Miles City Health Care Clinic?
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1054) 3 months ago
I discovered two of these. I recall Garberson Clinic from my youth; however, I was gone for quite a few years and don't recall exactly when and what it transitioned into. Based on the other contents, my "best guess" for time frame on the Miles City Health Care Clinic is late 1970s to 1980s--this could, however, be wrong. Does anyone know anything about the Miles City Health Care Clinic?

Thanks!

permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14985) 3 months ago
Reply to Karen L. Morris (#379241)
Perhaps the Miles City Clinic located on the southeast corner of N Jordan Ave. and Clark Street?
+1
supporter
Reply to David Schott (#379242)
That would be across from the old hospital? I seem to remember that was Garberson Clinic at one time; however, I could easily be wrong. It may also have changed its name. It's been so long ago. . .
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14985) 3 months ago
Reply to Karen L. Morris (#379243)
Garberson Clinic was located in the Miles City Plaza in my time. Today it is called the Garberson Building. It's located near the old barn-shaped Dairy Queen building.
+2
supporter
Reply to David Schott (#379244)
I remember it being there in the Plaza; however, I thought it was across from the old hospital before that . . .
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+950) 3 months ago
Before the Plaza location, the Garberson Clinic was located above the Foster Drug Store (now Big Sky Pharmacy). Its entrance was on 7th Street.
+1
supporter
Reply to Hanson (#379247)
I remember going there with my Mom. We always got suckers if she was good.

For some reason, I was thinking it had an interim location after being above Foster Drug and before going to the Plaza. Of course, I'll be the the first to admit it's been a LONG time and memories of children aren't always clear on details (other than, of course, getting a sucker).
+1
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1333) 3 months ago
The logo on the hat looks like an older one of Deaconess / Billings Clinic
+1
supporter
Reply to Dave Roberts (#379249)
Maybe this was a predecessor?
founder
supporter
sponsor
Dr. Winter's obit https://stevensonfuneralh...iles-city/ states he participated in the merger of Garberson & Billings Clinics, but I'm still not sure of when Deac/BC came to Miles.

Mom (31 years Deac/BC in Billings) is digging into it
+2
founder
supporter
sponsor
Nothing definitive, but she knows that BC had that logo in '93. Google Earth shows vacant land at the current BC site in '98 and operational clinic in '02

All I know for sure is that there was a clinic, possibly Garberson, where N Strevell crossed into DQ/Buttrey's parking lot and it was between me and maple/Dilly bars
+1
supporter
Reply to Dave Roberts (#379252)
Thanks! I believe that was Garberson Clinic. I loved Dilly Bars and Buster Bars, too! I also remember ice cream cones for a dime and baby cones were free.
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14231) 3 months ago
Miles City Clinic was across the street from the old hospital. Dr. Stickney and Dr. Randall were in there as well as Dr. Rowen the eye doctor. My grandpa had a satellite pharmacy there as well for a while.

Shortly after the Garberson location in the plaza was built, Stickney moved to the new Garberson location. As Hanson said, Garberson Clinic was upstairs above Foster Drug. I think Dr. Matheson was in the upstairs location. I remember being up there only one time.

I think sometime in the late 70's or early 80's Miles City Clinic became Miles City Healthcare and they formed some sort of alliance with Deaconess in Billings.
+3
supporter
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#379254)
Thank you! I left in 1976 and was only back briefly around 1980 (waiting for my household goods to come from Germany--the Army sent them to Texas first ). I didn't come back (other than brief visits) until 1999. I had a feeling it happened during my "gap period".
+1