No god and no gov will save you from COVID-19
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+527) one month ago
The Bozeman Chronicle reports that, as Montana hit yet another record daily increase in coronavirus cases yesterday, Gov. Steve Bullock said he "is concerned".

The state reported 67 new cases Thursday July 2nd, surpassing the record of 56 set earlier this week. The new cases bring the total number of active cases to 389 with 14 hospitalizations. Montana now has a total of 1,083 cases.

“I do have concerns about where our cases are headed, and we need Montanans to work together to get our hands around this virus now so we don’t have to take those steps backward,” Bullock said Thursday.

The governor apparently thinks requiring face masks would be a step backward. Never mind what the medical experts say.

So all together now, get your hands around this virus. If enough of you do that, will Bullock follow your lead?

The governor has hopes "that we can still get a grasp on the spread of the virus in our state — and we can if we do better as Montanans.” With 67 new cases yesterday, I hope Bullock will begin to grasp the fact that "doing better as Montanans", whatever he means by that, is of no help.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
Posted by super8bitable (+96) one month ago
Does he not realize how many people over here don’t give a poop? We need a mask requirement. Not just here, but everywhere. This whope country is doing a poor job dealing with this.

I only saw ONE person wearing a mask yesterday.

(Nice swear filter guys haha)
+4
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3204) one month ago
When we moved back to MC two months ago there were no reported cases in Custer county. We now have 34.

I see citizens of MC every time I go to the grocery store or Mal-wart enter and walk with impunity with no regard for social distancing or face covering. It really pisses me off. We now have two confirmed cases of Covid-19 here at Eagles Manor. If you are not willing to protect yourself, do it for the people that share the planet with you. Don't be a selfish bastard.
+10
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3017) one month ago
Curious about what we are facing, I read "Spillover" (2012) by David Quammen of Bozeman and followed that with "The Coming Plague" (1994) By Laurie Garrett who I see periodically on MSNBC. I really think that it would be so helpful if there was more effort to enlighten people as to the deadly danger of the Corona Virus. There is nothing political about it. Dr. Garrett's book goes into how our Planet has filled with people, what we have done to our environment and how all of that is related to what we are into now.

This was written at the end of the book, remember 1994, and is as follows: "While the human race battles itself, fighting over ever more crowded turf and scarcer resources, the advantage moves to the Microbes Court. They are our predators and they will be victorious if we, Homo Sapians, do not learn how to live in a rational Global Village that affords Microbes few opportunities. It is either that or we brace ourselves for the coming Plague."

We seriously need to listen to Dr. Fauci and the other Medical People and the Scientists. I believe that they are our only chance to get out of this terrible Pandemic. A Doctor yesterday said that we really need to do what New York did and then slowly pull ourselves out of the situation. The Economy cannot come back until we have succeeded in ridding ourselves of the dangers from the Corona Virus.
There is really nothing for us to argue about. She quotes I.F. Stone, "Either we learn to live together or we die together".

I commend Governor Bullock for closing things when he did. The issue now is that Covid still exists and will continue as is obvious until we do the right thing. If you doubt what I say, do read about it. I have gone from interest as to why the Eurasion Doves died in our back yard this Fall to learning about Zoonotic Viruses and now. Please stay safe.
+6
Jeri writes, "I really think that it would be so helpful if there was more effort to enlighten people as to the deadly danger of the Corona Virus."

I think people are aware, but have the "It will happen to everybody except me" attitude.

At Ace Hardware, Mr. Steadman was wearing a mask and I thanked him. I asked him why all his employees weren't wearing them and he just shrugged. Most of the people working back in the aisles were masked.

One young cashier with a mask on told me it was optional. I checked out with a different older cashier who had a sign on the counter "Practice social distancing". No plexiglass separating us. I asked her how I was supposed to distance myself and she said, "It's just for customers". I asked why she didn't have a mask and she said, "God will protect me." I said, "I'm not a believer, so who's going to protect me from you?" She: "God loves everybody." Me: "Then why is he having thousands of people die from the virus?" She: "He does that sometimes." True conversation!!

How can you enlighten someone like that? Everyone should be forced to wear a mask and keep away from other people. First offense $500 fine.

This little town is not a safe spot. There is no safe spot. Why isn't the governor doing his job?
+5
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3017) one month ago
Dick, You are right. Enlighten is the wrong word. I should have said Educated as the more you find out about it, the more you trust the Epidemiologists' advise. We are hearing the advise and as you point out, all are not implementing it.

The Governor is giving us information from our State Health Department. We, then, are responsible for using the information to work toward getting rid of the virus. It takes all of us to achieve that goal. Masks, Sheltering, Distancing, avoiding large gatherings, etc. Really not difficult. The alternative and that is being suggested as well, is to go back to total shutdowns. Not just Montana, all.

The Hamilton, MT Lab shared the following information which shows what we are dealing with. https://missoulian.com/ne...9f1d8.html
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10330) one month ago
They are doing better at Albertson's with masks, shields and distancing. I avoid Wal-Mart and have been avoiding Steadman's unless absolutely necessary. Considering how much time we are spending at home, we really should have accomplished more.
+1
Albertson's is good except for the fresh meat department.

Three times I've encountered their butchers unmasked. One was having an extended conversation with a customer, both of them unmasked and their faces a foot apart while they pawed through the meat trying to decide what she might buy.

I had someone summon the manager and I told him about it and also told him I was not buying any more meat packaged in the store. He said he would have a chat with them. I replied, "a chat?"

"Hey fellers, try not to sneeze on the meat too much cuz there's some whiny old guy out front - thinks you should cover your face with a mask. Oh, and if you should see one of your mates sneeze on the meat, don't forget to give him a shout out, "Bless you and bless the meat!" Nice chatting with ya, fellers."
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3204) one month ago
I had to shop at the evil empire (Wal-Mart) today, out of necessity. I would guess that 15% of the shoppers were wearing masks. 0% of the teenagers were masked and there was no social distancing effort.

I read this morning that states requiring masks were experiencing 85% fewer cases. Dick, I admire your willingness to confront the Idiocy. It baffles me that the simple act of putting on a mask to keep yourself and others safe is so hard to do.

I saw on the evening news where a young woman, not wearing a mask, entered a Trader Joes in a state that requires masks. She was confronted by ten to fifteen masked customers that literally ran her out of the store, taunting and pointing. I'll bet she bought a mask after that experience.
+5
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1190) one month ago
For those that don't think it's real or that we won't feel the impact here:

https://stevensonfuneralh...ockway-mt/

My condolences to the family.
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+818) one month ago
Reply to Tucker Bolton (#380164)
Actually Tucker, That person had a breathing problem and could not wear a mask because of it. I think she was even saying that in the video. I can wear a reg mask but the N95 masks give me some trouble especially when talking. I do wear one at Walmart if I'm there...
Posted by tom regan (+1465) one month ago
+4
Posted by tom regan (+1465) 29 days ago
Trump supporters, your cherished freedoms have now almost been completely taken away from you. You will now be required to wear masks in your favorite store. Walmart is now requiring masks for all customers.

https://corporate.walmart...-coverings

I can't wait for the internet videos of angry Walmart loving Trump supporters freaking out about this and berating the unfortunate Walmart greeters.
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14652) 29 days ago
It's all a giant plot by the Illuminati to discredit Trump.

+6
founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+818) 29 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380192)
Gunner, good cartoon , I will definitely wear my mask, esp at Walmart. I had a talk with buddy about it yesterday. He is a idiot on this and I couldn't help telling him that. Why is it even a thought not to.
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14652) 28 days ago
Reply to Earl Bennett (#380199)
Earl Bennett wrote:
Gunner, good cartoon , I will definitely wear my mask, esp at Walmart. I had a talk with buddy about it yesterday. He is a idiot on this and I couldn't help telling him that. Why is it even a thought not to.

Any chance said individual has initials that are the reverse of yours, Earl?

founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+818) 28 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380210)
Nope, I'll bet Bert would wear one, if not yep i'll call him an idiot too
over a