We Have Elected an Idiot
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10016) 5 years ago
No other commentary required.
+12
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9362) 5 years ago
It will be interesting to see if the Hamilton Electors come through or not.
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2781) 5 years ago
You are completely incorrect, Webmaster. Just the other day our President Elect declared himself smart, which obviously spares him the necessity of intelligence briefings. Why would you need intelligence briefings if you are already smart?
+8
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15197) 5 years ago
He doesn't need briefs because he is the commando-in-chief.
+6
admin
founder
Reply to Bob Netherton III (#369637)
Bob Netherton III wrote:
You are completely incorrect, Webmaster. Just the other day our President Elect declared himself smart, which obviously ...

Well, he did state "I don't have to be told -- you know, I'm, like, a smart person" ... which could very well mean he is not an actual smart person.
+9
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1234) 5 years ago
With all due respect Larry. Some other views can be found under Deplorables on Facebook.
+7
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17809) 5 years ago
I was just listening to Sen. John McCain on NPR this morning, and couldn't help but wonder what he secretly things of Trump. Wouldn't it just gall you if you were a thousand times more qualified, smarter, and capable than Trump, yet the idiot voters elect someone like him and not McCain?
+7
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1913) 5 years ago
I feel as if we have fallen into an alternate universe. Russians appear to have interfered in our election and the Republicans are mostly okay with that. A man who has received an "Order of Friendship" from Putin is to be Sec. of State and the Republicans are okay with that, too.

Had a Democrat been elected with Russian interference and then appointed someone who was a big pal of the Russian dictator, the GOP would have had conniptions but now. . .

Seriously, what planet am I on?
+10
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10100) 5 years ago
+11
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2904) 5 years ago
This Trevor Noah commentary is a few months old and should be entitled, "Trump Dancing with the Tsars" but instead is titled: "Donald Trump's Shady Ties to Russia." Given that Trump is now President-elect, it is not quite as funny!

+5
Could Massive Russian Oil Deal with Exxon Explain Why Putin Appears to Have Meddled in US Election?

+3
Continuing the discussion about Rex Tillerson, CEO of Exxon to head the Department of State, here is another Democracy Now show called:

"Trump's War on Science: Exxon CEO Expected to Head State, While 'Enemies List' Worries Energy Dept."

+4
Posted by Oddjob (+190) 5 years ago

Here. This is no more or less nutty than most of what is getting posted here.

http://original.antiwar.c...-cia-coup/

[Edited by Oddjob (12/14/2016 5:24:23 PM)]
+6
admin
founder
+6
Posted by Ed who fishes (-10) 5 years ago
Actually you just didn't get the idiot you wanted. So in light of that you have to photo-shop pictures of belittling images that cheapen what little (if any) credibility you percieve your argument has....and even if (and that is a big "if") the Russians leaked Clinton documents to Wiki Leaks, they weren't likely fake documents like your posts are.... they were actual true things that happened...and if those truths lost Clinton the election then whose fault is that really? -- Hers--and nobody else's. But instead of realizing or acknowledging that, you try to injure Trump by posting perverted images or making whatever links you can to a Russian alliance and ignore or divert what the Wiki-Leak documents reveal. You want to highlight headlines like "Trump helped by Russia" Instead of headlines like "Clinton Loses Due to Russian Revelations of her Mis-doings" Face it - if Trump had a "D" in front of his party affiliation you'd be praising him.....if Hillary had an "R" associated with her you'd be railing against her.....blind allegiance is what most you guys exhibit- no matter what or who your candidate is and despite what they do. If they're not a "D" you criticize and ridicule, no exceptions really. Even when oddjob or someone else PROVES you wrong, (and this is easily checked by looking back at many, many of your posts),your immediate reaction is to ridicule and belittle that person.... and by doing so most of your credibility is lost.
+10
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17668) 5 years ago
Reply to Ed who fishes (#369672)
"Ed who fishes", specifically what Clinton emails are you referring to?
+9
Posted by Joe R. Whalen (+219) 5 years ago
+6
Unite Under Trump? Using his type of language -- Not This Pus_y! As an American citizen concerned about the well-being of our country, I will always be part of the loyal opposition as far as Trump is concerned. Additionally, I would never want to be alone in a room with Trump given his own taped admission about being a perpetrator of sexual assault on women. I will never forget Trump's "Grab 'em by the Pus_y and do anything you want" comment which he thought was funny but was, in actuality, an admission of sexual assault. Seriously, I don't understand why this man is not in jail!
+8
Master Spy Vladimir Putin Now Directly Linked to US Hacking:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma...ories.html
+5
"There could be no more “useful idiot,” to use Lenin’s term of art, than an American president who doesn’t know he’s being played by a wily foreign power." This quote is from today's (12-15-16) New York Times. Read more at:

http://www.nytimes.com/20...collection
+6
Posted by Ed who fishes Now

David Wrote:
Posted by David Schott 8 hours ago

? Reply to Ed who fishes (#369672)
Quote;
"Ed who fishes", specifically what Clinton emails are you referring to?
End Quote.

Ed Who Fishes' Reply:

Nowhere do I see that I said "emails"...YOUR post uses the word emails....but if you are actually asking to what information I am referencing to in my post, I would answer that I am referring to whatever information the Libs are insisting that the Russians allegedly leaked to Wikileaks to injure Hillary's election or public rating. In being specific, I was not referring to any SPECIFIC piece of information but merely to whatever information the LIBS are saying the Russians were in control of...take your pick.
+7
founder
Reply to Ed who fishes (#369699)
And there you have it, "Ed who fishes". You don't have any clue what Hillary Clinton did that was so wrong but you're certain that she did something so wrong that she surely deserved to lose the election. Why Hannity himself said that even Michelle Obama had disavowed Hillary Clinton. It was right there on his news program just days before the election.

Thank you, "Ed who fishes", for doing a beautiful job of making my point.
+11
Gee Dave - It is you who are missing the point and completely too I might add...... in fact, you are helping proving one of the points in my post.....I was not even trying to make the issue or point that Hillary had done something wrong....if you read it that way that was just a bonus. I guess you couldn't figure that out...One of my points was that the LIBS are screaming that Russia influenced the election with their interference and providing WikiLeaks with information ..... I am neither defending or allocating that issue..I AM saying that if the information was accurate then who is to blame for that? If the information was of a deragatory nature but true, then Hillary shoulders the blame....I do not even know what information they leaked...but if it was positive information for Hillary then I doubt we'd be hearing this outcry from the LIBS.....as to my other point - that was that anytime someone posts a truth that the LIBS don't like they divert the subject or ridcule ( or misinterprett it in your case) .....so you just helped me prove my point. Court adjourned.
+8
PS. Dave- Please direct me to where you were even trying to make a point in the first place and that I helped prove it? If I knew you were asking for specific "emails" to make the point that I was trying to accuse Hillary of all types of bad things I'd of been more specific... you asked for examples of something that I wasn't even using as an arguement.... kind of like I just blurt out " We just ran a race Dave, I won you lost" ..... easy to do - when you (Dave) never knew there was a race going on or that you were in it. You have an odd way of making points Dave.
+6
founder
You strike me as a little tightly wound, "Ed who fishes".

You seem to believe there were "actual true things that happened" and Clinton only has herself to blame for losing the election. But you struggle to cite those "actual true things".

It is the purveyors of false stories such as Hannity and his Michelle Obama story that have engaged in underhanded and dishonest tactics to damage Clinton's reputation and campaign.

I hold the Republican Party responsible for much of the smear campaign including the mutliple expensive (and fruitless) Benghazi hearings and the "emailgate" hearings. Nothing came of those, but the Republicans were quite happy to be casting Clinton in a negative light.

Reportedly there is also evidence that some of this smear campaign was coordinated from outside the U.S.

It's dirty politics like that which have left a very bad taste in my mouth after this election. I didn't trust Trump before the election, and I certainly don't trust him now.
+11
.....sooooo... I am tigtly wound but; It is you who are mad, "blame republicans" "distrust Trump", lash out at "purveyors of false stories" ....(and I am the one who is tightly wound ?) If you say so..... but if you infer all this from my words of "actual true things that happened" you are capable of embellishing anything ..... I am no psychologist but I think you are a rebellion looking for a cause and I was as good a place to dump your emotion as any.... I wish you luck in dealing with your issues for the next four and maybe eight years. It can be done, many of us survived the last eight. I don't ant to be accused of diverting the subject however, so I will say this to "actual true things that happened" If we are to believe Mr. Comey of the FBI - Hillary was caught in lies to Congress and thereby to the American people. If the 30K of emails were all innocent and of no consequence why did they get bleach washed by her attorney(s) AFTER they were suponead ? The Clinton Foundation and its issues for her Secretary of State pay to play are still not done being examined...the Clinton list of scandals is very long and is a great example of the dirty politics you claim to hate..... this is all old news but hey, you asked. I am not saying all the hype and allegations about all the scandals are true but some are and with that much mud on the Clinton wall some of it is legitimate mud.
+9
After numerous investigations, if the U.S. Congress, FBI or the Justice Department had found any crime for which they could have indicted Hillary Clinton they would have. She has been investigated repeatedly during the course of her public service career. There have been no indictments.

However, today (12-16-16) it is being reported by a reputable newspaper, The Washington Post that the FBI backs the CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win election. The question we all need to be asking at this point is: "Why did Putin want Trump to win this election?" We also need to ask, "What will Russia do Next?" Russia, under Putin's leadership, is not a friend or ally of the United States.

https://www.washingtonpos...1320b69dd9
+6
Or, perhaps another way to ask the question would be: "Why did Putin fear a Hillary Clinton Presidency?"

Here's one answer:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/1...ir-ghitis/
+7
And, in answer to the question, "What will Russia Do Next?" it is being reported today (12-16-16) in the British press: "Russia to 'expand mobile nuclear missile patrols' near European borders to respond to NATO 'threats' in 2017."

This is not good news.

http://www.independent.co...78966.html
+6
In today's (12-17-16) New York Times, Nicholas Kristof wrote: "Let’s be clear: This was an attack on America, less lethal than a missile but still profoundly damaging to our system. It’s not that Trump and Putin were colluding to steal an election. But if the C.I.A. is right, Russia apparently was trying to elect a president who would be not a puppet exactly but perhaps something of a lap dog — a Russian poodle."

Read more at:

http://www.nytimes.com/20....html?_r=0

Click this link for a list of the 34 Russian journalists killed since 2000, the year Putin came to power.

http://www.politifact.com...urnalists/
+6
founder
"Unpresidented" indeed. It's like a male version of Sarah Palin.

+10
supporter
Another error strike from #Android1, a weapon of mass destruction.
+3
supporter
Reply to David Schott (#369755)
David Schott wrote:
"Unpresidented" indeed. It's like a male version of Sarah Palin.

Naw, he's more like George W. Bush. Which begs the question, why are the only Republicans to get elected president in recent times such numb skulls?
+4
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9362) 5 years ago
It gives the looters plausible deniability.
+5
supporter
In 2016, we did not elect a President. Rather, less than half of those who voted,unknowingly and uncaringly, approved the appointment of our first Tsar. We truly, literally, live in #unpresidented times.
+5
+1
supporter
+4
supporter
+5
supporter
+5
Posted by AFAB (+101) 5 years ago
I will start a fund to charter a bus to help all of you cry baby pissy pants' to move to Canada or a country of your choice just so I don't have to read this crap for the next 8 years. The pre-election was bad enough to suffer through here but this is ridiculous. Bahaha
+5
supporter
Reply to AFAB (#369927)
AFAB wrote:
I will start a fund to charter a bus to help all of you cry baby pissy pants' to move to Canada or a country of your choice just so I don't have to read this crap for the next 8 years. The pre-election was bad enough to suffer through here but this is ridiculous. Bahaha

Point proven. Conservatives have no sense of humor. Unless you count having the complete DVD collection of Petticoat Junction and Green Acres sitting next to your TV.
+4
founder
+1
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#369928)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
AFAB wrote:

Point proven. Conservatives have no sense of humor. Unless you count having the complete DVD collection of Petticoat Junction and Green Acres sitting next to your TV.

Can't reference the collections you spoke of Gunnar but you were all pro Trump pre-election and have been pretty much anti since. Where I come from we call that chicken-sh!t.
+2
supporter
I am still pro-Trump. I applaud his selections for the cabinet, Ryan Zinke, Mad Dog. REX! I Love them all. But I can enjoy humor at their expense for I am a moderate who has a sense of humor and is not a bitter old man

Always look on the bright side of life.
Gunnar
Fair enough. Just for the record I am not a bitter old man unless under 40 is old. Lol
+5