Special Medal of Honor Winners memorial service
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9848) 3 years ago
Members of the Fifth Infantry Re-enactors, along with re-enactors from other groups and interested citizens, will be holding a special Memorial Day service at 11 a.m. Monday, May 30, at the Custer County Cemetery to honor Miles City's Medal of Honor winners, in particular Henry Hogan who died 100 years ago and was one of only 19 double MoH winners. After a gun salute and service for Hogan, we will move over to the grave of James Pym, who won his MoH at the Custer battle. His medal is one of two on display at the battlefield today.

If anyone would be interested in attending, they would be welcome, especially anyone in uniform or period costume.

For further information, contact Amorette Allison. I'm in the book.
+6
Posted by RTB09 (+48) 3 years ago
One does not "win" the Medal of Honor. One is awarded the Medal of Honor or is a Medal of Honor recipient. It is not a contest.
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9848) 3 years ago
Fine. Are you interested in attending the ceremony to honor Hogan and Pym or just like being pedantic and putting me in my place?
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13759) 3 years ago
Sometimes, Richard can be a total Dick.
Posted by RTB09 (+48) 3 years ago
I would love to attend this as it is a great way to honor a few great Americans, unfortunately I will not be able to.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14454) 3 years ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#366740)
I think you might have the wrong BO9, Gunnar.
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1908) 3 years ago
I apologize for being rude. Yesterday was NOT a good day.

Anyway, we would love to have anyone attend, even if you can't be in uniform or costume, to recognize two true American heroes who have been rather ignored. Their stories are amazing. It should be a lovely ceremony.
+2