founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 14 years ago
I see that Karl Ohs passed away. I'm sorry to hear that. When he served in the legislature he seemed like a man who tried to do what he believed was good for Montana.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1278) 14 years ago
I met him during an event prior to him being elected regarding a position on the Governor's staff. He was a very nice man and seemed to understand things..... too bad the same can't be said of his runningmate.
Posted by Schmitz - Matt (+408) 14 years ago
I met Karl about 12 years ago or so, and sold him lots of flooring for his Harrison ranch home. Although he and I disagreed on just about everything political, I found him to be a truly nice man, easy to laugh, and a real pleasure to do business with. I believe that he might be the only politician I ever met that truly had the best interests of all Montanans foremost in his mind. (Although John Bolinger is a close second on that list) No agenda at all. Just do the right thing. How refreshing is that? Karl will be missed.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 14 years ago
"Horse Sense: Honor Ohs By Commending Those Who Lead With Civility[/l]"
By Charles S. Johnson
[i]Lee State Bureau

December 16, 2007
http://www.billingsgazett...38-ohs.txt
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17663) 14 years ago
Dang, you read a lot of newspapers, Hal.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+140) 14 years ago
Karl was a great man. Successful in politics, business and even more so as a family man. His quiet, calm demeanor inspired confidence and teamwork. He will be sorely missed by many.