ask:
- Does anyone remember when Foster Drug changed its name?
- Does anyone remember when we changed from screw on tops (like these have) to child proof ones (better known as "get a child to help you open them")?

My current plan is to empty said containers and sell snaps and containers separately. Of course, if anyone has a desire to hoard some snaps, I'm open to offers!

Thanks!

permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15183) 19 days ago
Reply to Karen L. Morris (#380292)
I believe Foster Drug became Big Sky Pharmacy in about 1973 when it was purchased by Ron Lee.

The Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970 was signed into law by President Nixon on December 31, 1970.
+1
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1190) 19 days ago
Reply to David Schott (#380298)
Thank you! I confess I still think of it as being "Foster Drug". It's hard to believe, too, that we've been struggling with the childproof bottles that long! Of course, it's hard to believe how old I am getting, as well!
+1
Posted by Wayne White (+263) 16 days ago
Is there still a lunch counter in Big Sky, I know Woolworths had one but I think Fosters did to.
+1
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1190) 16 days ago
Reply to Wayne White (#380336)
As I recall, after Mom finished getting her shot at the clinic upstairs, we were sometimes treated to a Coke at Foster Drug (usually, we had to settle for a sucker from the doctor's office; however, on occasion we were REALLY good and got a Coke)--at least that's how I remember it (long long time ago and kid's memories are sometimes not quite exact). The last time I was in Big Sky, it wasn't there any more.