President Obama's Speech
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 5 years ago
Here's my favorite passage (emphasis added):

"That's why we can attract strivers and entrepreneurs from around the globe to build new factories and create new industries here. That's why our military can look the way it does—every shade of humanity, forged into common service. That's why anyone who threatens our values, whether fascists or communists or jihadists or homegrown demagogues, will always fail in the end."
+15
Posted by Oddjob (+183) 5 years ago
Finally after 8 long years, this National disgrace is going away to make room for the next one.
+5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17498) 5 years ago
I would say the true national disgrace is being the most powerful nation in the world, yet having such a poor educational system that we have many who deny global warming and believe that Jesus rode dinosaurs.
+16
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2774) 5 years ago
"That's not the America I know." Obama used that line in his speech. Donald Jr., who has now demonstrated he is as dumb as his father, used the line in his speech so has accused Obama plagiarism.

I'm pretty sure Obama has used the line plenty of times. I would have loved to watch the Trump people going over the Dem's speeches looking for lifted lines. Surely, if we got caught at it, there is no way they won't get caught also.
+5
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14983) 5 years ago
Reply to Oddjob (#367814)
Oddjob wrote:
Finally after 8 long years, this National disgrace is going away to make room for the next one.

I didn't know you were in the running. Are you on the Grumpy Old Lazy Fart ticket?
+3
Posted by Oddjob (+183) 5 years ago
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#367820)
Richard Bonine, Jr. wrote:
Oddjob wrote:

I didn't know you were in the running. Are you on the Grumpy Old Lazy Fart ticket?

Said the other grumpy, lazy, old fart......

No matter who wins it will only be a continuation of a National disgrace that has gone on since 1989. My only hope for Trump is that he will be a vindictive bastard who will appoint a serious prosecutor to the AG and that person will indict, convict and jail everyone in the past three or four Administration who they can indict, convict and jail for crimes against the American people. Politicians, bureaucrats, private sector. Anybody who carried out an unlawful agenda or curried favor with a quid pro quo or a bag of cash.

At this point, that's probably the only thing that could stave off a much uglier scenario that's brewing on both the Left and the Right. The past two weeks showcased a growing number of people who are running out of hope. God save us and pass the ammunition when that happens.
+3