"Un-christian?" What the. . .?
Posted by Dick Ellingson (+169) 2 months ago
Why are people such as politicians, when Sunday morning christians don't agree with them, called un-christian? Is that supposed to be a pejorative? To me, it's a high compliment.

According to Wikipedia, many members of congress, past and present, practice or practiced Judaism. Among them are Charles Schumer, Jacob Javits, Barbara Boxer, Richard Blumenthal, Bernie Sanders, Dianne Feinstein, Adam Schiff, David Cicilline, Kim Schrier, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Anthony Weiner, Jerry Nadler etc.

When any of the above do things we don't like - pass bad laws, run around on their s.o.'s, make rude, harmful statements, even commit crimes - have you heard or seen them referred to in the news as un-jewlike or a bad example of a jew? I think it's more likely you'd privately hear, "What do you expect from a jew?" or "That's a jew for ya!"

In our more ethnically diversified congress, will it be, "allah would be so ashamed of her" or "he's so unlike a good muslim"? More likely, "Well, you let 'em in the country, don't blame me." "They're always sayin' stuff, and they dress funny too."

Did you ever hear anybody called a bad buddhist? How about those mormons, unitarians and atheists? What do we call them?

People such as my sister, my two ex-wives, and Donald Trump are big-time christians. They disparage, disdain and disregard everyone who is not them.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13070) 2 months ago
I find it amazing that anyone who calls themselves a Christian can support a despicable human being like Donald Trump. If there's any who violates the teachings of Jesus Christ on a regular basis, it's The Donald.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+7