Any jobs out there
Posted by jeremy thomas (+134) 5 years ago
Hi there I am just curious on if anyone is hiring decent pay out there I currently am at pine hills and it is becoming worse and worse there full time decent pay no fast food if u have anything let me no 598-1205
+1
Posted by Steven Dey (+402) 5 years ago
There is a Job fair at MCCAIN April 14th.
+2
Posted by montanaman (+297) 5 years ago
sorry to hear things are getting worse out there, its turned into a real _ _ _ _ hole out there. use to be a great place to work until new management took over about ten years ago, with there hug a thug thinking.
+2
Posted by Mankato Kid (+16) 5 years ago
Ya I agree with Jeremy until that place changes there adminstrative attitude out there towards employees they will keep going through good help. It's no secret they can't keep people out there look at the newspapers there always hiring. They can never hardly hire anyone local and haven't for some time. They get people that move there retired from correxctions from another state and have made it a career so they must know something. They either don't make probationary period which they retired with more then 20 years from that line of work in other states, or the employee knows how ridculously things are ran out there after working other agencies. I've met alot of people in the commuinty here that work some where else now that moved there whole family here across the united states to work there and either left or got fired because they didnt like how it was ran. Plus they just started implementing good raises a year or so ago and still can't keep people. You can throw money at people all day working conditions is where it's at if you have a happy employee you have loyalty period!!!!!!!
+1
Posted by Bigmontana (+16) 5 years ago
Hard to believe you would post looking for a job by disparaging your employer on a public site. Businesses in town won't be breaking your door down. Looks like you managed to get sympathy from the disgruntled (probably fired them selves) former employees. Love this post! Really people?
+5
Posted by Phil Shifley (+116) 5 years ago
Bigmontana, In a normal situation what you're saying would apply, not in this one. You would be hard pressed to find anyone in this community that does not know or have a bit of an idea how bad the situation at Pine Hills is. I have also worked there and to truly describe the state of its current work environment to anyone is impossible, they don't believe you.

Since the second in command has taken control that facility has spiraled out of control. Hostile work environment is an understatement, outside of the complications with the residents. Under state law it is a felony offense to assault a corrections Officer yet PHS staff are prohibited from charging the inmates when they commit this offense (among a multitude of others). So as one would expect the assaults on staff are rampant. These have led to injured workers, lost workforce, employee sick leaves, even disabilities and what you are seeing in the community... a mass exodus. Right now they are so under staffed that they're in mandatory overtime and they can't find anyone to apply. Who's fault is that?

As you can tell I'm quite put out over the lack of action at the state level regarding the situation at Pine Hills and truly believe that it is on the verge of a major meltdown. How would you feel if you had to go to work every day at a turd slinging baboon cage where all of your coworkers were so stressed out and fed up that they were at each others throats? That kind of environment can make you physically ill just at the thought of having to go to work.

So is he wrong in saying anything, not in my eyes, I wouldn't hold it against anyone knowing what I do and I don't think anyone in Miles City with their head above sand would either.
+6
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2629) 5 years ago
A lot of people know someone who works there, and yes it is getting bad from what I hear. The OP said nothing bad about the place besides it's getting worse and worse. I see no harm in that.
+3