Waterworks Art Gallery Fail
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17519) 5 years ago
Amazon has a promotion called AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) where Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to a charity of your choosing. Long ago I selected the Waterworks Art Gallery in Miles City as my charity.

Today I received the email below.

Apparently things are so rosy at the Waterworks Art Gallery that they don't need any more money.

Dear David Schott:

You are receiving this email because the AmazonSmile charity you are supporting, Waterworks Art Museum, has not provided AmazonSmile with its bank account information and therefore we have been unable to issue AmazonSmile donations to this organization. We have also reached out to Waterworks Art Museum to request registration completion to enable receipt of donations.

Since we have not successfully been able to issue the donations based on your previous AmazonSmile purchases, we have been holding these donations. Please select a different charity to support and Amazon will issue the donation amount generated as a result of your previous purchases to the new charity you select. If you do not select a different charitable organization to support in the next 30 days (by 10/02/16), we will reallocate the donation amount proportionately to other fully-registered AmazonSmile charities in the next quarterly donation disbursement cycle.

Remember, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible items purchased at smile.amazon.com. For more information on the program, go to smile.amazon.com/about.
+1
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1505) 5 years ago
As some have said in the past: "I hope you contacted the Art Museum about this before berating them on this forum"! There have been enough changes in management at the Art Museum during the past few years, that something like this could have easily fallen through the cracks. Thank you for choosing them as a charity, and yes they need money, for every day operation but particularly for a new roof.

Marshall Haferkamp
+1
founder
No, I didn't contact them but Amazon claims they tried without success.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 5 years ago
You can usually contact Dixie through Facebook. Try there.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 5 years ago
I'm none too happy with the Art Museum after they axed the hosting contract I had with them with zero notice. I have no idea what is going on there now. They used to be good supporters of community projects like MilesCity.com, but with the management and/or board changes or whatever, not so sure anymore.
founder
Thanks, Wendy. I don't have a facebook account so that complicates matters.

Whatever. It's between AmazonSmile and the Art Center. I think the Art Center is a great community asset and I try to support them when I can. I was just hoping the AmazonSmile thing would work and that others might join in.

Looking back in my records I have been placing orders via "smile.amazon.com" since June of 2014. I wonder if the Art Center ever received any money over the past couple of years... It wouldn't be a huge amount but I figure every bit helps.
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 5 years ago
Thanks, Wendy. I don't have a facebook account so that complicates matters.

Here, here. A toast to all of us who do not have facebook accounts. Never have, never will. To me, it is no different than giving your Social Security number to the Mafia.
+4
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 5 years ago
I sent Dixie a private message about the problem.
+2
founder
Thanks again, Wendy. I know one other person let Dixie know as well.

I encourage everyone to check out AmazonSmile and select a charity of your choice to donate to. It costs you nothing and helps support a good cause.

Once you sign up, you do need to remember to go to "smile.amazon.com" when you buy something from Amazon.

About AmazonSmile

What is AmazonSmile?

AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.
+4