+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15315) 4 years ago
You're up early this morning, Hal.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9526) 4 years ago
Usual time David – but my routine is a little off this morning.
founder
I'm just not accustomed to seeing you post at 5:52am (4:52am if not for DST).
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9526) 4 years ago
Not to mention time zones ; -)

I don't even want to get started on DST. For the past few weeks I was able to walk to work in the daylight - this week I'm back to stumbling through the brush in the dark.

When you live in a place where the sun is above the horizon for 22 hours on the Summer Solstice and 6 hours on the Winter Solstice changing the clock doesn’t make much sense. Not that it probably makes much sense where ever you live.
+1
founder
I walk with my son to the school bus stop at a little after 7 each morning. It went from being very light out to being somewhat light out. But getting up at 6:15a it is now pretty dark out which makes it that much harder to get up. On Monday morning I said, "Good morning," to Jake when I got up. His response, looking out the window, "What morning? It's the middle of the night out there."

By summer solstice in Seattle it will be pretty light at 4am. I hate that because the birds are all making a racket. Makes for poor sleep.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14857) 4 years ago
Reply to David Schott (#365584)
David Schott wrote:
I walk with my son to the school bus stop at a little after 7 each morning. It went from being very light out to being somewhat light out. But getting up at 6:15a it is now pretty dark out which makes it that much harder to get up. On Monday morning I said, "Good morning," to Jake when I got up. His response, looking out the window, "What morning? It's the middle of the night out there."

By summer solstice in Seattle it will be pretty light at 4am. I hate that because the birds are all making a racket. Makes for poor sleep.

You should have named Jake "Bert".
+1