Russian Interference
Posted by tom regan (+1557) 5 months ago
Lost in all the coronavirus news is the release of the Senate Intelligence Committee report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The Republican lead committee confirmed the intelligence community's assessment that Russia and Putin engaged in widespread interference to get Trump elected. Looks like Russian interference wasn't a hoax.

"Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., said in a statement that his panel “found no reason to dispute” the intelligence community’s conclusions, saying they reflected strong tradecraft and analytical reasoning."

Also, "The Senate says the information from Steele was not used in the body of the assessment or to “support any of its analytic judgments.” ".

https://apnews.com/d09491...4b16e613c7

https://www.intelligence....olume2.pdf
permalink   ·  vote tally
+6
Posted by Cnn (-17) 5 months ago
Can we just move on so tired here about it
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14865) 5 months ago
Reply to Cnn (#379485)
Cnn wrote:
Can we just move on so tired here about it

We're all sick and tired of Trump and ready to move on from that POS yet we can't.
+9
I think biden was involved with Ukraine. no big deal. How a his sexual harassment claim no big deal to . I see that people love to live in the past. And biden would have stuck is head in the sand on this pandemic. But if there was money to be made him and his son would be all over it. It no about use but him that hole party is selling use out But you can't see it . Your fake news lies like the Democrat part . If they had their way we'd be speaking Russian
+1
Posted by super8bitable (+104) 5 months ago
Reply to Cnn (#379501)
Cnn wrote:
I think biden was involved with Ukraine. no big deal. How a his sexual harassment claim no big deal to . I see that people love to live in the past. And biden would have stuck is head in the sand on this pandemic. But if there was money to be made him and his son would be all over it. It no about use but him that hole party is selling use out But you can't see it . Your fake news lies like the Democrat part . If they had their way we'd be speaking Russian

Define “fake news” other than just “news criticizing the president for doing a bad job”.
+2
No it's about misleading the people. Don't people realize that the Democratic party is all about power and control over the people. Thay are working to take ower second amendment rights. So they can go after the first amendment . That's the one thing I would bet money on. Just to give you something to think about
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15318) 5 months ago
Reply to Cnn (#379503)
+3
Posted by tom regan (+1557) 5 months ago
Reply to Cnn (#379501)
Cnn wrote:
I think biden was involved with Ukraine.

You are correct. Biden was involved with Ukraine. Joe Biden fired the Ukrainian chief prosecutor that refused to investigate government corruption. Including alleged corruption in connection to the company Hunter Biden was working for.

https://www.reuters.com/a...SKBN1WX1P7

I find it interesting that Trump supporters are so concerned about nepotism with Joe and Hunter, but say nothing about Jared Kushner and Ivanka working for the White House.
+5
Tom your right.family should no work in the white house.
+3
Posted by ronaldr (+16) 4 months ago
Biden got the prosecutor fired who WAS investigating the corruption with Biden's son Hunter and the Company he was receiving large compensation from for doing nothing...AND he used the withholding of American "assistance" dollars to coerce the government to fire the prosecutor..... THEN he even bragged about doing it on tape ----not something to be proud of... this gave the world a quick, small glimpse into how these politicians line their pockets....they shuttle billions of our tax dollars they take from us to foreign governments but as part of the deal, they, or their relatives get "compensated" for "consultation work" from these governments or government backed businesses, that they never actually do.
+3
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15318) 4 months ago
Reply to ronaldr (#379527)
Cool story, Ronaldo. Too bad it's not true. Vice President Biden was in Ukraine at the behest of and with bipartisan support from the United States Congress:

https://www.portman.senat...tment-help
+3
Posted by ronaldr (+16) 4 months ago
David - Your link leads to a web page for Senator Rob Portman...a Republican from Ohio - and reads "Article Not Found" .... I never said what then VP Biden was over there for, not sure how you drew that conclusion. I was just saying he withheld funds unless the guy was fired. Sort of what the DEMS threw a fit over with that phone call from Pres. Trump and Pres. Volodymyr
+2
founder
The Senate.gov website was undergoing maintenance earlier and may still be. I copied the text of the press release below.

The fact is when Vice President Biden was leaning on Ukraine he was doing so at the direction of the United States Congress.

When Donald Trump was leaning on Ukraine (and subsequently lying about it, by the way), he was subverting the will of the United States Congress.

Hunter Biden is a Yale-educated attorney specializing in international law. What was it you were saying about him?

Portman's press release:

February 12, 2016 | Press Releases

Washington, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), co-chairs of the bipartisan Senate Ukraine Caucus, and Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on European Affairs spearheaded a letter expressing concern to Ukrainian President Poroshenko regarding the recent resignation of Minister of Economy Aivaras Abromavi?ius, who has alleged that corruption remains a dire challenge within the Ukrainian political system. In the letter, Portman, Durbin, and Shaheen said they recognized the challenges facing the Ukrainian government two years after the Maidan brought positive change to Ukraine. They also reaffirmed their commitment to help President Poroshenko confront the duel threat posed by Russian aggression in Ukraine as well as entrenched corruption in the government and to create a transparent and democratic government. The letter was also signed by Senators Ron Johnson (R-WI), Chris Murphy (D-CT), Mark Kirk (R-IL), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), and Sherrod Brown (D-OH).

“We recognize ‎that your governing coalition faces not only endemic corruption left from decades of mismanagement and cronyism, but also an illegal armed seizure of territory by Russia and its proxies,” the senators wrote. “Tackling such obstacles to reforms amidst a war and the loss of much of southeastern Ukraine’s economic productivity is a formidable challenge -- one which we remain committed to helping you overcome.”

Full text of the letter can be found below.

Dear President Poroshenko,

As members of the U.S. Senate Ukraine Caucus and strong supporters of your government, we write to express our concern regarding the recent resignation of Minister of Economy Aivaras Abromavi?ius‎ and his allegations of persistent corruption in the Ukrainian political system.

During the past year, Mr. Abromavi?ius and his team implemented tough but necessary economic reforms, worked to combat endemic corruption, and promoted more openness and transparency in government. He was known to many of us as a respected reformer and supporter of the Ukrainian cause. Minister Abromavi?ius‎’s allegations raise concerns about the enormous challenges that remain in your efforts to reform the corrupt system you inherited.

We recognize ‎that your governing coalition faces not only endemic corruption left from decades of mismanagement and cronyism, but also an illegal armed seizure of territory by Russia and its proxies. Tackling such obstacles to reforms amidst a war and the loss of much of southeastern Ukraine’s economic productivity is a formidable challenge -- one which we remain committed to helping you overcome.

Succeeding in these reforms will show Russian President Vladimir Putin that an independent, transparent, and democratic Ukraine can and will succeed. It also offers a stark alternative to the authoritarianism and oligarchic cronyism prevalent in Russia. As such, we respectfully ask that you address the serious concerns raised by Minister Abromavi?ius‎. We similarly urge you to press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary. The unanimous adoption by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Basic Principles and Action Plan is a good step.

We very much appreciate your leadership and commitment to reform since the Ukrainian people demonstrated their resolve on the Maidan two years ago, and we look forward to continued cooperation in the future.
+5
Posted by tom regan (+1557) 4 months ago
Reply to ronaldr (#379527)
ronaldr wrote:
Biden got the prosecutor fired who WAS investigating the corruption with Biden's son Hunter and the Company he was receiving large compensation from for doing nothing...AND he used the withholding of American "assistance" dollars to coerce the government to fire the prosecutor.....

You have it exactly backwards. Under the direction of Congress (see David's post above), the IMF and the European Union, Biden forced the firing of the prosecutor because he WASN'T doing enough to investigate corruption in Ukraine. And yes, the financial assistance was being withheld until he was fired.

I agree that Hunter Biden should not have been working for Burisma while his Dad was in the process of helping Ukraine deal with corruption issues. He probably should have resigned his position. But, just because it looks bad doesn't mean it was illegal. It's not like Biden tried to force Ukraine to investigate Trump to help his presidential campaign or something. That would be a blatant abuse of power.
+5
Posted by Cnn (-17) 4 months ago
Sounds like the some of the government was corrupt right. So don't you think it was wise to make sure the money was going into the right hands
"Vladimir Putin dreams of discrediting the American democratic system, and he will never have a more reliable ally than Donald Trump. A democracy can’t defend itself if it can’t honestly describe the attacks against it. But the president hasn’t just undermined his own country’s defenses—he has actively abetted the adversary’s efforts. If Russia wants to tarnish the political process as hopelessly rigged, it has a bombastic amplifier standing behind the seal of the presidency, a man who reflexively depicts his opponents as frauds and any system that produces an outcome he doesn’t like as fixed. If Russia wants to spread disinformation, the president continually softens an audience for it, by instructing the public to disregard authoritative journalism as the prevarications of a traitorous elite and by spouting falsehoods on Twitter."

https://www.theatlantic.c...cy/610570/
+4
Do really believe that. Yes if Hillary was in she's was one step away of being a commences
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2770) 4 months ago
WTF is a commences? God, cnn. You do realize you can correct your posts before you send them, don't you?
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10501) 4 months ago
I can't decide if Cnn has a learning disability or a drinking problem but nothing he writes makes sense. I just ignore him.
+3
Well it seems like you live under a rock. and dealing with you I bet people take up drinking
+1
Bob this was what kids did on the play ground. A can you have a conversation with out the bad language.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14865) 4 months ago
Foul language or not, at least Bob, and 99 percent of the posters here post in intelligible English.

We don't knock people on spelling or grammar. It's only when your posts are truly unintelligble, as indicated by your track record.Time and time again, those of us who know how to read cannot grasp on what you are trying to communicate.

Do you have a friend or family member who can help you with your posts?
+2
Posted by Frank Burns (+174) 4 months ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#379611)
Amorette Allison wrote:
I can't decide if Cnn has a learning disability or a drinking problem but nothing he writes makes sense. I just ignore him.

+2
So this is a one sided conversation. Sorry I can't agree on what your saying I've read some peoples posts rating and raving calling people stupid or low IQ and your ok having them say that there stumped or low IQ. So in the future do reframe from those comments. If you don't like peoples comments don't post It should be okay to liked trump with out being called stupid .but you do. And yes I can post by my self. And yes so of my posts where random thoughts .So are some others.
+1
Frank I like your humor
So gunner did you all get together and go over my post and they voted you to be there spoke person. Or did you just assume that what people are thinking. And you're last comment was it really necessary.
+1
supporter
Reply to Cnn (#379619)
Cnn wrote:
So this is a one sided conversation. Sorry I can't agree on what your saying I've read some peoples posts rating and raving calling people stupid or low IQ and your ok having them say that there stumped or low IQ. So in the future do reframe from those comments. If you don't like peoples comments don't post It should be okay to liked trump with out being called stupid .but you do. And yes I can post by my self. And yes so of my posts where random thoughts .So are some others.

I think this succinctly summarizes my feelings on the matter, "cnn"

https://medium.com/slush-...cdd5af74be

Heck. It is worthy of copying and pasting. So here it is.

An anguished question from a Trump supporter: ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

Here’s what the majority of anti-Trump voters honestly feel about Trump supporters en masse:

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought “Fine.”

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, “Okay.”

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, “No problem.”

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, “Not an issue.”

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn’t care, you exclaimed, “He sure knows me.”

That when you heard him relating a story of an elderly guest of his country club, an 80-year old man, who fell off a stage and hit his head, to Trump replied: “‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away. I couldn’t — you know, he was right in front of me, and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him. He was bleeding all over the place. And I felt terrible, because it was a beautiful white marble floor, and now it had changed color. Became very red.” You said, “That’s cool!”

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was funny.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn’t read books, you said, “Well, who has time?”

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn’t commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, “That makes sense.”

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, “Yes!”

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man’s coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, “What a great guy!”

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, “Thumbs up!”

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, “That’s the way I want my President to be.”

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they’re supposed to be regulating and you have said, “What a genius!”

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, “That’s smart!”

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was in the middle of water and you have said, “That makes sense.”

That you have seen him start fights with every ally from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, “falling in love” with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, “That’s statesmanship!”

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas — he explains that they’re just “animals” — and you say, “Well, OK then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand-and-one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don’t get, Trump supporters, is that our succumbing to frustration and shaking our heads, thinking of you as stupid, may very well be wrong and unhelpful, but it’s also…hear me…charitable.

Because if you’re NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.
+8
supporter
Reply to Cnn (#379626)
Cnn wrote:
So gunner did you all get together and go over my post and they voted you to be there spoke person. Or did you just assume that what people are thinking. And you're last comment was it really necessary.

Lets examine your post:

Yes if Hillary was in she's was one step away of being a commences

WTF is a "Commences?" Commencement speaker? Commerce secretary? Hay-zeus H. Christo man, this is BRAIN-slapping stupid. As you keep posting this stuff, I have been getting several private messages on whether you are a troll or not. I can't decide. If you are not a troll, I suggest stop sniffing glue.
+8
There you go again. degrading people that don't think like you. And the word stupid and troll .funny how fixated some of you people are with them. You mentioned cages. who had them built. And if you want to no of people sniffling glue .look at the democratic party now there's heavy sniffling there. And I posted the Hillary comment was just a no nonsense post like some of your posts.
+1
founder
Reply to Cnn (#379629)
Always the victim, "Cnn". Reminds me of someone else I know.
+4
You just explain a lot of people on here
+1
supporter
So, "Cnn" you are saying that in your earlier post that "commences" = "comments". It still makes zero sense.

Original post:

Yes if Hillary was in she's was one step away of being a commences.

Revised post:

Yes if Hillary was in she's was one step away of being a comments.

Mind bogling amazement. Jaws are dropping. You are absolutely breathtaking in your caricature as a typical Trump supporter.

I will stop using the term "stupid" when exchanging with you here, my special friend.
+2
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1389) 4 months ago
It disturbs me that I think he may have meant "communist". Not necessarily because he said or meant it, more along the lines that I could think I may be right
Gunnar that is so touching.
Communist yes that's the word I was going for thanks
It is truly sad and pathetic, the lengths Trump will go, to try and distract from his massive incompetence dealing with the coronavirus pandemic. Unmasking Flynn was not a crime. The Mueller investigation into Russian interference was completely justified. Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI, twice. He is guilty. The true scandal is Trumps complete lack of leadership and distraction. And of course, Fox New and all his followers eat it up. Even Senate Republicans want nothing to due with Trumps latest conspiracy theory. Pathetic. My hope is that Biden doesn't even acknowledge this other than saying it is the insane rantings of a desperate man.

https://www.forbes.com/si...8719c528bd
+4
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1769) 4 months ago
Mary Catherine....er, I mean Tommy. MOVE ON ALREADY!

Seriously, you're flooding this website with a lot of hate posts and it's getting old. Yes, you hate Trump and he's a lousy president. We get it.

The next election will hopefully be in November (IF the pandemic doesn't cause it to be postponed). When it happens, vote for the other candidate. There's your solution.

SHEESH!!!
supporter
"Hate" posts? I would characterize them as truth posts. The more people who exposes the Trump lies (I believe we are over 18,000 now), the better democracy is served.
+7
Reply to Shu Pius (#379640)
Shu Pius wrote:

Seriously, you're flooding this website with a lot of hate posts and it's getting old. Yes, you hate Trump and he's a lousy president. We get it.

Five posts in two weeks is hardly flooding. If the content or tone of my posts displeases you, don't read them.

Criticizing the president is an American tradition. I mostly ignored the hate and vitriol spewed toward Obama for 8 years by Fox News and right wingers.
+2
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1769) 4 months ago
Reply to tom regan (#379643)
Five posts in two weeks is hardly flooding. If the content or tone of my posts displeases you, don't read them.

Criticizing the president is an American tradition. I mostly ignored the hate and vitriol spewed toward Obama for 8 years by Fox News and right wingers.

Five posts in 2 weeks, 18 posts in the last month, more than that in the months prior. The point is it's frequent, it's repetitive, and your diatribes remain at the top of the forum list because you do keep adding to them again and again and again. The only difference between you and Mary Catherine is she kept adding article, photo and video links sometimes 10- or 15-at-a-time with no responses. To your credit, at least you're not piling on THAT many at once.

My point is, we get it, ok?...I think we got it somewhere around 50 posts ago. You've sounded like a broken record since then (so have Gunnar and David). Just sayin.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10501) 4 months ago
I do love it when conservatives claim Hilary Clinton made huge piles of money off shady uranium deals (she didn't) and then claim she is a communist (she isn't.) Communists don't hoard money like Republicans. That's the whole point of communism.

It's like tRump and his "presidents are above the law" but "Obama must be prosecuted for crimes he didn't commit." Gotta love the inability to hold two thoughts in their little pea brains at once.
+2
founder
Clicks on post titled "Russian Interference", complains about the messages he sees.
+2
No Obama had another people do is drity work for him. And for the Clinton's where did all the money raised for Hati go. Alot didn't make it there.
+2
supporter
Thanks for posting, CNN! You deserve a participation badge!
And I'd wear it proudly.
Posted by tom regan (+1557) 2 months ago
Trump sure looks out for his fellow swamp dwellers. You can get convicted of lying to federal prosecutors numerous times about contact with the Russians and Trump will still set you free.

https://www.washingtonpos...rc404=true

https://www.npr.org/2020/...holars-say
+1