The First 100 Days
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10016) 5 years ago
Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days

What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

http://www.npr.org/2016/1...t-100-days
+8
Posted by Sam Colt (-141) 5 years ago
Works for me.
+5
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15202) 5 years ago
In other words, "make America great again" means undoing what actually made America great in the first place. Hopefully, this will be the last effort by the GOP to get revenge on FDR and the New Deal. How long before there's a heir of James Fiefield and Spiritual Mobility?

I don't understand how the exploitation of nature with a pre-SMCRA environmental policy, rebuilding a military that kills too many already, or a country where huge profit is to be made off of the sick and dying makes us great at all?

Maybe Ike, Mr. Oddy, Sam Colt, Gunsngold can explain this?

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (11/10/2016 7:11:29 AM)]
+7
Posted by Sam Colt (-141) 5 years ago
I'll explain "what actually made America great in the first place" Individual Liberty, Free Markets, Limited Government not FDRs new deal.

Our success as a nation has left the rest of the world far behind and envious of us and unfortunately non-producers in our country have the luxury of bemoaning our American Exceptionalism from their easy chairs while awaiting the next government check or food stamp allotment.
+10
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17671) 5 years ago
Once President Trump has his Secretary of Treasury label China a "currency manipulator" and alienates the nation that is the third largest buyer of US (and Montana) exports it will be interesting to see how Montana does selling its natural resource and agricultural products to China.

If that doesn't cause you concern you should note that the second largest buyer of US exports is Mexico. Mexico loves President Trump.
+6
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1234) 5 years ago
Richard or do they call you Dick Wrote.
"Maybe Ike,Mr Oddy, Sam Colt ,Gunsngold can explain this"
The Webmaster wrote "I don't control what people post here. Visitors like yourself post your own views and opinions"

Since you have singled me out by name, I have a question for you that maybe you can explain.

Many people have a "Come to Jesus" moment which you must have had in the past
Sometime after 2008 your whole persona changed to a "Reject Jesus" moment as well as your political views, In other words a prolific posting cynic That seems to you as the whole world has rejected you. Maybe you can explain this?
+8
Posted by Oddjob (+190) 5 years ago
Maybe I can explain it..

Richard became "enlightened" and levitated to that Leftist high ground of moral superiority that exists here, Ike. That automatically made those of us who might be non-athiest, self-reliant, conservative or (god forbid!) Republican, knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers.
+8
supporter
Reply to Sam Colt (#369140)
Sam Colt wrote:
I'll explain "what actually made America great in the first place" Individual Liberty, Free Markets, Limited Government not FDRs new deal.

Our success as a nation has left the rest of the world far behind and envious of us and unfortunately non-producers in our country have the luxury of bemoaning our American Exceptionalism from their easy chairs while awaiting the next government check or food stamp allotment.

Nice theory. The problem with it is individual liberty quick infringes are those around you and spills into your neighbors back yard. Free markets are fine for Econ 105 in some college classroom, but, left to their own devices they soon are found exploiting the marketplace. Government necessarily has to grow to make sure your exercise of individual liberty doesn't impede my liberty.

Ike wrote:
Since you have singled me out by name, I have a question for you that maybe you can explain.

Many people have a "Come to Jesus" moment which you must have had in the past
Sometime after 2008 your whole persona changed to a "Reject Jesus" moment as well as your political views, In other words a prolific posting cynic That seems to you as the whole world has rejected you. Maybe you can explain this?

Fair question... As a child, my favorite fairy tale was The Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christian Anderson. I have alway identified with the child who pointed out the truth about the situation. It seems like we should be like the child who told the unvarnished truth.

Jesus says in Luke chapter 12 to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Over the course of human history many beliefs and traditions have been added, like leaven, and the "societal loaf of bread" has expanded far beyond original intent or necessity.

Thus, I find myself in a world full of biased beliefs which are IMO unnecessary and harmful. I find it frustrating. The leaders of Christianity have been especially adept at adding leaven originally for purposed of control and later because it becomes the "orthodox" belief. Orthodoxy is ALWAYS created by those who won the argument of the day, not those who had the correct answer.

I find myself trapped in trying to separate unnecessary ingredients which are baked in to the loaf of bread, so to speak. It's SO frustrating to understand the origins of some belief and see how it negatively impacts peoples lives. I want people to be free of the B.S. but I'm finding the world doesn't really even want to know the king is wearing no clothes.

For example, our foreign policy toward Israel and Muslim nations is based in large part on a belief in the pre-millennial and a pre-tribulation rapture of christians. If you understand where/how the notion of a pre-tribulation rapture was started and spread, you understand how absolutely stupid our foreign policy is. I don't think Israel should be given any preferential treatment.

Here is another great example:

https://stream.org/donald...ntion-god/ I find this whole "divine mandate" concept rather alarming. The Catholics and Lutherans of 1940 Germany thought similar things, and did nothing to stop the murder of 6,000,000 Jews.

The other thing which is hard for me, is to convey or communicate what I have learned without coming across as arrogant and smug. I greatly dislike those traits in others and in myself. I don't like the holier-than-thou attitude which is characteristic of many progressives.

So I suppose I do come across a little jaded. But its because I observe people controlling others or creating laws and policy based on erroneous information and harming others around them with their activities.

+++

Now then... I answered your question, you and your pals need to answer mine.

How does the exploitation of nature with a pre-SMCRA (before 1976) environmental policy, rebuilding a military that kills too many already, or a country where huge profit is to be made off of the sick and dying makes us great at all?

I am open to more than one life-changing epiphany.

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (11/11/2016 9:49:20 PM)]
+8
Posted by gunsngold (-2414) 5 years ago
RON PAUL for secretary of state, there's you another life changing experience. AUDIT the FED!!!!
+4
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3269) 5 years ago
I just read something interesting yesterday...and, a reminder. The last time that we had a Republican President and the Republican majority in the House and Senate was 1928, Herbert Hoover. 1929, the Stock Market crashed and no matter what was attempted, the Big Depression set in. Then, luckily, FDR was the next President and it is well known that his programs saved a vast percentage of family farms, etal.

Being an older "sort", I do remember the ending years of the Depression. My Grandfather was an appreciative Farmer and had no trouble praising President Roosevelt. You learn a lot by being there
+4
supporter
Jeri,

I've got you by a few years and growing up with FDR, and parents that worshiped him I was in the fold. Granted, many of the programs that were initiated during that period were life changers for many. The real recovery was the advent of WW 2 in Europe during the late 30s as well as his leadership after Pearl Harbor. I remember the NRA,The WPA AND CCC in particular.
+3
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2904) 5 years ago
The U.S. Government is still helping farmers and ranchers and we liberals think that is a good thing. It keeps food prices low for those who have to eat food.

Here's a link to a U.S. Government Department of Agriculture website which details the government assistance and services available for all farmers and ranchers in this area.

https://www.fsa.usda.gov/...ices/index
+3
supporter
Ike...You are just a Bubblegummer. I am a roaring 80 years old and so pleased to have made it this far. So fun to watch History in the making. I do remember the tail end of the Depression and lucky to have parents...Dad making a buck a day. 18 hour day...and, Mom sewing, gardening, raising chickens...everything we needed to survive. Everyone was pretty much in the same boat in those days. Good to have witnessed. Maybe that is what made me like to see people that need help, get it. Both Liberals and Conservatives are not shy about accepting assistance in some way or another...albeit Tax deductions, Farm Subsidies, Food Stamps...whatever..and, I am happy that it is there for them..and, always wanted it to be. We will see.

Hope you are well Ike...and I keep hoping that you come across more wonderful books. Still using the one that had been your Mom's. Thank you for that.
+5
supporter
Richard wrote, How does the explo1tation of nature under the environmental policy, rebuilding the military that kills to many already, or a country where a huge profit is to be made off the sick and dying make us great at all?

I don't no where to start as to remarks on your questions. Since your "change of life" you seem to be seeking an Utopia That does not exist Everyone is not cloned. Even the garden of Eden became flawed

The result leaves you a bitter cynic. After each election change there are always those that think the worst of the "new" gut. In my lifetime this label has applied to HST, JFK ,LBJ , Nixon, Carter, Regan, Carter GWB, and Obama I must admit some were not my choice and may have been a sore loser.

Nature has existed and been exploited for millions of years in cyclic periods of climate change as we are experiencing now. Of relatively recent times the ice ages, The pliocticene extinctions , the altithrrmal climate change and more recent the prolonged dry period of the 30s. Most were not man caused.

A strong military is essential to protect you from me. Man has been fighting and killing each other since the dawn of time and will exist long after we are gone. To let other nations from taking advantage of a weakened military is not the way to go. Like Teddy Roosevelt "Speak softly, but carry a big stick." Yes it can get out of control like Nazism and the killing of 6000 Jews , or Stalin killing at least that many of his own people, Cambodia and the present ISIS. We as a nation slaughtering millions of Bison forcing the Indians to starve and to go on reservations. The internment of Japanese Americans during WW2. Nation building ,slavery The trail of tears are only a few examples of mans inhumanity to man. But be thankful to our military who saved the world in WW 2 and the political correct wars we have engaged in since It has always been, The big dogs eat the little dogs. Be thankful you are not speaking a foreign language

Our country and policies are not always perfect, but we must always work together to strive to be great. You asked a question and this is what I believe.
+8
supporter
I appreciate your effort, Ike.
+5
Posted by John Uden (+213) 5 years ago
I seldom post here however I would like my observations noted. You all have valid
points but I feel that we should all look back in history. Not all of our President were liked by everyone but they were all given the chance to prove themselves. I venture to say that each of us were, throughout our lives, given the opportunity to prove ourselves. These opportunities begin in our academic lives and continue throughout or professional careers. I know that my teachers and professors gave me those considerations and when I worked at Homestake gold mine in So. Dak., for Agnes Colvin at Miles City Moving and Storage and last of all for the Miles City Police Dept. I got those jobs with no experience but there were always employers that were willing to let me prove my work ethics, my decision making abilities and my willingness to learn. I am confident that we all had similar experiences. With that said shouldn't we give Pres. Elect Trump the same consideration that each of us and every other President have been given? He is now in that position and we are not able to change that at this time so let's see how he works out, as our teachers and employers did with each of us - regardless our great country will survive as it has since our first President took office,
+11
supporter
Are you saying that people "ought not" to post Videos and pictures like the ones that I have seen on Facebook and Email for 8 years? Not sure that will happen right away. Maybe had there been less tough verbiage. We will have to see. Interesting times.
+5
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2781) 5 years ago
Ike.

I appreciate your heartfelt response to this thread but one thing bothers me. You mentioned that 6000 Jews were killed in the Holocaust. The actual figure is much closer to 6 million. This was mostly documented by the Nazis themselves. Stalin, in fact, made Hitler look like a rank amateur as far as destroying human life. Many more people died under Stalin's rule. These were his own people.

My father passed away recently. He was a WWII veteran who happened to be among the first U.S. forces that occupied Dachau after the Germans left. Dachau was one of the first concentration camps established by the Germans.

A couple of things I remember Dad saying about Dachau was how attempts in theatrical films could not even approach the horrors present there, especially in the attempts to portray the skeletal living, and dead that filled the camp. The inhabitants of a local village were brought to the camp as witnesses as they had denied the camp's existence even though the smell of death and burning flesh had to be strong where they lived.

I bring this up because people of my Dad's generation are the eyewitnesses. They are disappearing fast. I hope your numbers were either a typo or that you are misinformed. There are people who are active deniers of The Holocaust. I'm afraid Donald Trump's appointees may include such deniers, Steve Bannon being among the type.
+4
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2904) 5 years ago
Steve Bannon, a white nationalist, has been named by Donald Trump as chief strategist and senior counselor to President-elect.

http://www.huffingtonpost...b63b0d33d7
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17814) 5 years ago
I don't see "Lock her up" or "Build the wall" in the first hundred days agenda.
+3
supporter
Indeed, I did not add a few zeros to the number of Jews killed under the Nazi years. My bad, thanks for the correction.
+7
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2781) 5 years ago
That's what I figured Ike. Thanks!
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17814) 5 years ago
I see "Lock her up" is off the table. So much for campaign promises.
+1