supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13040) 3 years ago
I am sure I am not the only one grilling, in honor of our vets (I never knew a vet who did not like grilled or BBQ meats). So, what are you grilling today?

Myself, I just threw a spatchcocked Hutterite chicken that was marinaded 24 hours in garlic, mint, orange juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper on the ceramic grill.

Note the chicken is sitting, breast side up, on the cool side of the grill. After about 45 minutes, I will flip the breast side down on the hot side of the grill, probably for another 15-20 minutes to crisp the skin up.

Corn on the cob is soaking in salt water, ready for the grill in about 20 minutes. A tossed salad with bleu cheese dressing, and I think I will be done.

Oh, and a Classic American Pilsner, of course, brewed by myself, for it is Memorial Day, and we should all thank those who has served our country to make it what it is today.

So, what are you grilling today?
+4
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9192) 3 years ago
Halibut.

+4
supporter
Okay. You win.
+2
supporter
....but I'll see your halibut, and raise you an 11 lb. brisket flat, smoked over cherry wood and charcoal for 12 hours.

I put that on after the chicken was done. I will freeze it to take on the Smith River in a couple of weeks.
+3
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9192) 3 years ago
The brisket looks darned tasty. I think it’s hard to beat cherry wood when it comes to red meat. It works well for salmon too.

I corned 25-30lbs each of moose round and beef brisket last winter. When the salmon runs are done with, I’m going to smoke some of each for pastrami.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13956) 3 years ago
Wow. Howard Walowitz would be proud of that brisket.