Almost there!
sponsor
Posted by 9-0films (+463) 3 years ago
I want to say thank you to everyone that has supported "The Kid in the Cowtown" Kickstarter. It's amazing to see so much interest in a local Miles City project.

We are very close to reaching the 1,000$ goal, and I thought I should take some time to explain the reason for asking for support.

This project has been a burden of love for me. It was a story that I really wanted to tell, and it has been a long road in getting it finished. I did spend quite a bit of my own money to get it this far and I want to be absolutely clear that not a dollar raised on this Kickstarter will go to me. I will use the money to make the best film possible. There are some upcoming expenses, like licensing music, graphics and titles, and purchasing the supplies to make high quality DVDs. For $20 you can support the movie and basically pre-order the finished film on DVD, plus get your name under Thank You in the credits. To support this project just go to http://www.9-0films.com

[Edited by 9-0films (11/17/2016 2:04:44 PM)]
+4
sponsor
Bump - only 26 days left!
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1642) 3 years ago
DANG - now that is a flashback! I was there for that match - covered the fight and interviewed the boxers and Michael Buffer the ring announcer. It was the highlight of my career as sports director at KATL. Little did I know that Foster's opponent, Jeff Mayweather, was the uncle of a kid who would become one of the greatest boxers of all time...his nephew Floyd retired undefeated. Wow.
+2
sponsor
Reply to Shu (#369395)
Wow that's awesome Shu. Any chance you still live in the area, I would love to grab an on camera interview with you?!

[Edited by 9-0films (11/23/2016 1:25:06 PM)]
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1642) 3 years ago
Wish I could, but I live a couple states away. Usually get to Miles about once a year to visit my folks, but won't be coming for the next couple months or so.
+1
sponsor
http://kck.st/2eoVbNQ

Only 10 days left to get this film funded. I am very excited to be able to bring this film to life and it has been a very interesting road thus far. I have a couple of possibilities from backers out there for more funding and I'll be updating with where we end up with all of that. This could be a really awesome movie in the end, even on a small scale though it should be really cool to showcase a great historical sporting event from Miles City.

If you would like to back this project just click on the link and pick your reward level. Every little bit counts. I should also mention that this is an all or nothing campaign, which means that if we don't reach the 1,000$ mark than I don't get anything, and will be back to the drawing board on how to get this thing made. Don't worry, even with that setback, I promise to finish this film one way or another, I just want it to be the best that it can be.

Here is a little more background on the film and what to expect.

In the early 90’s, Montana’s own Todd Foster was making some big waves in professional boxing. Fresh off a successful showing at the Olympics, Foster went pro and steadily moved up the ranks. Jeff Mayweather of the famed Mayweather boxing family (Floyd’s uncle) was also on the rise and the two were destined to square off in epic fashion. Foster had just lost in a super welterweight title fight and was on the comeback trail while Jeff Mayweather was looking for a marquee win to put him in title contention. This fight was the featured main event on ESPN’s Thursday Night Fights in August of 1992. The importance and weight of this match up was directly contrasted by its ultimate location. Miles City Montana is a town of less than 10,000 people, and there is no boxing venue. A ring had to be built and the match took place outside in the middle of the High School football field.

The fight itself was a thing of beauty, from the perfect weather and full moon to the come from behind knockout win in the 8th round for the home state favorite. However more interesting than how this fight came here is the people that made it happen.

The real story though, is what came next. This was supposed to be the kickoff event, something to put Miles City on the map, with plenty of follow ups. What happened, what didn’t and why? More than 20 years later the fight is remembered fondly by almost everyone, a lot still have memorabilia, VHS tapes, newspaper clippings and in one incredibly odd case, the boxing ring itself. Miles City found itself with the biggest sporting event in its history, with the ESPN television cameras rolling and the bright lights and full moon shining down on a beautiful summer night, and they did not disappoint.
+2
sponsor
https://www.facebook.com/...5782334945

Featured on the Montana Film Office Facebook page!
+2
sponsor
I have some amazing news! The Kid in the Cowtown has reached its funding goal! First of all let me say THANK YOU! To everyone that has backed this project, I literally could not do this without your support. Secondly, this also means that everyone will finally get a chance to see a finished film, which depending on a couple of factors should be Fall of 2017, don't quote me on that. There is still a lot of work to be done, and I'm currently working on getting local musicians to come on board and be a part of the soundtrack for this film. I want this thing to be as Miles City as possible!

Once again, THANK YOU!
+1