"They Called Me Buster"
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+2941) 3 years ago
I just read the book, "They Called Me Buster" by Bus Morris as told to Karen Morris. Such a great read. I found his statement, "We were what people of this day and age would consider to be poor and underprivileged , but it was just a way of life. Everyone was in the same boat." Brought back lots of memories. If you get a chance take the time to read it. Good area information as well.
+3
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 3 years ago
I ordered it on Amazon and just received it. I can't wait to read it.
+1
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1026) 3 years ago
Thank you, Jeri and Kacey!

A little over 20 years ago, my Dad and I started a project that evolved into this book. I had asked him to write down his memories of things he had experienced in his life because I did not want them to be lost with time. Through the years, he has given many people copies of this original manuscript and it was always very well received. As he and I have discussed frequently, many people growing up in this time period had similar experiences. To coincide with his 88th birthday next month, I published the manuscript and added a few additional things. I am pleased with the way that the book turned out, as well as the conversations it has sparked with the people that have read it so far. He did a good job.

The book can currently be purchased on Amazon.com for $7.50. I will have a limited number of signed copies shortly after his birthday on the 8th.

Some of you may remember my Dad since he worked for L.P. Anderson for many years--in Miles City and then in Glendive. I have posted a couple of more recent photos of my Dad on my author page at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B01J4QQ5Q8 (one of him with his dog, Ernie, as they visit Jobie and a very recent one with him signing his book). You can link directly to the book's page from there.

Thank you for your interest.
+1
supporter
For those that might be interested in a closer look at my Dad's book, the Look Inside feature is now active on Amazon so you can read the first part of the book there as a preview.
supporter
I now have the signed copies of my Dad's book (a limited number). If you are interested in obtaining a signed copy, please contact me at 2324433. Delivery is free in Miles City. There is a $2.50 charge for copies that are mailed. Thank you!

[Edited by Karen L. Morris (9/7/2016 2:54:33 PM)]
supporter
Exciting update:

The Newcastle, Wyoming newspaper (News Letter Journal) did a wonderful feature about my Dad and his new book, They Called Me Buster. You can see the picture that they had on the front page (September 1 edition) here: http://newslj.com/a-tale-...on-county/, as well as reading a part of the story. That's my Dad on his horse, Rowdy, taken around 1950. Jobie, of course, was included in the feature.

Remember, if you want to take a peek inside the book, it's on Amazon (Look Inside is active) at: https://www.amazon.com/Th...Bus+Morris and there are a couple of additional photos on my author page (link on the same page).

The Glendive Ranger ran the press release about the book and they even bought some copies to sell!

Good news is meant to be shared!