Gun owners
Posted by Cheryl Gaer-Barlow (+445) 6 months ago
Just wanted to tell you: Don't know if this will ever happen in Montana, but here in New Mexico the local Lion's Club hosts a huge annual Gun and Collectible show.They were denied advertisement in the local paper and law enforsement took down all their advertising signs because the word "GUN" was no longer allowed.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2458) 6 months ago
What a bunch of snow flakes, offended over a word. Don't like it move along you don't have to have everything your way.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13478) 6 months ago
This would be stupid. If it were true. I ran a google search and can find no mention of this happening. Sounds like Facebook "news" to me.
+2
There are several phone numbers and e-mail addresses under the Ruidoso Noon Lions Club, Ruidoso New Mexico to varify this. Don't do Facebook or get news items off the internet. The newspaper will not exploit this. I'm not a radical. Just passing on truthful information.
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14026) 6 months ago
Reply to Cheryl Gaer-Barlow (#378175)
Cheryl, what was your source for this information?
I attended the show and talked with about 10 exhibitors who were extremely upset about the advertising being taken down over the use of the word "GUN". I just got off the phone with the Lion's Club and they are meeting with the Mayor tomorrow but as of now, the official reasons are not being disclosed. Evidently there is more to it than I was made aware and maybe the exhibitors were not given all the facts. Looks as though I jumped the gun with rumors (pun). Sorry I extended the gossip. If this is made clear, I'll explain it at a later time. Please let it ride until I find out the truth. Thanks.
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13478) 6 months ago
Thanks for coming clean, Cheryl. We all make mistakes. Given the divisiveness that exists this country, it is important to not fan the flames.

Unless, of course, you are the Divider in Chief. Then, tweet away!
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14056) 6 months ago
-

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/29/2019 8:38:52 PM)]
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8278) 6 months ago

They were denied advertisement in the local paper and law enforsement took down all their advertising signs because the word "GUN" was no longer allowed.

Stop, I can only get so erect!
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2549) 6 months ago
If it keeps up for over four hours, call a doctor.