Fun Facts about Border Security
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) one year ago
1. The number of successful illegal entries along the southwest border has decreased 90% since 2000.



2. Two-thirds of the illegal immigrants in the U.S. entered this country legally, but have overstayed their visas. In 2016 (latest year with available data), 628,799 people overstayed their visas, while an estimated 170,000 entered the U.S. illegally outside of the border entry location.

3. For those of you who are not good at math, that means a border wall would make absolutely no difference to the 79% of illegal immigrants who enter this country legally but overstay their welcome.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+7
Posted by tom regan (+1432) one year ago
Thank you for banning RR01. This is a family-friendly discussion board. No one wants to read about RR01's transvestite fetish.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+6
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) one year ago
Anyone planning on watching President Cheetoh lie on national television tomorrow night? I would like to see a small screen of him, with a larger screen showing a fact checker saying "wrong" over every lie the national disgrace utters.

I do have to take back my earlier pronouncements that at least Trump is better than Pence. I still despise Pence, but Trump's gross incompetence has converted me to the "he's got to go" faction.
Top
Posted by nativemc (+410) one year ago
Gunner, I have to agree with you. Fact checking during speech would be great. Then his followers would have to see it too. I would like to watch but my wife hates his voice so much I am not sure I will be able to. Maybe I can send her to the neighbors. lol
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+995) one year ago
Mr. stable genius is feeling unloved so he is going on national TV. Because he is feeling unloved, I propose that he be provided the warm firm embrace of a straight jacket.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) one year ago
One of my Trump-loving Republican friends called me out for calling Trump a liar last night, saying I get my "facts" from CNN or CNBC. No, I rely on the fact checkers from Fox News to confirm that Trump is a liar.



P.S. Larry, that is some awesome coding!
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
supporter
Posted by Robert Martelle (+320) one year ago
The insanity has hit our legislature. Now Scott Sales, Montana Senate President, wants to appropriate $8 million Montana tax dollars for the President's border wall. (KRTV.com) He also wants to pass a legislative resolution expressing support for construction of the wall.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) one year ago
Reply to Robert Martelle (#377744)
Just when you think Republicans can't get any dumber.....BAM!

I just love it. A gambling website set the over/under on how many lies Trump would tell during his 9 minute speech on the border wall Tuesday night at 3.5. A rush of bets took the over. Betters were risking $145 just to win #100 if they took the over. The anointed decider, the Washington Post fact checker, counted 6 lies. The website lost over $270,000.

https://www.independent.c...20001.html

Man, I would have taken the over on that, any day of the week.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2780) one year ago
Gunnar. You think THAT was dumb! Scott Sales, president of the MT Senate, wants to send 8 million bucks from our stat's taxpayers to fund the wall.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
supporter
sponsor
Posted by atomicg (+994) one year ago
I could cut a hole in that wall (steel or concrete) with gear that would fit in the back of a small sedan that most people could buy with just a paycheck (or two). Thousands of miles of remote terrain, leave anything alone and people will find a way to thwart it. It's just silly. The whole thing is just silly.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+4
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15172) one year ago
Those devil scientists claim the wall is way older than the wheel.

permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) one year ago
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14301) one year ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#377745)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Just when you think Republicans can't get any dumber.....BAM!

I just love it. A gambling website set the over/under on how many lies Trump would tell during his 9 minute speech on the border wall Tuesday night at 3.5. A rush of bets took the over. Betters were risking $145 just to win #100 if they took the over. The anointed decider, the Washington Post fact checker, counted 6 lies. The website lost over $270,000.

https://www.independent.c...20001.html

Man, I would have taken the over on that, any day of the week.


The first lie was when he said "Good Evening".
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by tom regan (+1432) one year ago
I appreciate John Oliver. He backs up his commentary with research and facts, unlike Fox News, The Daily Caller and other similar news sites Trump likes to quote. If nothing else, this is worth watching because of John Oliver's' imitation of a pygmy owl.



[Edited by tom regan (1/15/2019 6:05:40 PM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
Posted by tom regan (+1432) 14 days ago
Another failure by Trump.

permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15172) 14 days ago
That's embarrassing.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 13 days ago
Some country's shoot people interning illegally. What a good deterrent that would be. Cheaper than a wall ?
Top
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 13 days ago
So when will sleepy Joe and Trump going to debate. Hope the person narrating it won't be bought off by the democratic party like the last ones. Where has Joe been lately.? He's probably getting his strings attached so his puppet masters can put him to work if he wins.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
-2
Posted by tom regan (+1432) 13 days ago
Reply to Jerry e (#380330)
Jerry e wrote:
So when will sleepy Joe and Trump going to debate. Hope the person narrating it won't be bought off by the democratic party like the last ones. Where has Joe been lately.? He's probably getting his strings attached so his puppet masters can put him to work if he wins.


More insane, paranoid rantings about conspiracy theories. It must be exhausting keeping up with all of the Trump, QAnon, Fox News and Boogaloo BS. Jerry, you need an account in Parler. You would enjoy those folks.

[Edited by tom regan (7/28/2020 9:54:34 AM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 13 days ago
B-b-but.......THE DEEP STATE!!!!

Der, der, der.

permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 13 days ago
Reply to tom regan (#380331)
tom regan wrote:
Jerry e wrote:
So when will sleepy Joe and Trump going to debate. Hope the person narrating it won't be bought off by the democratic party like the last ones. Where has Joe been lately.? He's probably getting his strings attached so his puppet masters can put him to work if he wins.


More insane, paranoid rantings about conspiracy theories. It must be exhausting keeping up with all of the Trump, QAnon, Fox News and Boogaloo BS. Jerry, you need an account in Parler. You would enjoy those folks.

[Edited by tom regan (7/28/2020 9:54:34 AM)]


Sad but so true. If there smart they should let he out in public. What a loser
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 12 days ago
Quite frankly, I see no reason to have a debate. Trump doesn't debate the issues. He just makes his usual rants that he does in his rallies that froths up the frightened racists that makes up his base.

Biden should respond, "I will debate you, President Trump, once you release your tax returns for the last 20 years. Because I see no reason for now to debate a presumed criminal who is hiding behind presidential immunity."

Problem solved.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 12 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380339)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Quite frankly, I see no reason to have a debate. Trump doesn't debate the issues. He just makes his usual rants that he does in his rallies that froths up the frightened racists that makes up his base.

Biden should respond, "I will debate you, President Trump, once you release your tax returns for the last 20 years. Because I see no reason for now to debate a presumed criminal who is hiding behind presidential immunity."

Problem solved.


Didn't not you have to show your taxes . what I understand that's private information. And isn't sleepy Joe doing the same thing with his son? I take it you don't like some one you go deaf? sleepy Joe don't no the difference between a ar14 or ar15 . So what is going to debate on. The smell of women hair . He is so brain dead. The one of his V. P. Pick threaded Republics. Like a lot of use agree on . Let her bring it on. The democratic party has a lot of violence people .How do they sleep at night. Maybe a support group would help. I forgot about their communities meetings. I suppose over threw the American government doesn't help the anger issues.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 12 days ago
Not private information when you are the president of the United States and have been selling out the country to Russia for many years. Think this is fake news? Then release the information and let the public decide.

Every president before Trump has done this. Why are you defending Trump on this, Jerry? Or should I say, Comrade Dzerrhi? I am seeing through your ruse, pretending to be a Miles City halfwit (although, bravo, you did master the idiocy of my home town very well). It has become quite clear that you are a planted Russian internet troll, part of Zuckerberg's campaign to reap more riches off of the slower members of the community.

Please cease and desist.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by tom regan (+1432) 12 days ago
Reply to Jerry e (#380335)
Jerry e wrote:
Sad but so true. If there smart they should let he out in public. What a loser


Here is a picture of Biden out in public at John Lewis' funeral. President Trump couldn't find the time to attend the funeral of an American hero. Maybe he was cowering in his bunker again, or practicing throwing the first pitch at a Yankees game he was never invited. Probably golfing.

permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 12 days ago
Reply to tom regan (#380342)
tom regan wrote:
Jerry e wrote:
Sad but so true. If there smart they should let he out in public. What a loser


Here is a picture of Biden out in public at John Lewis' funeral. President Trump couldn't find the time to attend the funeral of an American hero. Maybe he was cowering in his bunker again, or practicing throwing the first pitch at a Yankees game he was never invited. Probably golfing.



Why go when the person probably won't want him there.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 12 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380341)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Not private information when you are the president of the United States and have been selling out the country to Russia for many years. Think this is fake news? Then release the information and let the public decide.

Every president before Trump has done this. Why are you defending Trump on this, Jerry? Or should I say, Comrade Dzerrhi? I am seeing through your ruse, pretending to be a Miles City halfwit (although, bravo, you did master the idiocy of my home town very well). It has become quite clear that you are a planted Russian internet troll, part of Zuckerberg's campaign to reap more riches off of the slower members of the community.

Please cease and desist.


Born at holly rosary in 1961 graduated from Custer county in 1980. Left in 2008. Sorry you think you're part of the slower member's of the community. Hang in there . As what I see Obama and Clinton's where the one's in Russia's bed together. . And no I'm not going anywhere. And you're so founded of the word troll. And as far as taxes no he doesn't.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8413) 12 days ago
What a procreateing moron.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
-1
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 12 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380347)
Bridgier wrote:
What a procreateing moron.


Funny how people are losing an argument . They resort to vulgar language. And how do you get away on here using that type of language. Or are you a snowflake and rules don't apply to you.
Top
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1764) 12 days ago
Reply to Jerry e (#380348)
Jerry e wrote:
Bridgier wrote:
What a procreateing moron.


Funny how people are losing an argument . They resort to vulgar language. And how do you get away on here using that type of language. Or are you a snowflake and rules don't apply to you.

Some people just do that; name-call and use profanity. Heck, Bridgier told me to go F myself back in December after I posted a comically sarcastic mock Christmas greeting that I thought was funny and others didn't. I'm sure his momma Jan is real proud.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 11 days ago
Reply to Shu Pius (#380352)
Shu Pius wrote:
Jerry e wrote:
Bridgier wrote:
What a procreateing moron.


Funny how people are losing an argument . They resort to vulgar language. And how do you get away on here using that type of language. Or are you a snowflake and rules don't apply to you.

Some people just do that; name-call and use profanity. Heck, Bridgier told me to go F myself back in December after I posted a comically sarcastic mock Christmas greeting that I thought was funny and others didn't. I'm sure his momma Jan is real proud.


I'd like to see it if i can . And he did drop the f word . Good job now you're mom would be proud of you

[Edited by Jerry e (7/29/2020 4:29:55 PM)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 11 days ago
I can't speak for Bridgier, but I can speak for myself. Trying to have a reasoned discussion with Jerry, who is illiterate, has proven to be a complete waste of time. And he thinks his illiteracy wins the day.

Sometimes you need to call a spade a spade.

And I find you to be somewhat despicable, Shu, for you continuing to defend the worst president of all time. At Judgement Day, your ancestors will not look favorably on your beliefs.

Glad my mom raised me to be a Christian.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
-1
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1764) 11 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380364)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
I can't speak for Bridgier, but I can speak for myself. Trying to have a reasoned discussion with Jerry, who is illiterate, has proven to be a complete waste of time. And he thinks his illiteracy wins the day.

Sometimes you need to call a spade a spade.

And I find you to be somewhat despicable, Shu, for you continuing to defend the worst president of all time. At Judgement Day, your ancestors will not look favorably on your beliefs.

Glad my mom raised me to be a Christian.


Gunnar, feel free to point out where I defended Trump. I have said pretty-much from the beginning that I don't like him. I just don't allow him to get my shorts in a bunch the way some others do. I don't deny that my political leanings are right of center, but I have always been a Hillary hater much more than a Trump supporter. For example:

https://milescity.com/for...iew/371273 (third post from the top)

What I HAVE done is I have poked fun a few times at those such as yourself, Amorette-the-name-caller, David, Tommy, the since-banned Mary Catherine and others of your ilk who have gone-off on tirade after tirade after tirade about how terrible Trump is while refusing to take any ownership whatsoever for the Democratic party's fatal error in giving their most recent nomination to Hillary over Bernie. When that announcement was made back in 2016 I shook my head and said "God, we're screwed!" I knew most of Bernie's supporters would not switch gears and back Hillary. Sure enough, California and New York gave their electorals to Hillary, and very few of the other 48 states did, so here we are.

Hence is my recurring stance: the Trump haters are bitching and moaning about a problem THEY helped create by giving their prez nomination to the wrong person in the last election and they still refuse to OWN IT.

I'm on record as having said MANY times that the 2016 election was entirely about which the 2 piles of crap was the less stinky. I believe very strongly that, had Bernie gotten the Dem nomination instead of Hillary, HE would now be our president. Maybe a few things would be better than they are and maybe they wouldn't. We will never factually know. That said, neither you nor anyone else will convince me that the current pandemic would have been any less severe than it currently is had anyone other than Trump been president, but we'll never know about that, either.

Perhaps you're confusing my defending Jerry/cbs a couple times with defending Trump? The 2 aren't one in the same. I did defend Jerry a couple times recently because I felt he was being unfairly picked on in those instances. Amorette said a rude comment to him about wanting to blow his germs all over the place when all he had done was ask a question about getting a mask to fit and not fog his glasses; and she and several others were calling him "racist" when I hadn't seen him make any racist comments, so then I asked for clarification. Amorette copped out and called him guilty by being a Trump supporter, but then David pointed out that he did make a comment about Obama being a Muslim pretending to be a Christian, and so then I let it rest. I don't have a habit of defending him beyond those 2 instances. I find him too hard to understand in most of the others.

Lastly, Gunnar, while I do like and respect you in spite of our disagreements, you know nothing of my ancestors and you are not my judge. God is. Worry about your own fate.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 11 days ago
What gets me you're all so happy what Obama and Biden did. What will Biden do but destroy America as we no it. Didn't he say Will never bring back jobs from overseas. Didn't he what schools to keep segregated. Didn't he say that he didn't want his kids being with zoo kids .Or jungle. How about the rioting going on .you would think Obama would have dealt with this mess. And where is he at. Wasn't Michelle the one she didn't like living in the white house because it was built by slavery. She could have not lived there . I'm thinking it started with them in the white house .How about benghazi who's watch was that on .And let's look at giving Billions to Iran. Also why didn't they get us out of the middle east war's. Don't the democratic party also what minorities get a head in life. They have had the highest job ratings I history. What perfect timing that the economy was at its best in years. And some made up virus hit on a election year no less. And shut us down. This will go down as the biggest scam in history.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
-2
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8413) 11 days ago
Thank you Jerry, for proving my point.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 11 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380369)
Bridgier wrote:
Thank you Jerry, for proving my point.


Obama and Biden . That they aree corrupted. Don't take a rocket science to figure that out.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 11 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380369)
This post was removed 10 days ago.
It was removed because it was a duplicate.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 11 days ago
And some made up virus hit on a election year no less. And shut us down. This will go down as the biggest scam in history.


Yep. "Made up virus". You and prominent Trump supporter Herman Cain are together on this one.... - oh, wait a minute.
Top
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 9 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380373)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
And some made up virus hit on a election year no less. And shut us down. This will go down as the biggest scam in history.


Yep. "Made up virus". You and prominent Trump supporter Herman Cain are together on this one.... - oh, wait a minute.


Some people remind me of sheep. This is too funny. They will have a vaccine by that late fall or early winter. I bet after November .
Top
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+995) 8 days ago
Jerry e wrote:

Some country's shoot people interning illegally. What a good deterrent that would be. Cheaper than a wall ?

Having decided not to engage in any dialog with illiterate morons, I have been ignoring any posts by Cnn or Jerry e. However, such comments should not be ignored. So Jerry e feels that our federal agents should be shooting Hispanic families arriving at our border seeking asylum shelter from murder, rape and tyranny? Whether serious or made in a failed attempt at humor, such a comment is sick. I’ll add an additional descriptive term to Jerry e, despicable illiterate moron.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by tom regan (+1432) 8 days ago
Shu, I agree with your argument that Hillary was not a good candidate. Not because she is corrupt or evil. That is a 20 year false narrative by Republicans who hated the Clintons, and the scourge of Fox News spreading misinformation and conspiracy theory. That 20-year campaign duped many swing voters. It’s unfortunate that the Democratic Party and the DNC failed to understand how effective that campaign was on the voting public. What really sent Trump to the White House was voter apathy (along with Comey reopening the email investigation and Russian interference). Many people just didn’t vote. Some of that, as you mentioned, was due to disappointment in Bernie not getting the nomination. But a lot of that apathy was due to the belief that the election was a done deal. Many people just figured Hillary would win and they didn’t bother to vote. They were wrong. For the record, I reluctantly caucused for Hillary in 2016. I felt that the Republicans would crush Bernie on the socialism issue during the general election and scare off swing voters. Maybe I was wrong. Bernie did win the Colorado Democratic primary in 2016. Regardless, both would have been 10x the President that Trump has been.

The Coronavirus pandemic would have been handled much differently under Hillary or Bernie. The pandemic response team would have been intact. Early warnings from experts would have been heeded. The reality of the situation would have been acknowledged and dealt with appropriately. There would have been a consistent, competent message from the federal level based on science. The death toll would have been considerably less, and the country would potentially be back open by now, with much less damage to the economy. What definitely would have happened is about half a dozen Congressional investigations by Republicans into why people died, no matter what the death toll.

As far as my “tirades” are concerned, I’m simply trying to keep people up to date with the massive amount of corruption, Russian collusion, borderline treason, and general hatred for the Constitution and democratic norms exhibited by Trump, his cronies, and sycophants. It is the least I can do as a patriot who loves his country. I’m sorry you are sick of my posts.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+3
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine (+14301) 8 days ago
Sigh...

And here we have another MC.com thread of binary thinking that has devolved into the 0's trying to convince the 1's they should be better 0's and vise versa. The result is we never make a complete circuit.

The problem in America today, is that we are all more invested in our position as partisan politicians than we are in being Americans. Everything these days is aimed at enhancing a political position instead of strengthening America.

The historical ignorance about the migration back and forth across the southern "border" is a large part of the problem. Human migration in the Southwest was occurring a long long time before the Mayflower arrived at Plymouth Rock. As I sit on my front porch and write, I can look across the valley and see El Morro National Monument. At the top of the mesa is Atsinna Ruins that was settled in the 1200's by people that migrated north from Mexico. There was a lot of back and forth between modern-day New Mexico and old "Mexico". In fact, New Mexico was New Mexico long before Mexico was Mexico. (https://www.worldatlas.co...-from.html )

At the adoption of the Treaty of Hidalgo, many said "we didn't cross the border, the border crossed us". Migration back and forth has been a way of life for centuries.

Rather than build a wall, we should be building an international estuary park, that celebrates the numerous cultures that have occupied the area. A recognition and understanding of the long history of the region is necessary to have an intelligent discussion.

Let's also not forget that the "socialism-in-action" Kinsey Irrigation Project wouldn't have been as fruitful if it wasn't for migrant labor from many places including the southern border area.

We ought to be focused on helping each other rather than the constant political tribalism that will not solve any of our challenges. As Brad Paisley sings there is "no I in beer".
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 8 days ago
I don't think I am trying to convince anyone over to "my side". I don't really have a side.

I do enjoy making fun of the ultimate idiot Trump, and his blind lackeys like Jerry, who will inevitably post an illiterate reply that is gibberish.

And then Shu will post a reply that we are being mean to the illiterate racist Jerry.

And then we can have some more fun again, making fun of stupid people.

So it goes. (A reference only literate people will get, sorry Jerry,)
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 8 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#380407)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
I don't think I am trying to convince anyone over to "my side". I don't really have a side.

I do enjoy making fun of the ultimate idiot Trump, and his blind lackeys like Jerry, who will inevitably post an illiterate reply that is gibberish.

And then Shu will post a reply that we are being mean to the illiterate racist Jerry.

And then we can have some more fun again, making fun of stupid people.

So it goes. (A reference only literate people will get, sorry Jerry,)


I do thing it's the other way around. When the guys at work read what some or you write .They think that some of you fall out the stupid the and hit every branch on the way down.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14645) 8 days ago
Fair enough, I would suspect the septic pumpers do not hold me in high regard.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8413) 7 days ago
So, about the time this pandemic was getting started, back in February, my mom started a bit of a family history project. Her primary source for her early life out on the god-forsaken North Dakotan prairie was her Uncle Emil, her last surviving uncle. Lots of cool stories, like how she was born during a blizzard, and a neighbor had to fly her mom to Flasher in some little plane because all the roads were snowed in, and how her father didnt' find out for five days how everything had gone, because he couldn't get to the phone in Carson to call the hospital. Life in another world.

She found out last week that Uncle Emil's had COVID for a week - he's in a rest home in Bismark and the plague is running rampant through the facility - numerous residents, several of the caregivers, etc. A bad deal.

Now, Shu thinks my use of the fvck word was an obscenity, and I guess it probably was, but there's lots of things that are obscene these days.

My mother's uncle, probably my last relative of that generation, dying alone in Bismark.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans, our fellow citizens, sacrificed by a failure of federal leadership to do anything except pass the buck and sideline actual experts.

We're going to condemn thousands of schoolchildren to a lifetime of disability and lost potential, because we've wasted the last three months and let COVID spread through this country like wildfire.

Our government is arguing before the supreme court RIGHT NOW, that the ACA and its protections for pre-existing conditions should be revoked. I wonder what your insurance premiums are going to look like if you've got a diagnosis of COVID on your chart.

But the fvck word, THATS what gets Shu's goat. Let's ignore the evidence, presented in this very thread, that EVERY thought in Jerry's head is an obscenity - let's shoot immigrants, QANON is on to something, the pandemic is a hoax, blah blah blah. Calling Jerry a fvcking moron is practically letting him off the hook, because being a moron is a statement of limitation, and so it's giving him the benefit of the doubt. But I think that he chooses to believe these things, every stupid, ignorant, and obscene one of them.

I hope he gets everything in life that he wants for others. I hope he ends up powerless, locked in a cage on a border he's not allowed to pass. I hope he spends his last hours alone and afraid in a care facility that's locked down by covid. I hope his business fails because the people he votes for won't give him any help to make it through these times.

Maybe that makes me no better than Jerry, but I don't care at this point. Fvck Jerry. And if that sends anyone to the fainting couch, then fvck them to. Politeness is just a way of obfuscating real obscenities.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+2
Posted by Jerry e (+114) 7 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380418)
Bridgier wrote:
So, about the time this pandemic was getting started, back in February, my mom started a bit of a family history project. Her primary source for her early life out on the god-forsaken North Dakotan prairie was her Uncle Emil, her last surviving uncle. Lots of cool stories, like how she was born during a blizzard, and a neighbor had to fly her mom to Flasher in some little plane because all the roads were snowed in, and how her father didnt' find out for five days how everything had gone, because he couldn't get to the phone in Carson to call the hospital. Life in another world.

She found out last week that Uncle Emil's had COVID for a week - he's in a rest home in Bismark and the plague is running rampant through the facility - numerous residents, several of the caregivers, etc. A bad deal.

Now, Shu thinks my use of the fvck word was an obscenity, and I guess it probably was, but there's lots of things that are obscene these days.

My mother's uncle, probably my last relative of that generation, dying alone in Bismark.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans, our fellow citizens, sacrificed by a failure of federal leadership to do anything except pass the buck and sideline actual experts.

We're going to condemn thousands of schoolchildren to a lifetime of disability and lost potential, because we've wasted the last three months and let COVID spread through this country like wildfire.

Our government is arguing before the supreme court RIGHT NOW, that the ACA and its protections for pre-existing conditions should be revoked. I wonder what your insurance premiums are going to look like if you've got a diagnosis of COVID on your chart.

But the fvck word, THATS what gets Shu's goat. Let's ignore the evidence, presented in this very thread, that EVERY thought in Jerry's head is an obscenity - let's shoot immigrants, QANON is on to something, the pandemic is a hoax, blah blah blah. Calling Jerry a fvcking moron is practically letting him off the hook, because being a moron is a statement of limitation, and so it's giving him the benefit of the doubt. But I think that he chooses to believe these things, every stupid, ignorant, and obscene one of them.

I hope he gets everything in life that he wants for others. I hope he ends up powerless, locked in a cage on a border he's not allowed to pass. I hope he spends his last hours alone and afraid in a care facility that's locked down by covid. I hope his business fails because the people he votes for won't give him any help to make it through these times.

Maybe that makes me no better than Jerry, but I don't care at this point. Fvck Jerry. And if that sends anyone to the fainting couch, then fvck them to. Politeness is just a way of obfuscating real obscenities.


Such hatred . Can't wait for the guys ready this.
Top
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1190) 7 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380418)
So sorry to hear about your Uncle Emil. I understand all too well the emotional issues when someone you care about is suffering or ill and there's no way to get there or really do anything. I wish there was something I could say that would fix it, but if there is, I don't know what it is. It is a lonely road and rocky to walk. May God grant you stout shoes. (This is an old Irish blessing.)

I am pleased to hear about your Mom doing the family history that she remembers. I helped Dad do that many years ago (eventually published it as a gift for him). It's more priceless than you may realize.

Take care.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8413) 7 days ago
Thank you Karen - we should have had dad do some sort of story archive before he passed, because he had so many stories, and loved to tell them.
permalink   ·  vote tally
Top
+1
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1190) 7 days ago
Reply to Bridgier (#380421)
You're welcome. Perhaps you could record what you do remember of your Dad's stories. I know the sense of regret . . . I never got the chance to get Mom's stories before she was gone. Seems like we always figure on the tomorrow that sometimes doesn't happen. Take good care of yourself.
Top