Betsy DeVos Confirmed as Secretary of Education
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2906) 4 years ago
Vice President Mike Pence cast the deciding vote yesterday (02/07/17) in a tie breaker confirming Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education.

Here's a video of parts of her confirmation hearing:

permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16946) 4 years ago
It's good to be wealthy. Draining the swamp, indeed.
+4
Here'e Trevor Noah's take on Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education.

+1
And, speaking of education! In today's Washington Post, Dana Milbank writes of Trump's spelling difficulties -- "Shoker! Rediculous chocker Trump attaks and dishoners English with ever-dummer spellings." (02-08-17)

Read more:

https://www.washingtonpos...a74395060f
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14948) 4 years ago
BREAKING NEWS...

In her first act as Sec. of Ed. DeVos just cancelled the agreement between subjects and verbs.
+7
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3209) 4 years ago
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17230) 4 years ago
+3
Of course, Betsy DeVos won't be Secretary of Education too long if Trump follows through with his campaign pledge to get rid of the Department of Education.

"As well, on the campaign trail Trump has at various times said that "You could cut [the ED] way, way, way down," that "I may cut Department of Education," and that "The Department of Education is massive, and it can be largely eliminated." At one of the Republican presidential debates, he asserted: "Education through Washington, DC, I don't want that. I want local education. I want the parents, and I want all of the teachers, and I want everybody to get together around a school and to make education great."

Read more at:

http://www.snopes.com/201...hing-jobs/

Call me confused because I don't know if that is good news or bad news! But it is pure Trump making America chaotic! Please let me know when America is great again! I'm waiting!