Charlie Daniels....
Posted by TheDude (+389) one month ago
Charlie Daniels died this morning.I didn't agree much with his politics but man the guy could fiddle.One of my long gone Vietnam vet buddies always said that "Still in Saigon" was his favorite 'Nam song.....RIP Charlie
permalink   ·  vote tally
+5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) one month ago
My favorite CDB song:

+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1871) one month ago
Original "Long Haired Country Boy" not the later "sanitized" version
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14301) one month ago
Loved his music, hated his politics. Another life fukced up by "christianity".
+1
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1764) one month ago
Reply to Richard Bonine (#380069)
Richard Bonine wrote:

Don't know that this is completely intertwined with his politics, but I liked his "take no s h i t" attitude more than his music...which is saying something, because I liked his music, too.
+1
Posted by DJanssen (+94) one month ago
Reply to Richard Bonine (#380069)
Wow! I'd hate to think that Christianity may have affected his creativity (tongue in cheek)and work ethic. Right now I'm thinking you were abused by someone of supposed faith? Sorry to hear that if that's the case. Used this site as a search recently to find out when Charlie played at the mud pit in Miles City a few years back (84?)Was it Buddy Pauley Ride of Champions?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8413) one month ago
Meh. There's plenty of people making music that aren't garbage people on the side.
+1
Posted by Cbs (+114) one month ago
Reply to Shu Pius (#380077)
Shu Pius wrote:
Richard Bonine wrote:

Don't know that this is completely intertwined with his politics, but I liked his "take no s h i t" attitude more than his music...which is saying something, because I liked his music, too.

Richard sad you feel the way about Christianity. I don't group up going to church. maybe I was lucky. But since I be come a follower of Christ. It's open a hole knew life for me. I no the next life will be lot better .Guest for the record I'm glad you're on here. Always wondered about you.
Posted by DJanssen (+94) 29 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380121)
Meh, how about the mud Pit. Were you playing video games that night, would have been good to make you acquaintance. It was a great time.