Current E-Mail subjects AKA scandals
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1234) 5 years ago
While I do not really want anyone reading my e-mails nor listening to my phone conversations, I have nothing to hide nor I'm not high in a government position where everything should be open to the public record unless it has to do with national security.

Hopefully we can start a non partisan discussion on this subject here, with out playing the racist nor sexist card, nor dependent on WHOSE OX IS BEING GORED!!
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15197) 5 years ago
Well Ike, as you will recall Gore was "oxed" back in 2000.
+1
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10016) 5 years ago
Reply to ike eichler (#369035)
OK, well here's another one to look into:

Donald Trump’s Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

This behavior is of particular import given Trump’s frequent condemnations of Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent, for having deleted more than 30,000 emails from a server she used during her time as secretary of state. While Clinton and her lawyers have said all of those emails were personal, Trump has suggested repeatedly on the campaign trail that they were government documents Clinton was trying to hide and that destroying them constituted a crime. The allegation—which the FBI concluded was not supported by any evidence—is a crowd-pleaser at Trump rallies, often greeted by supporters chanting, “Lock her up!”

http://www.newsweek.com/2...15120.html
+3
Posted by Oddjob (+190) 5 years ago
Comparing Hillary's emails and Trump's emails is apples and oranges. Trump was never a government employee and as such, the government or other individuals can't access any documents except through the courts. And because Trump employs a battery of lawyers, he can use any delaying tactic legally available to him to keep people out of his business.

This article is just another waste of ink. I couldn't get past the first couple of paragraphs because the author starts out by calling Trump a liar for a statement he made about not being "formally notified" of some action. The author points out that the government notified him with a phone call the morning he made the statement. A phone call is not "formal notification". Being served papers is the legal method of being "formally notified". The author is either too stupid to realize that or is being intentionally dishonest.

On the other hand, Hillary has spent her life on the taxpayers dime and as a result, all of her official communications and work product belong to the people. If she chose to mix her "private" communications in with public business, shame on her. If she removed secure communications from the National Security system, she broke the law and she should be punished accordingly.
+5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17809) 5 years ago
I have to agree with Oddjob on this one.
+1