Cornerstone Apartment Open House
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+928) 15 years ago

Congratulations to the Miles City Housing Authority board and director Melissa Hartman for the tremendous job done. MCNN is working on a story, but in the meantime there is a temporary video post on the site with highlights from the ribbon cutting ceremony.

http://www.milescitynewsn...ogspot.com
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12379) 15 years ago
I want to live in the apartment on the second floor with the private back entrance. That is SO cool! Some of those apartments are fabulous! I love the amount of woodwork and flooring that was saved. The windows are great, as well. It is a beautiful and creative project and we should all pat Melissa Hartman on the back when we see her.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18229) 15 years ago
I'm too far away to pat Melissa on the back but I will say thank you for working so hard to restore some of Miles City's historic gems (this hospital and the Smith Apartments above Ben Franklin are two that come to mind right now). And it's done for a good cause to boot. I'm very glad this old hospital building was saved from the wrecking ball.

- Dave
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10021) 15 years ago
Ditto!
Posted by Roxanna Brush (+115) 15 years ago
Beautiful job Melissa!!! I hope your renters appreciate it and take care of it. We will sure miss you up here in the VA. Still a great job. Fourteen new Family Units. I loved the big windows, great for plants.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12379) 15 years ago
Aren't those windows great!!!!! Proof you don't have to board windows up or put in crappy little windows. That is a PERFECT example of preservation at work.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4453) 15 years ago
Taking the tour, it was really pretty hard to believe you were standing where you were. It seems so modern on the inside, yet you look out the windows over the courtyard, and you think "wow, it really is the same old building"

One of the happiest endings Miles City has seen in a long time.

Does anyone know when HGTV is going to air the project?
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+928) 15 years ago
Does anyone know when HGTV is going to air the project?

I was hoping to see an HGTV crew there. I, too, would be really interested in knowing when it airs.
Posted by Dan (+465) 15 years ago
too bad the demolition stopped at the Sagebrush and the highrise portion of the hospital - the dozers need to be cut loose up and down Valley Drive East, that has been a HUGE improvemnet in addition to the beautiful new apartments...
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 15 years ago
Okay, I know I'm going to take heat for this, but curiousity has just gotten the best of me.

Why in the world were shiny gold and tarnished silver light fixtures put right next to each other in each and every apartment? I realize that this project was on a budget, but couldn't affordable fixtures of the same finish be found? The mixture of metal finishes was jarring to me. However, I have been called "discriminating" (read "anal") in the past, so take it for what it is worth!

P.S. Kudos to the Miles City Housing Authority, as well as all of the partners in the project. You did an outstanding job, and the residents of Miles City owe you a great big "Thank You". It looks wonderful!

[This message has been edited by Denise Selk (edited 11/7/2007).]
Posted by Tanneil Kuchynka (+37) 15 years ago
Melissa & Team,
The project is absolutely beautiful! What an accomplishment! It is better than I even imagined. Every apartment has a fabulous view! Thank you from all of us who live in Miles City, we are forever grateful! I can't wait to see it on my favorite channel HGTV!
founder
Posted by Chad (+1765) 15 years ago
I have to take the blame for the mismatched fixtures. We go through a submittal process on each and every item used in the construction of a project; it's called shop drawing review. The electrical engineer on the project initially selected the most of the fixtures and I thought they were all bright brass or aged brass throughout; well apparently the dining room fixtures were specified as silver. I missed it AND I didn't catch it during the shop drawing review.

My Bad.

On the bright side, not everyone likes bright brass and it gives those persons an opportunity to decorate the dining area a bit differently..... Yeah, that's it.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 15 years ago
"On the bright side, not everyone likes bright brass and it gives those persons an opportunity to decorate the dining area a bit differently..... Yeah, that's it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A glass-half-full person. I like it!!

Great work on the project Chad!