Posted by StoveGirl (+188) 17 years ago
In the last week or so we have heard here that milk prices will be rising all over the US. Milk here in Nebraska has now risen to close to $4.00 a gallon. How about yours?
founder
Posted by Larry Antram (+178) 17 years ago
Here in Redmond, QFC has milk on sale $1 for a 1/2 gallon and Larry's Market has it on sale 97 cents for 1/2 gallon. Not sure what it would be otherwise.

[This message has been edited by Larry Antram (edited 5/5/2004).]
Posted by StoveGirl (+188) 17 years ago
I had heard that one of the stores in Lincoln NE had half gallons on sale for .99 and within an hour, they were out. As somewhat of a joke, the radio station in Lincoln plans on giving away milk during their morning show. At least people are having a sense of humor about it.
Posted by Brady Stone (+165) 17 years ago
Ya, milk is going up so is the price of gas, wood products, metal. Skyrocketing-isn't the trickle down theory working well? I hope that they give all the bilionaires more tax breaks they could use it.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1758) 17 years ago
Our family goes through a gallon of milk a day, so I regret the increase. On the other hand, how many of you have paid a dollar or more for less than a quart of water from the store? The dairy farmers that raise cows, milk them twice a day, work 365 days a year deserve the extra income- though I suspect most of the added price will go to middlemen and distributors. It's a sad state of affairs when water costs more than milk.