Jeanette Rankin
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1909) 3 years ago
One hundred years ago, she stood in an automobile in front of Foster's Drug and spoke to a large crowd. The name has changed to Big Sky Pharmacy and some tech improvements in streetlights and paving but it looks much the same. So stand down there some time this week and sense the past.
Top
+9
-1
banned
Posted by ZZZzz (-550) 3 years ago
Wasn't she pro Hitler or something?
Top
+3
-13
Posted by gypsykim (+1559) 3 years ago
I don't know if you're trying to be funny ZZZzzz, but she was not pro-Hitler. She was the only member of Congress to vote against both World War I and World War II. That by no means makes her pro-Hitler.
Top
+7
-2
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9865) 3 years ago
Good heavens. If you don't have something intelligent to say, why not say nothing at all?

I was just commenting on the sense of place that exists in historic places. I try to imagine how exciting it was, that day in 1916, to see a WOMAN who was going to CONGRESS. I can stand on that corner and look up and imagine the sounds of the cheering crowd and the sense of progress and the future that existed that day. My grandmother could not vote until she was close 35 years old, married, with three children. I voted for the first time at 18!

Progress is a wonderful thing. But remembering how we got where we are is also important.
Top
+12
-3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13770) 3 years ago
I'm sorry, I had to vote for SD's post as its colossal ignorance is something I could only dream about posting when I am mocking the old, white, and frightened crowd.
Top
+3
-2
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9348) 3 years ago
Naw. Jacob Thorkelson was the true Nazi congressperson from Montana.
Top
+5
-1
banned
Posted by ZZZzz (-550) 3 years ago
There was a vote.Yea meant you were for stopping Adolf Hitler.Nay meant you were not for stopping Adolf Hitler.Have I lost anyone here?Jeanette Rankin bravely voted to leave Adolf Hitler alone and to let him continue his doings.I believe Rankin was the only only pro Adolf Hitler vote in the House.I hear she broke down and cried in the House when everybody but her voted to stop Adolf Hitler.Such true dedication to a cause has to be admired.
Top
+2
-10
banned
Posted by ZZZzz (-550) 3 years ago
I think I misspelled Jeannette.But that is because I looked to ammorette spelling and mistakenly corrected.This was not wise as ammorette misspells professionally.
Top
+3
-10
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14186) 3 years ago
Reply to Amorette F. Allison (#368205)
Amorette F. Allison wrote:
One hundred years ago, she stood in an automobile in front of Foster's Drug and spoke to a large crowd. The name has changed to Big Sky Pharmacy and some tech improvements in streetlights and paving but it looks much the same. So stand down there some time this week and sense the past.


Interesting and inspiring thought.
Top
+5
-3
sponsor
Posted by 9-0films (+464) 3 years ago
There was a vote.Yea meant you were for stopping Adolf Hitler.Nay meant you were not for stopping Adolf Hitler.Have I lost anyone here?Jeanette Rankin bravely voted to leave Adolf Hitler alone and to let him continue his doings.I believe Rankin was the only only pro Adolf Hitler vote in the House


So interesting fact, Rankin actually voted against going to war with Japan. She then abstained from voting against going to war with Germany. So yeah, you're wrong.

I'll say this on the matter, regardless if you agree with her political position, you have to admire her courage. This was by no means a popular decision to vote against going to war after what happened at Pearl Harbor. However she was a pacifist, and she stood for what she believed and refused to back down to the bullies, even when it cost her her career.
Top
+6
-3
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 3 years ago
So yeah, you're wrong.

And water is wet.
Top
+8
-4
Posted by Oddjob (+181) 3 years ago
And for those of you who find it impossible to make Amorette's suggested spiritual connection, you can go here for a few moments of meditation and reflection.....

http://milescitylive.com/

Interestingly enough, Amorette failed to mention that Rankin was a member of the Republican Party, espousing the cause for suffrage, civil rights, fair labor practices and pacifism. Or, as we are told, all those historic cornerstones of the DemoKKKraps Party.
Top
+3
-7
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 3 years ago
Yeah oddy, what the procreate happened in the last 100 years?

(I could tell you, but I'd rather not do your homework for you)
Top
+4
-3
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1909) 3 years ago
She stated several times she didn't care what party she belonged to but her brother was a Republican. The party of Teddy Roosevelt, who first put forth the idea of socialized single payer medical care in the USA.
Top
+5
-3
banned
Posted by ZZZzz (-550) 3 years ago
We were already at war with Germany.At a second chance jeannette Rankin again refused to condemn Adolf Hitler.Tell Me that had Adolf Hitler had won the war that jeannette rankin would not have accepted a position of "Peaceoligist" on Adolf Hitler's trusted counsel to promote "a kinder and gentler" united states.
Top
+3
-10
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2672) 3 years ago
So Jeanette Rankin refused to condemn Adolph Hitler. I know she voted against the U.S. entering the war but I'd sure like to see a source regarding her lack of condemnation of Hitler.
Top
+6
-3
banned
Posted by ZZZzz (-550) 3 years ago
Try History and her votes dumbob.jeannette rankin's votes or lack of were clearly pro-Adolf Hitler, anti semitic and pro-jeannette rankin for Adolf Hitler cabinet in usa.
Top
+2
-10
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14186) 3 years ago
Miles City needs a stockade in front of Foster Drug so they can put willful ignorance on display. Ho-ly procreate!

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (8/25/2016 5:31:49 AM)]
Top
+6
-4
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 3 years ago
If only we knew who ZZZzzz and oddy really were, so that they could bunk together in the FEMA re-education camp.
Top
+7
-4
sponsor
Posted by 9-0films (+464) 3 years ago
A vote against going to war is not the same as a vote of support for Hitler. You are taking a complex issue and attempting to make it black and white when there are many shades of gray. Look I am by no means a pacifist, and I disagree with Rankin's vote. However I completely respect her for standing up for what she believed in, and I also support her right to have that vote.

I also understand that I am wasting my time.
Top
+10
-3
Posted by Oddjob (+181) 3 years ago
Reply to Bridgier (#368244)
Bridgier wrote:
Yeah oddy, what the procreate happened in the last 100 years?

(I could tell you, but I'd rather not do your homework for you)



Here's what the procreate happened in the last 100 years as far as the DemoKKKrats are concerned. Nothing but the smoke screen and projection to try and hide the fact that they are STILL the Party of Jim Crow, promoting subjugation to dependence on a government hand out. The only real change is they are now the Party of equal opportunity Jim Crow.

If you choose to be a Democrat, the origin, history, legacy of your chosen party IS slavers and the KKK.

Celebrate it. It belongs to you.
Top
+3
-11
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 3 years ago
Strom Thurmond was born a democrat, but what party was he member of when he died?

Something happened in 1964 that began a realignment in both the Republican and Democratic parties, what could it be?

I'm starting to see why all those professors traumatized you with failing grades.
Top
+12
-4
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3112) 3 years ago
Check please. The fare at this salon is not as good as I remember and the people here are loutish and silly.
Top
+10
-2
Posted by Oddjob (+181) 3 years ago
Reply to Bridgier (#368269)
Of course. The old "realignment" myth.

Since demoKKKrats can only think in terms of race.

"Strom Thurmond was born a democrat, but what party was he member of when he died?"

WTF does that prove?

The proud Klansman and Hillary Clinton mentor, Robert Byrd was "born a democrat". but what party was he a member of when he died?

After 1968, all the ex-southern democrats and Klan in Wallace's American Independent Party figured out they could achieve the same goals with plantation politics, following LJB's and Byrd's lead. They all slid right back home and created the enslavement of dependence on government. Behold the fruits of their work in every democrat enclave.

I'm sure this is all too deep for a one trick pony.
Top
+4
-9
admin
moderator
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9694) 3 years ago
Reply to Oddjob (#368276)
You can attempt to distort and mischaracterize history as much as you like, but it will not change the fact that the KKK supports Donald Trump.

Top
+9
-4
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 3 years ago
Byrd said: "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times . . . and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."


http://www.washingtonpost...05_pf.html

Not everybody dies a bitter pustule of resentment and bigotry.

[Edited by Bridgier (8/26/2016 1:50:54 PM)]
Top
+10
-3
Posted by Oddjob (+181) 3 years ago
Webmaster says:

"You can attempt to distort and mischaracterize history as much as you like, but it will not change the fact that the KKK supports Donald Trump."

You say it "mischaracterizes" history pointing out the fact that the roots and substance of the democrat party are best exemplified by the slaver, Jackson and the bigot, Wilson? You are living in a fantasy world.

There's been no "redemption" found in FDR and LBJ. The democrats have merely traded the iron chains of overt slavery to the paper dollar chains of control and dependence.

So the KKK likes Trump? Well, as a matter of fact, they like Hillary too. This certainly got buried behind kerfuffle over David Duke.






Byrd..What a laugh. If you are really serious with this, I can't believe the kind of bulls**t a smart guy like you willingly falls for!

Sure, I believe him.....

Sounds like a man who was a hypocrite bible-thumper all his life, hedging his bet on meeting his maker.
Top
+4
-8
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2672) 3 years ago
Is it possible Oddjob, that your hero, Will Quigg, thinks this "endorsement" will help Drumpf by allowing idiots like you to post an article like this so even greater idiots like gunsngold will get even more aroused?

Nah Yes.
Top
+6
-4
admin
moderator
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9694) 3 years ago
Reply to Oddjob (#368283)
Oddjob wrote:
So the KKK likes Trump? Well, as a matter of fact, they like Hillary too. This certainly got buried behind kerfuffle over David Duke.

[video link]

Back in March, "The Daily Telegraph" (a London newspaper) wrote a story about Mr. Quigg - the subject of your video. An excerpt from that story is included below. The bold emphasis was added by me.

The Telegraph wrote:
Asked why he was not therefore supporting Mr Trump, Mr Quigg replied: “We don’t like his hair. We think it’s a toupee. He won’t do what he says he will do. He says he’s going to build a 20-foot high fence along with border with Mexico and make them pay. How’s he going to do that?”

Prof Levin, a former New York police officer, was sceptical of Mr Quigg’s renunciation. “Based on his past statements, it doesn’t appear highly credible that he has changed his effusive allegiance to Donald Trump,” he said. “The timing seems suspect. I think this is a function of not wanting to undermine the Trump campaign.”

http://www.telegraph.co.u...inton.html



Spin, spin, spin all you like. Only the most ignorant will buy what you are peddling.
Top
+5
-5
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5042) 3 years ago
They don't come more willfully ignorant than our boy Oddjob.

You're on the same side as the bigots, Oddjob!

Be proud. Be proud.
Top
+6
-4
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2672) 3 years ago
Clinton called out these "Alt-Right" groups, essentially calling them steaming piles of maggot infested dog doodoo. Immediately their fevered brains were filled with the strains of "Looks Like We Made It" by Barry Manilow. Quite entertaining.
Top
+6
-4
Posted by Oddjob (+181) 3 years ago
My point here is when someone makes an idiotic statement like this...

"You can attempt to distort and mischaracterize history as much as you like, but it will not change the fact that the KKK supports Donald Trump."

to deflect from a debate they do not wish to engage in, all it takes is a 2 second Google search to find something that will contradict.

Neither candidate is defined by the fringe crazies that can be found saying this wild poop, and if you think they are defined by it, then YOU ARE the fringe crazies.
Top
+5
-6
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2672) 3 years ago
Oddjob. Who is the current CEO of Trump's campaign and what "News" organization did he work for?
Top
+5
-2
admin
moderator
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9694) 3 years ago
Reply to Oddjob (#368293)
Oddjob wrote:
My point here is when someone makes an idiotic statement like this...

"You can attempt to distort and mischaracterize history as much as you like, but it will not change the fact that the KKK supports Donald Trump."

to deflect from a debate they do not wish to engage in, all it takes is a 2 second Google search to find something that will contradict.

I remember a joke from back in the 1970’s, when I was in grade school. It went something like this ...

A hippie, a priest, and President Nixon are all on a plane.

During the flight, the pilot suddenly comes out and exclaims, "The plane is crashing! But there are only 3 parachutes. Since I'm the pilot, I’m taking one!" He puts it on and jumps out the door.

President Nixon then gets up and says, "Well, I'm the President of the United States and the smartest man on the planet. Our country needs me." So he takes one, puts it on and jumps out the door.

Then there's the hippie and the priest left.

The priest says, "Go ahead son, take the other one. Use it for yourself. I've lived my life well, and will meet God soon."

The hippie says, "No man. Don’t worry about it. We can both go. The smartest man on the planet just jumped out with my knapsack."

In this story, Oddjob, you are Mr. Nixon.
Top
+5
-5
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3112) 3 years ago
Typical of many threads on MC . Calm, this has gone astray. Poor Jeanette Rankin got left in the dust.
Top
+6
-1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13770) 3 years ago
Tucker, it went astray with Zz/SD's first reply in the thread. What do you expect?

A post of such colossal stupidity (100 years ago was WWI, not WWII) and ignorance (she was anti-war, not pro-Hitler) just took all the wind out of Amorette's post about a famous Montanan campaigning in Miles City. It leaves one simply speechless, that such people have the mental capacity to tie their shoes, let alone post on a computer.

You cannot judge a discussion when it was dragged into the ditch from the get go.
Top
+5
-2